[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

hi, can i know, is a corrupted void fletcher or is this quiver
better? considering that i swapped to raider i don't need the frenzy generation.

not so sure on how to calculate dps on my character with voidfletcher vs this.

https://pastebin.com/2iedaUda <-- my pastebin
Last edited by pandadarren on Jan 21, 2020, 5:12:44 AM
Hey guys, I need your feedback concerning my ice shot raider. I know it is a bit different from the build guide since it has a selfcurse temp chains setup built into it, but any feedback would be helpful. Please keep in mind, that I am in the process of leveling up my gems after getting them to +20 quality (should have straight up bought them, but old habbit of mine). What do you guys think?

Last edited by RaveHeart1985 on Jan 21, 2020, 6:26:21 AM
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:
Hey guys, I need your feedback concerning my ice shot raider. I know it is a bit different from the build guide since it has a selfcurse temp chains setup built into it, but any feedback would be helpful. Please keep in mind, that I am in the process of leveling up my gems after getting them to +20 quality (should have straight up bought them, but old habbit of mine). What do you guys think?

wow, singular rare item build, must be standart.
Haha, yessir! Having a fulltime job, wife and two toddlers the whole league thing is not really possible for me.
Hi, anyone can tell me if my build is OK (i'm lvl 72)
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:

Quality up your bow, get an assassin's mark ring to replace your non-taming one. Maybe get a Kaom's roots with implicit +movement speed/dodge spell attacks and more hp. Shackles you can also aim for a beefy implicit like +crit chance
Last edited by gawddawg on Jan 21, 2020, 9:22:22 AM
Hey, want to start off with thanking Aquarism for this very entertaining build. I have never put this many hours into a character, and I still don't feel burnt out. I have to admit that at several times leveling up I felt like respecing or starting a completely new build, but after managing to build up some currency and investing it in the build it feels great! I'm a fairly new player so seeing that builds can completely turn around with some investment was a very helpful experience.

Would love some feedback on where to take the build now. Skill tree-wise I'm working hard on making it to level 93, that way i can allocate Soul Raker, which I currently have anointed on my amulet, I will then anoint Constitution. But I see many people with both Point Blank and Vaal Pact. How important are these nodes? I'm struggling to see what nodes to remove to get these.

I have seen talks about Raider vs Deadeye, what are the pros and cons between the two?

Item-wise my current priority is upgrading quiver and then body armour. The last couple of days I have been thinking about Voidfletcher vs +1quiver with frenzy generation. I'm leaning towards Voidfletcher with Point Blank implicit. People in the comments seem to prefer Voidfletcher. Stats requirement and resistances are a tiresome jigsaw, especially stats when I ditch my current quiver.

Really appreciate any answer or general feedback for that matter!

Edit: PoB link: https://pastebin.com/JG6CckkN

Last edited by Omegarud on Jan 21, 2020, 10:26:19 AM
"
gawddawg wrote:
"
THEarmisLT wrote:
Hello,could anyone take a look at my POB? Im really struggling to do single targer dmg(i knew it sucks but i think im just missing something important) but in my eyes i have all the uniques, rare items to do so. At first i didnt have much a thought because i only had 1 5link but after i spended all my currency for the "budget" watchers eye and buying my first 6link i was really hopping to get better result then what im have atm. I can clear trash very easy most of the time with 1 shot but single target and killing any unique enemy or boss bacicly becomes dark souls to me.
This is my POB (https://pastebin.com/SYrVEM8S)
This a video before i did my "majors upgrades(watchers eye,6lin,new rare jewels,tombfist) [https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LOBMZvKYIRM]

And this is me today gettin frustared killing metamorph for 10 min
[Part 1 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OIFUYDSaqIY]
[Part 2 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NEJOhQdU5Bk&t]
[part 3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8GsJo2lcWa0&t]

Heya dude, that metamorph's energy shield straight didn't drop hey, brutal.
The most glaring things I see is Damage on full life and Ice bite supporting barrage. Ice bite is a standalone for Ice shot, for single target you want to socket as though you're not going to be at full hp consistently nor killing to proc ice bite through barrage.
The gems I would strongly strongly suggest as a replacement is Added cold damage and Cold pen support. That would up your damage immensely.

Also consider getting a point in Vaal Pact in the bottom of the tree which helps in face tanking bosses with barrage. From your video I saw your placed yourself quite far from the boss meaning the spread from barrage projectiles massively lowers your damage. It's understandable given your survivability. To aid in that I suggest swapping one of your gems for Vaal Grace (only use the vaal version) and potentially using a jade flask instead of Atziri's promise. Also strongly recommend going Frost bomb which doesn't require any links or quality as it baseline lowers life regen by 75% and cold resist by 25% (that's almost as good as a bonus cold pen link!).

Other than that you've itemised well, now it's time to invest for the same types of gear but with juicy mods attached to it. For example, buy an evasion based (silken hood is pretty high evasion) which already has a barrage enchant (preferrably bonus projectile), then use a pristine + frigid fossil to get a high life, -9% nearby enemy frost resist roll. Including resonators you would only expect to spend about ~12c per try. In my earlier weeks I was lucky enough to spend less than 50c so you can potentially buy a base for multiple ex and spend less than an ex on the fossils. Obviously compromise with a different enchant if it's out of your budget. Assassin's mark increased curse effect, Barrage 40% dmg are good alternatives.

Perhaps swap your annointment out for consitution. Personally i'd recommend you go for more of an evasion setup rather than full on hp mods. That means Fractal thoughts, evasion gloves with %dmg with hits against chilled/frozen instead of tombfists, using regrets for more evasion nodes.

But yeah decent itemisation so far, and if you take away anything I'd definitely say for your barrage setup, swap Damage on full life + Ice bite for Cold pen and Added cold. You'll most likely see drastic changes simply from that.

Thanks for answering means alot to me. At the start i was using everything like frost bomb , grace but after a while i bought new items and i lost gem sockets so i prefered precision over frost bomb (cause i had a pain constantly casting it even with duration mod) and im using frenzy so i could stack my frenzy faster ill try dropping my precision over frost bomb and i dont understand the concept of dropping my damage and going for evasion. How will it help me ? If im already squishy enought to die in 1 one hit would it be better to go all out dmg and do the either you die or im dying.

I was thinking to ditch elder ring get get a rare one with appropriate stats and buy a pandemonius amulet
"
THEarmisLT wrote:

Thanks for answering means alot to me. At the start i was using everything like frost bomb , grace but after a while i bought new items and i lost gem sockets so i prefered precision over frost bomb (cause i had a pain constantly casting it even with duration mod) and im using frenzy so i could stack my frenzy faster ill try dropping my precision over frost bomb and i dont understand the concept of dropping my damage and going for evasion. How will it help me ? If im already squishy enought to die in 1 one hit would it be better to go all out dmg and do the either you die or im dying.

I was thinking to ditch elder ring get get a rare one with appropriate stats and buy a pandemonius amulet

Don't worry too much about an evasion setup right now (fractal thoughts etc), I'd say though you can probably try swap out the enlighten. If you have 90-100 mana without it you'll most likely be fine with leeching mana. You can also swap out frenzy and increased duration. Steelskin works fine without incr duration and frenzy isn't necessary with your frenzy quiver + ice bit. With those 3 slots having been freed you can now look to put in vaal grace etc - just need to shift links around if you need.

So in short i'd say swap frenzy out for vaal grace and use a jade flask in place of atziri's promise.

The damage/evasion build is very pricey but look into it once you get the currency. The concept of it is straightforward: pop things before they can do anything :P, hence you need a big investment to have the damage to facetank barrage and not bother dashing out. I support pande and mark of the elder yeah, great rings. Make sure your other ring is shaped and the pande gets constitution perhaps
Last edited by gawddawg on Jan 21, 2020, 11:29:05 AM
"
Omegarud wrote:
Hey, want to start off with thanking Aquarism for this very entertaining build. I have never put this many hours into a character, and I still don't feel burnt out. I have to admit that at several times leveling up I felt like respecing or starting a completely new build, but after managing to build up some currency and investing it in the build it feels great! I'm a fairly new player so seeing that builds can completely turn around with some investment was a very helpful experience.

Would love some feedback on where to take the build now. Skill tree-wise I'm working hard on making it to level 93, that way i can allocate Soul Raker, which I currently have anointed on my amulet, I will then anoint Constitution. But I see many people with both Point Blank and Vaal Pact. How important are these nodes? I'm struggling to see what nodes to remove to get these.

I have seen talks about Raider vs Deadeye, what are the pros and cons between the two?

Item-wise my current priority is upgrading quiver and then body armour. The last couple of days I have been thinking about Voidfletcher vs +1quiver with frenzy generation. I'm leaning towards Voidfletcher with Point Blank implicit. People in the comments seem to prefer Voidfletcher. Stats requirement and resistances are a tiresome jigsaw, especially stats when I ditch my current quiver.

Really appreciate any answer or general feedback for that matter!

Edit: PoB link: https://pastebin.com/JG6CckkN

I'm in a similar boat - I've played this build since league start. SSF. Min maxing it all the way.

I didn't pull up your POB but looking at your gear and gems:

1. If you aren't already, go Raider. I didn't notice any drop in DPS but my survivability is 100% better. You also get an extra fenzy, plus you don't need the rare quiver enchant to generate frenzy.

2. Drop Ice Bit or Hypothermia on Ice Shot and replace with Chain. GMP + Chain on Ice Shot is a massive 1 tap full screen clear.

3. As a personal pref instead of Barrage I use Galvanic Arrow + Barrage Support. POB says it does more DPS (use an online calculator to calc real dps from Barrage Support). It's also handles packs of rares much better than Barrage. We're already stacking tons of ele damage. Also mean you can run Phys reflect with no problems (I was always killing myself with Barrage on Phys reflect maps).

3a. When calculating Galvanic Arrow damage, make sure you do the Average Damage in POB * 2. The arrows hit, then the aoe also hits. So 2 hits.

4. After the switch to Raider get Tailwind boots. The extra action speed makes you super zoom zoom. I don't even use Wither to get around any more.

5. +1 projectile on Quiver is a huge boost.

6. Pandemonious Amulet is a huge DPS boost against bosses.

edit:
7. Regarding Vaal Pact - I've run with and without it a lot. I don't notice a huge diff without it. I usually go without so I can run Blood Rage without issue.
Last edited by greenimp77 on Jan 21, 2020, 1:34:25 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info