[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I'm a bit confused on a pretty crucial part of the build. Maybe I'm just not reading it and understanding it correctly. But there is this passage:

"Because of these factors, an opportunity arose. We now take Storm Brand out of the wand and link it with Hextouch and 2 curses. Frostbite is mandatory, but the second curse can be Temporal Chains for defense or Elemental Weakness for damage."

But then the gem setup goes on to say this for the CI version of the build.

"Wand Gems - Get "Trigger a Socketed Spell When You Use a Skill" automate EE and cursing.

Orb of Storms - Frost Bomb - Storm Brand"

So, what's going on here. I don't see Hextouch or anything anywhere for this part of the build. Is CI just not self casting Storm Brand with the curses? Are we just letting the wand do what it normally did?
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
SimRose wrote:
I was thinking of dropping Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom since i already have stun immunity from Chayula amulet.
What do you think of running blasphemy to optimize explosions (not having to use the brand for curses). Maybe going with Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vaal Discipline - Enlighten 4 to reach a comfortable mana left and self casting frostbite for bosses.
I think Orb of storms + Tempest on the trigger wand should be able to provide EE uptime without the storm brand, or maybe I could change the orb for the brand.
I'm pretty new (both to the game and to the build) but this is what i thought of, what's your opinion?

I dropped Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom. I still have a 4 link hextouch setup but I gem swap the Hextouch with Blasphamy for mapping. It was an amazing QOL change for me and the clear feels so much better. When I do tough bosses like Sirus or Maven I put the Hextouch back in.

Do you activate only one curse for mapping then? Because I cant see how you can run both and still run vitality, clarity and discipline.

If yes which curse to prefer?
Last edited by Riversouls on May 8, 2021, 8:00:58 PM
I decided to give SSF a try this league and chose to follow this amazing guide. Having a blast so far, DPS is alright with just over 1 Million if my PoB is setup correctly. Just got a 21/0 Vortex, but I'm not sure wether to use it over my 20/20 because of the missing AoE without Quality.
I'm a bit tempted to switch over to trade because I don't think I will get my hands on a Shav's soon to get that sweet low life damage boost. I hope I can resist a bit more and see how far the SSF experience will take me :)
Here's my gear, maybe someone has SSF-viable suggestions for improvements.

Even managed to get 2 OK-ish cluster jewels, although its a bit of a hassle to get the right crafting bases outside of heist. Tried to avoid this mechanic, mostly because I skipped heist league and didn't want to "learn" it.

I'm surprised that this Belt doesn't increase my Energy Shield by very much at all compared to my

I go from 8169 to 8306, just throwing it out there for people wanting to upgrade to one-- you need a really really good quality Crystal Belt for it to be worthwhile. I spent a few Exalts on that belt and it wasn't much of an upgrade. Just wanting to share my story lol.
"
GsengteSau wrote:
I decided to give SSF a try this league and chose to follow this amazing guide. Having a blast so far, DPS is alright with just over 1 Million if my PoB is setup correctly. Just got a 21/0 Vortex, but I'm not sure wether to use it over my 20/20 because of the missing AoE without Quality.
I'm a bit tempted to switch over to trade because I don't think I will get my hands on a Shav's soon to get that sweet low life damage boost. I hope I can resist a bit more and see how far the SSF experience will take me :)
Here's my gear, maybe someone has SSF-viable suggestions for improvements.

Even managed to get 2 OK-ish cluster jewels, although its a bit of a hassle to get the right crafting bases outside of heist. Tried to avoid this mechanic, mostly because I skipped heist league and didn't want to "learn" it.

I'm doing low life without a Shav, I've been doing it with Petrified Blood. It started out as just a test but turns out to be surprising strong defensively. I'm not following this guide but I do frequent this thread to see what others are doing. PM me if you want to look at my PoB, I'm not comfortable posting it in somebody else's build guide.
Last edited by IchiMorghulis on May 9, 2021, 2:35:48 PM
"
Defiants wrote:

I'm surprised that this Belt doesn't increase my Energy Shield by very much at all compared to my

I go from 8169 to 8306, just throwing it out there for people wanting to upgrade to one-- you need a really really good quality Crystal Belt for it to be worthwhile. I spent a few Exalts on that belt and it wasn't much of an upgrade. Just wanting to share my story lol.

Do you use PoB? I always calculate my stats with the new item when I plan to make a bigger investment.
Hello !

I play on console and this build is really cool, thank you !

I have a ton of things to improve, my build is very basic (I suck at crafting) and no big issues in T11 so far.
Hi everyone, have a good day!

Thank you for the guide, ShakCentral, it helped me a lot.

However, I get oneshot kinda often.

I have about 5Ex at the moment. Can you or somebody help me what to buy next? Here is my item

here is my profile if you want to check the cluster jewels: https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/nam9xz
I have ONEshot problems too :(
I will be grateful for any advice.
I'm kinda confused on a pretty crucial part of the build.

"Because of these factors, an opportunity arose. We now take Storm Brand out of the wand and link it with Hextouch and 2 curses. Frostbite is mandatory, but the second curse can be Temporal Chains for defense or Elemental Weakness for damage."

But then the gem setup says this for the CI version of the build...

"Wand Gems - Get "Trigger a Socketed Spell When You Use a Skill" automate EE and cursing.

Orb of Storms - Frost Bomb - Storm Brand"

I don't see Hextouch or anything anywhere for this part of the build. Is CI just not self casting Storm Brand with the curses? I also see in the guide it says to start using a 4L with 2 curses after you do uber lab, but none of those seem to fit the CI listings as well. Any help is appreciated.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info