[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Hi, I have a few question.
First, with this Corruption and with a few other Lighting damage and Shock chance on the tree, how likely I'll shock Bosses?

Regarding this ring, i'm really in doubt on how to try to metacraft it.
Surely I'll slam a Reedemer Orb to get a prefix ( 3 outcomes would be really good, 1 would be ok, 1 would be completely useless) but then?
I mean i'd like to get a t1 life, but the only real affixes that i dont wanna get lost are the suffixes, but how can I block Prefixes to slam the last sufffix hoping for a frostbite on hit?

Lastly ;D

I've got a pair of boots with t1 Life, t1 legacy Temple mod (mov speed + 12% chance to evade attacks) and 2 suffixes, so i can block suffixes and slam for the last prefix.. would be the reedemer the best one in this case as well (elusive would be great, phys as extra cold would be ok)?
Or there's are other mods I could look for that i dind't think of?

thank u :P

edit:
how can i link my items like everyone else does? LoL
edit2: Found out,
Last edited by Asra101010 on Jan 21, 2020, 2:47:02 PM
"
greenimp77 wrote:
"
Omegarud wrote:
Hey, want to start off with thanking Aquarism for this very entertaining build. I have never put this many hours into a character, and I still don't feel burnt out. I have to admit that at several times leveling up I felt like respecing or starting a completely new build, but after managing to build up some currency and investing it in the build it feels great! I'm a fairly new player so seeing that builds can completely turn around with some investment was a very helpful experience.

Would love some feedback on where to take the build now. Skill tree-wise I'm working hard on making it to level 93, that way i can allocate Soul Raker, which I currently have anointed on my amulet, I will then anoint Constitution. But I see many people with both Point Blank and Vaal Pact. How important are these nodes? I'm struggling to see what nodes to remove to get these.

I have seen talks about Raider vs Deadeye, what are the pros and cons between the two?

Item-wise my current priority is upgrading quiver and then body armour. The last couple of days I have been thinking about Voidfletcher vs +1quiver with frenzy generation. I'm leaning towards Voidfletcher with Point Blank implicit. People in the comments seem to prefer Voidfletcher. Stats requirement and resistances are a tiresome jigsaw, especially stats when I ditch my current quiver.

Really appreciate any answer or general feedback for that matter!

Edit: PoB link: https://pastebin.com/JG6CckkN

I'm in a similar boat - I've played this build since league start. SSF. Min maxing it all the way.

I didn't pull up your POB but looking at your gear and gems:

1. If you aren't already, go Raider. I didn't notice any drop in DPS but my survivability is 100% better. You also get an extra fenzy, plus you don't need the rare quiver enchant to generate frenzy.

2. Drop Ice Bit or Hypothermia on Ice Shot and replace with Chain. GMP + Chain on Ice Shot is a massive 1 tap full screen clear.

3. As a personal pref instead of Barrage I use Galvanic Arrow + Barrage Support. POB says it does more DPS (use an online calculator to calc real dps from Barrage Support). It's also handles packs of rares much better than Barrage. We're already stacking tons of ele damage. Also mean you can run Phys reflect with no problems (I was always killing myself with Barrage on Phys reflect maps).

3a. When calculating Galvanic Arrow damage, make sure you do the Average Damage in POB * 2. The arrows hit, then the aoe also hits. So 2 hits.

4. After the switch to Raider get Tailwind boots. The extra action speed makes you super zoom zoom. I don't even use Wither to get around any more.

5. +1 projectile on Quiver is a huge boost.

6. Pandemonious Amulet is a huge DPS boost against bosses.

edit:
7. Regarding Vaal Pact - I've run with and without it a lot. I don't notice a huge diff without it. I usually go without so I can run Blood Rage without issue.

Thanks for the reply! Can't imagine the struggle playing SSF.. I tried changing from deadeye to raider in PoB. Is the survivability boost in the chance to dodge spell and attack hits? Because my evasion rating actually dropped, but my dps significally increased, which seems weird given the fact that I'll shoot one less arrow?

Galcanic arrow is tempting. my knowledge about PoE isn't that good but I assume you use it to get the shock damage boost, which is crazy good from what I can tell in PoB.

Weird about the Vaal Pact, cause some people say it allows them to face tank bosses?
"
Omegarud wrote:

Weird about the Vaal Pact, cause some people say it allows them to face tank bosses?

It's not required but it can definitely be the difference sometimes and feels better. Basically if your points are already in the bottom middle side you could go for it, otherwise wouldn't worry. I'm going without it and it's fine
How good is increased damage with hits against chilled enemies on gloves? I have a pair of pretty good gloves with 47% on them along with life and resists and I am wondering if they are worth more than one to maximum frenzy charges. I guess it would depend on how frequently/easily you can keep mainly bosses chilled but is there a way to calculate that? Thanks for any input.
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Surely I'll slam a Reedemer Orb to get a prefix ( 3 outcomes would be really good, 1 would be ok, 1 would be completely useless) but then?
I mean i'd like to get a t1 life, but the only real affixes that i dont wanna get lost are the suffixes, but how can I block Prefixes to slam the last sufffix hoping for a frostbite on hit?

Unavailable

It doesn't work that way. Item already have influence.
Last edited by Striphor on Jan 21, 2020, 11:17:06 PM
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.
"
Striphor wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:

It doesn't work that way. Item already have influence.

Jeeez you're right! I've completely forgot that cause all the orbs I've use till now were on no-influenced items.
Well, still I need to figure out how to try metacraft it..
"
greenimp77 wrote:
"
Omegarud wrote:
Hey, want to start off with thanking Aquarism for this very entertaining build. I have never put this many hours into a character, and I still don't feel burnt out. I have to admit that at several times leveling up I felt like respecing or starting a completely new build, but after managing to build up some currency and investing it in the build it feels great! I'm a fairly new player so seeing that builds can completely turn around with some investment was a very helpful experience.

Would love some feedback on where to take the build now. Skill tree-wise I'm working hard on making it to level 93, that way i can allocate Soul Raker, which I currently have anointed on my amulet, I will then anoint Constitution. But I see many people with both Point Blank and Vaal Pact. How important are these nodes? I'm struggling to see what nodes to remove to get these.

I have seen talks about Raider vs Deadeye, what are the pros and cons between the two?

Item-wise my current priority is upgrading quiver and then body armour. The last couple of days I have been thinking about Voidfletcher vs +1quiver with frenzy generation. I'm leaning towards Voidfletcher with Point Blank implicit. People in the comments seem to prefer Voidfletcher. Stats requirement and resistances are a tiresome jigsaw, especially stats when I ditch my current quiver.

Really appreciate any answer or general feedback for that matter!

Edit: PoB link: https://pastebin.com/JG6CckkN

I'm in a similar boat - I've played this build since league start. SSF. Min maxing it all the way.

I didn't pull up your POB but looking at your gear and gems:

1. If you aren't already, go Raider. I didn't notice any drop in DPS but my survivability is 100% better. You also get an extra fenzy, plus you don't need the rare quiver enchant to generate frenzy.

2. Drop Ice Bit or Hypothermia on Ice Shot and replace with Chain. GMP + Chain on Ice Shot is a massive 1 tap full screen clear.

3. As a personal pref instead of Barrage I use Galvanic Arrow + Barrage Support. POB says it does more DPS (use an online calculator to calc real dps from Barrage Support). It's also handles packs of rares much better than Barrage. We're already stacking tons of ele damage. Also mean you can run Phys reflect with no problems (I was always killing myself with Barrage on Phys reflect maps).

3a. When calculating Galvanic Arrow damage, make sure you do the Average Damage in POB * 2. The arrows hit, then the aoe also hits. So 2 hits.

4. After the switch to Raider get Tailwind boots. The extra action speed makes you super zoom zoom. I don't even use Wither to get around any more.

5. +1 projectile on Quiver is a huge boost.

6. Pandemonious Amulet is a huge DPS boost against bosses.

edit:
7. Regarding Vaal Pact - I've run with and without it a lot. I don't notice a huge diff without it. I usually go without so I can run Blood Rage without issue.

Could you enlighten me does the tree changes if we migrate over to ranger? What is the order of ascendancy like ?
"
gawddawg wrote:
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:
Hey guys, I need your feedback concerning my ice shot raider. I know it is a bit different from the build guide since it has a selfcurse temp chains setup built into it, but any feedback would be helpful. Please keep in mind, that I am in the process of leveling up my gems after getting them to +20 quality (should have straight up bought them, but old habbit of mine). What do you guys think?

Quality up your bow, get an assassin's mark ring to replace your non-taming one. Maybe get a Kaom's roots with implicit +movement speed/dodge spell attacks and more hp. Shackles you can also aim for a beefy implicit like +crit chance

Thank you, bro. That already helped a lot!

I did some min/maxing yesterday and changed the following:
// Kaom's Roots with high life + avoid attack
// Took Alira as reward
// Got a second taming
// Changed my tree a bit in order to take an extra intelligence node, 'cause my intellegence is low (just like in real life 😂)
// Lowered the herald of thunder level

Now my resists are looking a little better and my damage went up. My life more or less stayed the same. Now I have about 4 exalts left.

I have a couple of questions though:
// For higher quality on my bow, I have to corrupt it, right? Not sure if I wanna do that...
// I am thinking of the following setup for my two four links:
A temp chains + CoH + incr. duration + herald of thunder (pretty sure about that)
B precision + hatred + enlighten + vaal haste
Or would herald of ice be more useful??
B2 hatred + herald of ice + enlighten + vaal haste (or molten shell maybe)
Maybe you could help my with that.
Hey this is my equips,

Also got watcher eye with 1.5% crit with hatred.

What should i be thinking on changing? Helm with the - cold resist? Or should i think about a new quiver first?
Can someone give me some lines of improvment?

Thanks ;)
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Hi, I have a few question.
First, with this Corruption and with a few other Lighting damage and Shock chance on the tree, how likely I'll shock Bosses?

Unavailable

Unavailable

Lastly ;D

I've got a pair of boots with t1 Life, t1 legacy Temple mod (mov speed + 12% chance to evade attacks) and 2 suffixes, so i can block suffixes and slam for the last prefix.. would be the reedemer the best one in this case as well (elusive would be great, phys as extra cold would be ok)?
Or there's are other mods I could look for that i dind't think of?

thank u :P

edit:
how can i link my items like everyone else does? LoL
edit2: Found out,

Regading to the shock, it will depend entirely on the %damage dealt to a boss in a single hit, so if we are talking about barrage, forget about shocking bosses when your build is around 98% cold and remaining lightning or whatever.
I think it will be better to add a minimal fire dmg to ignite bosses (since you dont need to reach any threshold) and use cinderswallow flask, that would be 10% increased dmg taken.
Some items in this post are currently unavailable.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info