[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

"
Xierg wrote:
Could one of you uber Vortexers please take a look at my gear/build and suggest where i could improve/upgrade?

I don't have the life/mana to run all the Auras. I can run Mal/Zeal/Disc/Clarity but can't run Hatred?

I'm dying fairly often still on T16, Ultimatums are about a 50/50 at T16. I've been stuck on Level 91 for ages due to EXP loss :(

My flasks I'd say need an upgrade too.

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you!

You didn't take the skill reservation nodes. You do need them to have enough mana/life to reserve everything.

Furthermore, you linked your discipline and clarity to faster casting, therefore both auras reserve more mana. Unlink them. And replace faster casting with arcane surge lvl 6 for a dps increase.

Your gems are lvl 20 but do not have any quality. You can vendor them with one gcp each for a lvl 1 20% gem. They should level up pretty fast for an overall dps increase.

Your rings are pretty bad, I think you can get much better ones for under 20c each. Same applies to your boots. Try to get some more chaos resistance, it helps a lot. Get at least one unset ring to run vitality.

You should get a Rumi's flask asap for surivability, as well as a Cinderswallow's urn.

Afterwards try to get a six linked shavs.

Last edited by Floekchen on May 6, 2021, 6:56:44 AM
@Floekchen

Thank you!! You're a legend mate, i really, really appreciate you taking the time to have a look and give me some helpful feedback. Have some karma, awesome.

I'll do all of that, i'm such a noob with the linking the auras :(
No worries, on thing to add:

Try to get as much stength and dexterity on your gear to free at least 3 of the 4 skillpoints you used for the +30 nodes.
"
Hixt63 wrote:
Hi everyone,

I was hoping one of you helpful vortex pro's could please take a look at this character's gear and give me advice on what would be best to upgrade next? I'm looking at my gloves/boots/unset ring but maybe I ought to be looking to upgrade my wand first? Something else entirely? I'd appreciate any input.

Your wand could definitely use an upgrade but there are also some easy upgrades that you can make.

1. Better gems - 21 Vortex and 21 Vaal Cold Snap would be a pretty big boost as well as Awakened gems. Some of the other gems would also benefit from 21/23 and a lot of them are very cheap.

2. Get some quality(Caster) on your Mark of the Shaper. This should be very cheap but will be a decent boost. Also get quality(Defense) on your Presence of Chayula and hit it with some Blessing Orbs. Blessings are super cheap so you should try and max out any implicits that aren't already maxed.

After that I would focus on the unset, gloves, and boots. The unset currently has no ES. You should be able to get a pretty cheap ring with 35+ ES and resists. I would probably take the ES/Resist over the 21 cold damage.

Edit: Also don't limit your search to just wands. You can get some very good daggers or scepters as well. Just make sure you meet the str requirement if you go scepter.
Last edited by Fizzx_Gaming on May 6, 2021, 11:52:44 AM

Weapon 1ex
Offhand 1.5ex
Helm 30c
BodyArmour 6ex
Gloves 1ex
Boots 1ex
Belt 10c
Ring 25c
Ring2 3ex
Amulet 1.5ex

Cinderswallow Urn 1.5 ex
Rumi's Concoction 7c
Atziri's Promise 3c

Jewels
Intuitive Leap 65c
Energy From Within 1ex
Hypnotic Eye Jewel 1ex

Cluster Jewels
2 Medium Deep Chill, 10c x 2
2 Small Energy From Naught 30c x2

POB: https://pastebin.com/fAkcJKNj

I want to show my current build which I think is pretty achievable. Comes to about 20 ex. Need to account for gems and other intermediate upgrades.

It is missing some QOL such as trigger. Not the most dps achievable in any way.

I do have a feeling this will be nerfed next league.
Last edited by psychopath on May 6, 2021, 3:51:30 PM
Why do you think this will get nerfed? It takes a large amount of investment to scale.

Your POB is also confusing me. You are using creeping frost, Ok NP but this isn't a creeping frost build.

You are LL I think but you don't have LL and full energy selected in your POB so if you looking at damage from your POB it's all off.

But yes I agree it's great. :)

"
psychopath wrote:

Weapon 1ex
Offhand 1.5ex
Helm 30c
BodyArmour 6ex
Gloves 1ex
Boots 1ex
Belt 10c
Ring 25c
Ring2 3ex
Amulet 1.5ex

Cinderswallow Urn 1.5 ex
Rumi's Concoction 7c
Atziri's Promise 3c

Jewels
Intuitive Leap 65c
Energy From Within 1ex
Hypnotic Eye Jewel 1ex

Cluster Jewels
2 Medium Deep Chill, 10c x 2
2 Small Energy From Naught 30c x2

POB: https://pastebin.com/qpv5cGgF

I want to show my current build which I think is pretty achievable. Comes to about 20 ex. Need to account for gems and other intermediate upgrades.

It is missing some QOL such as trigger. Not the most dps achievable in any way.

I do have a feeling this will be nerfed next league.
Not using creeping frost. Was just gem leveling. Updated POB. It is low life.
I was thinking of dropping Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom since i already have stun immunity from Chayula amulet.
What do you think of running blasphemy to optimize explosions (not having to use the brand for curses). Maybe going with Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vaal Discipline - Enlighten 4 to reach a comfortable mana left and self casting frostbite for bosses.
I think Orb of storms + Tempest on the trigger wand should be able to provide EE uptime without the storm brand, or maybe I could change the orb for the brand.
I'm pretty new (both to the game and to the build) but this is what i thought of, what's your opinion?
"
SimRose wrote:
I was thinking of dropping Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom since i already have stun immunity from Chayula amulet.
What do you think of running blasphemy to optimize explosions (not having to use the brand for curses). Maybe going with Blasphemy - Temporal Chains - Vaal Discipline - Enlighten 4 to reach a comfortable mana left and self casting frostbite for bosses.
I think Orb of storms + Tempest on the trigger wand should be able to provide EE uptime without the storm brand, or maybe I could change the orb for the brand.
I'm pretty new (both to the game and to the build) but this is what i thought of, what's your opinion?

I dropped Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom. I still have a 4 link hextouch setup but I gem swap the Hextouch with Blasphamy for mapping. It was an amazing QOL change for me and the clear feels so much better. When I do tough bosses like Sirus or Maven I put the Hextouch back in.
Last edited by Fizzx_Gaming on May 6, 2021, 6:37:10 PM
"
Fizzx_Gaming wrote:

I dropped Vile Bastion for Profane Bloom. I still have a 4 link hextouch setup but I gem swap the Hextouch with Blasphamy for mapping. It was an amazing QOL change for me and the clear feels so much better. When I do tough bosses like Sirus or Maven I put the Hextouch back in.

I forgot to mention I have aspect of the spider on my boots, that's why I need the enlighten 4 on my 4link to have all auras on and still have to self cast frostbite. I guess I could activate it only for bosses and gem swap too. I'll see if it's too much of a hassle

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info