[3.11] Aquarism's Ice Shot [All Content]

Thanks for all the info guys, especially Aquarism and Slottm (but also everyone else that contributed with thoughts & experience) for wasting their time writing up and explaining a bunch of shit to us all.

This is my first league where I actually lasted more than a week and I'm in love with the game ATM - I went through a lot of chars trying things out (best were my IS DE and SA PF which I got to 93) - I was really disappointed by how my IS DE was performing on ST so I switched to the PF which was super tanky and pretty decent, but I simply can't get into it as much as I'd like to - the IS DE just feels more fun, so I've started to slowly creep it back up to where it should be.

All the free info in this thread will surely be helpful in getting it to a decent level ST wise since that's what I massively failed on the first time around, but that seems to be the focus of the last 50+ pages and people seem to be deleting bosses with it, so I'm sure I'll get to enjoy the IS clear with the barrage ST this time around.
You're welcome! I quit playing the league a few weeks ago, but glad you can still make use of any information I've found :)

And i use 2X Inspired Learning

How am I? something to improve?

3,3k hp.
Two inspired learnings by themselves and without any interaction seem rather weak when compared to damage + life jewels, or am I missing something? I am using two inspired learnings myself, but I am combining those with a headhunter belt and a lot of other different things to make full use of the buffs to a point where everything lasts 4 times as long. But all those things do make the build very limited at the same time. Therefore I would think that you might benefit from different jewels. But to each his own, if you like the playstyle.
Glad people are enjoying this build and actively helping each other, I do not have as much time as before to answer each question so this makes me happy.

Cinderswallow does seem good with the crit chance veil, going to re-add it back to the gearing section.
My Ice Shot Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2660684

Standard Crafting Service: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2623978
"
ZeRaLi wrote:
"
Asra101010 wrote:
Hi, I have a few question.
First, with this Corruption and with a few other Lighting damage and Shock chance on the tree, how likely I'll shock Bosses?

Regarding this ring, i'm really in doubt on how to try to metacraft it.
Surely I'll slam a Reedemer Orb to get a prefix ( 3 outcomes would be really good, 1 would be ok, 1 would be completely useless) but then?
I mean i'd like to get a t1 life, but the only real affixes that i dont wanna get lost are the suffixes, but how can I block Prefixes to slam the last sufffix hoping for a frostbite on hit?

Mmm ok, thank you.
(just to say : pob tells me they I have a 67% chance to shock.. Guess it doesn't count out properly.

Lastly ;D

I've got a pair of boots with t1 Life, t1 legacy Temple mod (mov speed + 12% chance to evade attacks) and 2 suffixes, so i can block suffixes and slam for the last prefix.. would be the reedemer the best one in this case as well (elusive would be great, phys as extra cold would be ok)?
Or there's are other mods I could look for that i dind't think of?

thank u :P

edit:
how can i link my items like everyone else does? LoL
edit2: Found out,

Regading to the shock, it will depend entirely on the %damage dealt to a boss in a single hit, so if we are talking about barrage, forget about shocking bosses when your build is around 98% cold and remaining lightning or whatever.
I think it will be better to add a minimal fire dmg to ignite bosses (since you dont need to reach any threshold) and use cinderswallow flask, that would be 10% increased dmg taken.
"
RaveHeart1985 wrote:

Thank you, bro. That already helped a lot!

I did some min/maxing yesterday and changed the following:
// Kaom's Roots with high life + avoid attack
// Took Alira as reward
// Got a second taming
// Changed my tree a bit in order to take an extra intelligence node, 'cause my intellegence is low (just like in real life 😂)
// Lowered the herald of thunder level

Now my resists are looking a little better and my damage went up. My life more or less stayed the same. Now I have about 4 exalts left.

I have a couple of questions though:
// For higher quality on my bow, I have to corrupt it, right? Not sure if I wanna do that...
// I am thinking of the following setup for my two four links:
A temp chains + CoH + incr. duration + herald of thunder (pretty sure about that)
B precision + hatred + enlighten + vaal haste
Or would herald of ice be more useful??
B2 hatred + herald of ice + enlighten + vaal haste (or molten shell maybe)
Maybe you could help my with that.

the quality of the bow can be increased by making use of Hillock when he's the captain of Transportation. You can buy this service but i'd be careful as you're trading the bow to someone and then use the crafting table themselves. I believe molten shell requires large armour and hp so I wouldn't suggest that. I would 100% recommend Hatred, Herald of Ice and precision as the three buffs you use. You can keep the precision level low to keep your mana above ~100. Are you reserving mana with Haste? I'd only use the Vaal version of it, so you can use Herald of ice.

Herald of Ice synergises incredibly well our projectiles to have the inpulsa effect when we shatter enemies.
Thanks again! I only use herald of thunder for procing the temp chains selfcurse. I could use herald of ice, which makes more sense in this build, but I heard that herald of thunder is more reliable for procing the curse on hit. What do you think in this scenario?
How about hot + hoi + hatred?

I might try the hillock syndicate thing myself, but I need to inform myself about it. I mostly just click some random thing, since I just got back into the game and am completely overwhelmed by all the information.
Last edited by RaveHeart1985 on Jan 22, 2020, 3:11:05 PM
Ok, I've devoted some time and with all the helpful info in this thread I've managed to get my Deadeye to a pretty satisfactory level.

I had about 15-20 ex to spend (the only thing I had from before was my amulet and boots) so I couldn't get it to an even near perfect level, still missing:

Frenzy on quiver + frenzy points in tree
Watcher's eye
Better gloves
Better amulet
no life on my eye jewel in my belt

even levels in skill gems (I've leveled inspiration to 19 only in the last 2 days)

but it still deletes (non-rare, non-vaaled for now) T16 bosses/metamorphs in like 4-7 seconds most of the time (provided it's not some nasty metamorph I REALLY have to run around for) and it feels pretty safe most of the time (managed to get a bit above 5.6k life). The Mark of the Elder + shaper ring with assasins mark is actually quite insane, I've used The Taming before and it seems that it definitely underperforms (I'm guessing high-health bosses and stuff just doesn't get shocked consistently enough with only a few lightning damage mods on jewels) compared to this combo.

Haven't really gotten to spawning another round of conquerors (only A6 for now - I'm super slow since this is my first league) but I'm pretty sure them and Sirus will be very doable with this level of damage.

Will definitely try to push this char now and farm more since there's loads of upgrades for me ATM (better optimizations of jewels/resists so I can pick up more chaos res, getting frenzy+charges in there, better gloves/boots, a better assassins mark ring etc) - all in all I'm very happy with all the useful info provided in this thread.

Remembering how it took me like 30-45s to kill a map boss on T15 and probably twice that to kill juiced up metamorphs is just super painful compared to now.
Anyone know best way to minimize mana reserved?
HOI + Hatred + Aspect of {Cat/Spider}? Do I need to pick up -mana reserve nodes?

Lastly, can anyone quickly confirm Pandemonius with Catalyst is better than a rare CritMulti ammy? I tried to POB, seems Pandemonius lowers DPS, but the blind would be good against Meta/Bosses?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info