[3.21] ShakCentral's Cold DoT Elementalist For Everyone

I've played this build a few times, mainly a couple leagues ago when Occultist was OPOP. It is genuinely my favorite build ever, as both a league starter and an end game grinder. This guide looks fantastic, even as a work in progress. As mentioned above, I do think you should add something in the general gearing section about avoiding Cold Damage on items. Aside from that I love everything I see and will be referencing this quite a bit over the next month or so (gotta get that league start time up, I'm slowing down in my old age). Keep up the good work!
"
Justiis wrote:
I've played this build a few times, mainly a couple leagues ago when Occultist was OPOP. It is genuinely my favorite build ever, as both a league starter and an end game grinder. This guide looks fantastic, even as a work in progress. As mentioned above, I do think you should add something in the general gearing section about avoiding Cold Damage on items. Aside from that I love everything I see and will be referencing this quite a bit over the next month or so (gotta get that league start time up, I'm slowing down in my old age). Keep up the good work!

Can you expand more on how Cold Damage rolls affect EE? I'm looking to buy/craft my big boi juicy low-life endgame wand and most of the rolls are cold damage related.

Should I be looking for just generic spell damage and DoT or should we not use EE?
"
WhoMans wrote:
"
Justiis wrote:

Can you expand more on how Cold Damage rolls affect EE? I'm looking to buy/craft my big boi juicy low-life endgame wand and most of the rolls are cold damage related.

Should I be looking for just generic spell damage and DoT or should we not use EE?
I think he means to avoid "adds cold damage to spells'. Since we use storm brand or orb of storms (for example) to proc EE, adding cold damage to spells would make EE not work since you'll be doing cold damage too with those lightning spells.

I got a wand with +1 to level with cold skill gems (which is a big dmg boost) and multi modded it, it should work for everything in my opinion.

You can check my char if you want, I'm pretty much done with him (did every content in the game with no problems and have around 13kES and good DoT damage).

Edit: Allocating tranquility gives you a good dps boost as well.
Last edited by Pud1MxD on Nov 21, 2019, 1:07:17 PM
I just refresh this daily to see updates, hoping its done before 3.9

:P
"
I just refresh this daily to see updates, hoping its done before 3.9

:P

Good news! I'm working on updates again and it should be done in time for 3.9!

Apologies for the multi-week delay; between fostercare and a very busy work schedule, the last couple of months have not left me with much free time.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 3, 2020, 3:42:42 PM
I liked your detailed leveling guide, very nice
Anyone know if there is a playthrough VOD that shows going from OOS to Vortex?
@phexifa,

Thanks for the input! I'm very proud of those guides and spent an ungodly amount of time on them. Always great to have feedback.

@passiontrix,

Are you specifically asking about the transition after Act 10 Kitava is downed and you want to swap somewhere in the lvl 65-75 range? I could record the next time I do that transition. It takes a little while depending on how many Alts, Fusings, and Jew/Chromes you can save up. I've found the biggest time sink, especially in SSF, to be getting the currency to properly link gems.
Cold DoT For Everyone: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120
Last edited by ShakCentral on Jan 3, 2020, 3:42:57 PM
@ ShakCentral

Yeah, around the 65-75 range, I simply cannot get to 5k ES with trying to get T3+ ES rolls on pieces you've mentioned. I guess you just have to spend a lot of time in this area or be very lucky.

I'm currently 74 with 3550 ES or 4285 ES with Discipline active. I just took the CI node. I can do white tier maps pretty easily but I'm wondering how to speed up the process of killing. I took Vile Bastion > Void Beacon > Frigid Wake. I wonder if it would've been better to take Profane Bloom earlier. Any suggestion on this?
Hum, can't import the PoB. Anyone else having issues?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info