[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

what do you guys think of replica ferruls?

the perma onslaught sounds nice and endurance charges are not terrible right
Any thoughts on swapping in Farrul's fur, and getting aspect of the cat on ring/belt?

Eliminates need for frenzy or power charge generation, and grants a massive boost to survival with the 15% chance to avoid all damage and also 50% visibility reduction.
i use farrul with this build type. farruls fur is fantastic
Shitysushi - Arrow shooting build.
Sendeliriante - hollow palmer
"
xiangbalao wrote:
Any thoughts on swapping in Farrul's fur, and getting aspect of the cat on ring/belt?

Eliminates need for frenzy or power charge generation, and grants a massive boost to survival with the 15% chance to avoid all damage and also 50% visibility reduction.

Mentioned this a couple times. And I agree with it.
I am still low level in Heist (causal player), but damn it's fun running around with Mirage Archer and get those off screen chains where you hardly do anything and MA with iceshot+chain+herald of ice do the rest. It feels almost like I am using one old Winterorb when just running around and looting meanwhile I hear everything dying. And that permafreeze on everything with barrage, wtf?

Sometimes it doesn't matter if the build isn't meta, when you get that enjoying feeling of shattering frozen corpses.
Can someone take a look at my pob and help me improve my dps? I am not sure what to do. My numbers are a lot less than the pob in the guide.

https://pastebin.com/99UrnbDs
Last edited by drlichee on Sep 28, 2020, 2:41:48 PM
"
Can someone take a look at my pob and help me improve my dps? I am not sure what to do. My numbers are a lot less than the pob in the guide.

https://pastebin.com/99UrnbDs

Had a brief check on ur POB, here are some points that I noticed

1. Your dps is calculated based on normal mobs not boss, switching to shaper will end up losing a bulk in numbers
2. You did not click 'enemy is intimidated' which will give you 10% more damage
3. POB cant read the new version of Ass Mark currently, need to mannually change it into old wording ('curse enemies with Level 12 Assassin's Mark on hit'), that gives a ton of damage for bossing
4. lvling up ur awk added cold damage gem will give a lot dps
5. The culling strike from Evil eye is not recognized by POB, its effectively 11% more damage (i'm not sure if the POB from guide adjusted this point though)

After all these, you shaper dps is around 5.6M, which is slightly higher than the budget version in the guide. TBH, I'll say this is not bad consider its still league start. Ice shot build is never a cheap build to start with anyway.

Some upgrades u need (expensive though):
1. get a hatred crit watcher's eye
2. your amulet is barely giving you anything, get a Pandemonius if u have the currency
3. you need more flat damage from ur abyss jewels, try to upgrade them, but can be quite expensive
i'd say pandemonius is rly amazing amulet, that blind saved me in heist twice, at moments where i should be dead.

also, u shouldnt use assassin's mark. its bad, there is better option, which gives twice more damage and chain.

having cullting strike stuff is actually nice, but no mandatory, just makes it a bit easier, if u short on tree points, u can drop it, if u need culling strike for bosses - u can always drop any green gem from ice shot and put culling strike as gem, so ull be able to cut low hp sirus with a single iceshot.

as for crit, most likely even with crit hatred + faith, ull still not be capped at crit, yes ull get into 90% but still, i think it needs some work on top of it.

im still investigating how it can be helped to push to at least to 95+.

as for chest armor/farrul, there is bunch of options and each has its one outcome.

any farrul - ull not have access to aspect of spider in any future, as ull have a cat one instead, meow. since farrul covers ur frenzy gen in both versions, u can end up using voidfletcher quiver, as u dont need syndicate frenzy craft anymore. power charges is covered via jewel.

if u got non replica one, then its debatable do u even need medium clusters at all, because regular farrul covers power charges too.

hyrre ire, good one with lotta dodge and flat cold, with this one u can use spider aspect, frenzy crafted rare quiver, medium cluster for power charge gen. a pretty regular ice shot setup i'd say

kaom - a good option vs sirus/elder stuff, as u most likely will not rly need iceshot there,so having barrage at 6l bow is ok. or u can make 2 bows. smh like chin sol 6l with barrage, death opus with ice shot and culling strike. equip kaom and u rdy to a8 sirus.

also, it seems that all marks count towards curse, so u cant apply hex + mark on same target without having any additional curse in ur gear.
Last edited by tffiad on Sep 29, 2020, 3:20:24 AM
does it still work in 3.12?

do you need to change anything?
"
jonapaloma wrote:
does it still work in 3.12?

do you need to change anything?

huh, have you even read the thread and the conversations?
Yes it "works". No it's not META. Which actually is good since gear needed is kind of cheap, for a few exalts you zoomzoom atleast yellow maps easily. If you cant get good cluster jews you need to atleast get lioneyes and build upon that.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info