[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
Hixt63 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was hoping one of you helpful vortex pro's could please take a look at this character's gear and give me advice on what would be best to upgrade next? I'm looking at my gloves/boots/unset ring but maybe I ought to be looking to upgrade my wand first? Something else entirely? I'd appreciate any input.

Your wand could definitely use an upgrade but there are also some easy upgrades that you can make.

1. Better gems - 21 Vortex and 21 Vaal Cold Snap would be a pretty big boost as well as Awakened gems. Some of the other gems would also benefit from 21/23 and a lot of them are very cheap.

2. Get some quality(Caster) on your Mark of the Shaper. This should be very cheap but will be a decent boost. Also get quality(Defense) on your Presence of Chayula and hit it with some Blessing Orbs. Blessings are super cheap so you should try and max out any implicits that aren't already maxed.

After that I would focus on the unset, gloves, and boots. The unset currently has no ES. You should be able to get a pretty cheap ring with 35+ ES and resists. I would probably take the ES/Resist over the 21 cold damage.

Edit: Also don't limit your search to just wands. You can get some very good daggers or scepters as well. Just make sure you meet the str requirement if you go scepter.

Thank you for the write up and the feedback, good stuff thank you.

I've been searching and cannot find out how to craft specific quality, such as quality(Caster) or quality(Defense). Not even google knows lol.

Should i be looking to buy items that already have those quality on them? Or buy without and do it myself - assuming someone can share this secret knowledge of how to do it!!

Mark of the Shaper with decent rolls are 1ex+, i'm going to need to farm more!! i only have about 20ex to spend in total.
Last edited by Xierg on May 6, 2021, 7:27:30 PM
"
Xierg wrote:
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
Hixt63 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was hoping one of you helpful vortex pro's could please take a look at this character's gear and give me advice on what would be best to upgrade next? I'm looking at my gloves/boots/unset ring but maybe I ought to be looking to upgrade my wand first? Something else entirely? I'd appreciate any input.

Your wand could definitely use an upgrade but there are also some easy upgrades that you can make.

1. Better gems - 21 Vortex and 21 Vaal Cold Snap would be a pretty big boost as well as Awakened gems. Some of the other gems would also benefit from 21/23 and a lot of them are very cheap.

2. Get some quality(Caster) on your Mark of the Shaper. This should be very cheap but will be a decent boost. Also get quality(Defense) on your Presence of Chayula and hit it with some Blessing Orbs. Blessings are super cheap so you should try and max out any implicits that aren't already maxed.

After that I would focus on the unset, gloves, and boots. The unset currently has no ES. You should be able to get a pretty cheap ring with 35+ ES and resists. I would probably take the ES/Resist over the 21 cold damage.

Edit: Also don't limit your search to just wands. You can get some very good daggers or scepters as well. Just make sure you meet the str requirement if you go scepter.

Thank you for the write up and the feedback, good stuff thank you.

I've been searching and cannot find out how to craft specific quality, such as quality(Caster) or quality(Defense). Not even google knows lol.

Should i be looking to buy items that already have those quality on them? Or buy without and do it myself - assuming someone can share this secret knowledge of how to do it!!

Mark of the Shaper with decent rolls are 1ex+, i'm going to need to farm more!! i only have about 20ex to spend in total.

To get quality on your jewelry you'll buy or farm(Metamorphs) catalysts. For the Mark of the Shaper you want Imbued Catalyst. For your Chayula you want Tempering. The Tempering are a little pricy but well worth it. You'll need 20 for each. You can also do your belt but I would wait until you have a nice crystal belt.

https://pathofexile.fandom.com/wiki/Catalyst
Last edited by Fizzx_Gaming on May 6, 2021, 7:50:06 PM
"
SimRose wrote:
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:

I dropped Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom. I still have a 4 link hextouch setup but I gem swap the Hextouch with Blasphamy for mapping. It was an amazing QOL change for me and the clear feels so much better. When I do tough bosses like Sirus or Maven I put the Hextouch back in.

I forgot to mention I have aspect of the spider on my boots, that's why I need the enlighten 4 on my 4link to have all auras on and still have to self cast frostbite. I guess I could activate it only for bosses and gem swap too. I'll see if it's too much of a hassle

I only active my Aspect for bossing. It's not necessary for mapping or map bosses. It takes about 4 seconds for me to swap and turn on aspect. Since I only use hextouch and aspect for actual bosses it is almost no hassle at all.
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
SimRose wrote:
I was thinking of dropping Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom since i already have stun immunity from Chayula amulet.
What do you think of running blasphemy to optimize explosions (not having to use the brand for curses). Maybe going with Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vaal Discipline - Enlighten 4 to reach a comfortable mana left and self casting frostbite for bosses.
I think Orb of storms + Tempest on the trigger wand should be able to provide EE uptime without the storm brand, or maybe I could change the orb for the brand.
I'm pretty new (both to the game and to the build) but this is what i thought of, what's your opinion?

I dropped Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom. I still have a 4 link hextouch setup but I gem swap the Hextouch with Blasphamy for mapping. It was an amazing QOL change for me and the clear feels so much better. When I do tough bosses like Sirus or Maven I put the Hextouch back in.

Are you still using Vitality and Clarity, if so what level? Mana reservation reduces the mana a bit too much. I can only keep them at very low levels, to have enough mana to cast cold snap still.
Last edited by izint on May 7, 2021, 1:36:43 AM
Hey Shak, amazing guide! I definitely felt my most powerful going through campaign and early maps following this- and even swapped to CI early and had a blast!

Quick optimization yes or no question, would it be worth rolling on the new apothecary glove 18% damage over time implicit evas/es base if it was shaper influenced despite the ES hit?

If you have answered that previously I apologize, I saw 380 pages of comments and just thought I would toss another onto the tsunami :P

Thanks again for the guide!
"
izint wrote:
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:
"
SimRose wrote:
I was thinking of dropping Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom since i already have stun immunity from Chayula amulet.
What do you think of running blasphemy to optimize explosions (not having to use the brand for curses). Maybe going with Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vaal Discipline - Enlighten 4 to reach a comfortable mana left and self casting frostbite for bosses.
I think Orb of storms + Tempest on the trigger wand should be able to provide EE uptime without the storm brand, or maybe I could change the orb for the brand.
I'm pretty new (both to the game and to the build) but this is what i thought of, what's your opinion?

Are you still using Vitality and Clarity, if so what level? Mana reservation reduces the mana a bit too much. I can only keep them at very low levels, to have enough mana to cast cold snap still.

12 clarity and 14 vitality. I have enough mana for higher vitality but I don't have the strength. I could probably get away with lower clarity but I have enough unreserved that I have no issues.
I think I saw this on another build but if you can fit in a gem with the Enduring Composure passive you basically get permanent 3 Endurance Charges! I think it's much more worth over the extra ES, at least in PoB the effective hp says so.

My main struggle atm is fitting in Arcane Surge now, and increased duration for my IC as I like my shield charge setup for the fortify to make mapping even less dangerous. Also wondering if there's anything cool I can do with my Endurance charges/Frenzy Charges since they are very consistent.

Maybe I can do a better cluster set-up? Is Blast Freeze even that good?

pob: https://pastebin.com/KtYxLSzg
"
I think I saw this on another build but if you can fit in a gem with the Enduring Composure passive you basically get permanent 3 Endurance Charges! I think it's much more worth over the extra ES, at least in PoB the effective hp says so.

How are you keeping this up? I can see it being useful when you do get hit, but you have no increased duration of charges, so they expire in what 8 seconds? Are you really getttng hit multiple times every 8 seconds? we have high block and spell block, we have some level of dodge and eva from flasks, mobs are all heavily chilled or outright froze, mobs are all blind, we never stand still, and anything thats actually dangerous also has temp chains on it.

I dont think I get hit twice in every 20 seconds, let alone twice in ever 8 to keep charges up.
IGN
Domination: CockBlockingAxes zomgwtfbbqlegs, GotYourselfAGun
Standard: LookAtMyHorseMyHorse, ComeOnNSlamEveryBodyJam, AdmiralTrapar
guys i need some suggestions to make my char a little bit more tanky.

maybe taking glancing blows with nearby blocking nodes can help but im not sure which dmg nodes to drop. :S
"We don't want to take away the feeling of closing your eyes and Exalting an item, scared to see whether you ruined it or not." -PoE Design Team Member.
"Get your magic finder characters ready!" -Chris Wilson
"
goatcheese61 wrote:
"

How are you keeping this up? I can see it being useful when you do get hit, but you have no increased duration of charges, so they expire in what 8 seconds? Are you really getttng hit multiple times every 8 seconds? we have high block and spell block, we have some level of dodge and eva from flasks, mobs are all heavily chilled or outright froze, mobs are all blind, we never stand still, and anything thats actually dangerous also has temp chains on it.

I dont think I get hit twice in every 20 seconds, let alone twice in ever 8 to keep charges up.

I think what you're thinking about is evasion/dodge. When you block, you're still counted as being hit so on hit effects will work.

I uses it with glancing blow and the endurance charges are up constantly. I had to drop my level 3 IC for a level 12 Steelskin so I don't lose my endurance charges.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info