[3.13] HC/SC/SSF All Content Miner - Any Mine Skill - LL/CI - 12k ES w/ Videos!

"
wxn7465 wrote:

I see taking 5 points to get to ZO. Not sure why 15 points. on the path, there are insightfulness for ES and spell crit nodes and sovereigny for mana reservation. end up with more ES and more dps. it is just DEX becomes a problem.

It is 17 points to take ZO, the mana reduced cluster, jewel slot and faith and steel.

Overall you gain ZO, 14% mana reduction, 20% ES, 8 res and INT.

The other path is also 17 points but ends up with:

70 Dex, 20% ES, 8 res, 12% mana reduction, and Efficient Explosives.

Overall the dex is too important to pass up. Otherwise you are using at least two skill points, or slots on your gear (that we dont have) to pick up that dex.

Efficient Explosives is also important to allow the build to function smoothly, throw out all of your mines and continue to spam. Without that cluster the build feels pretty wonky and slow.

You are giving up both of those to pick up ZO which we get for free from a flask that has 20 seconds of up-time between its charges.
Thank you for the build. Finally able to run tier 15 maps comfortably and kill Elder on red map( my first ). Will be using this for next league, hope icicle mine doesn't get nerfed.
Last edited by Diamondshard on Nov 30, 2019, 7:26:41 PM
"
Diamondshard wrote:
Thank you for the build. Finally able to run tier 15 maps comfortably and kill Elder on red map( my first ). Will be using this for next league, hope icicle mine doesn't get nerfed.

No problem.

If Icicle does get nerfed, the build will still be fine as long as mines arent changed much - will just need to use either pyroclast or something else.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
It is 17 points to take ZO, the mana reduced cluster, jewel slot and faith and steel.

Overall the dex is too important to pass up. Otherwise you are using at least two skill points, or slots on your gear (that we dont have) to pick up that dex.

Efficient Explosives is also important to allow the build to function smoothly, throw out all of your mines and continue to spam. Without that cluster the build feels pretty wonky and slow.

You are giving up both of those to pick up ZO which we get for free from a flask that has 20 seconds of up-time between its charges.

Many thanks for looking into this!
If we take the insightfulness wheel and arcane will, by giving up a few small ES nodes under foresight, we gain 530+ mana and slightly more ES. Compared to efficient explosives, there could be more mines to throw out with the extra mana? But yes, will have to take 2 points for DEX, and will probably have to give up the jewel slot. But there may be more dps, with the spell crit nodes and spell damage from the extra mana.
Last edited by wxn7465 on Nov 30, 2019, 8:33:36 PM
"
wxn7465 wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:

Many thanks for looking into this!
If we take the insightfulness wheel and arcane will, by giving up a few small ES nodes under foresight, we gain 530+ mana and slightly more ES. Compared to efficient explosives, there could be more mines to throw out with the extra mana? But yes, will have to take 2 points for DEX, and will probably have to give up the jewel slot. But there may be more dps, with the spell crit nodes and spell damage from the extra mana.

If you really want to take ZO on the tree (I still think its a mistake), the best way to do it to remove the middle section of the tree minus the ES nodes on the left and ES shield nodes. Put that section into insightfulness, EO, faith and steel and the crit nodes. Overall it ends up in similar ES values (only if you have a clarity watches eye), and slightly less DPS.

The reason why efficient explosives is so powerful is b/c of the % reduction. We dont have any slots for mana on our gear with the exception of rings so we dont benefit that highly from % mana on the tree unless we are getting it for free.

Edit - Just put it into PoB and tested it in game as well.

End result is 105 more ES and 15% less dps (maybe a little less in practice).

I dont think you can get nearly 15% dps from a flask in this build.
Last edited by BeerLeague on Dec 1, 2019, 9:29:29 AM
https://imgur.com/a/9rs5PbL

I think less dps may be due to taking EO. ZO is not the point now. If you can see the image attached. The mana now is 1537, compared with 990+ in your LL tree. The unreserved mana increases from 229 to 399, also more mana reg. that said, not sure if this can be an alternative way of handling mana issue compared to efficient explosives

for dps, before %57 mine damage + 10 crit multi, after 50% crit chance + 45% crit multi + %10 spell damage from extra mana
Last edited by wxn7465 on Dec 1, 2019, 6:41:47 PM
Would you mind posting a life tree? I'm probably going to league start with this build, but i'm not sure where to take the tree before going into CI/LL. A level 85 life tree would help a lot, especially for newer players.
Does anyone have a leveling tree for this like 20-40-60 etc? Or advice kinda where they went on the tree first that would help allot. Thank you
Question about Mines in general, first time i play Miner. Damage and such seems good, I am leveling in act 4, level 40 right now. Using Skitterbots and Discipline. Just wanted to know, does the "way to play" stay like this? What I mean more simple is, will I always need to detonate my Mines manually, and learn how/when to do so? I thought Skitterbots should do that for me, for leveling I dont think Shock and Chill alone is good enough to reserve 35% Mana. Or am I doing something wrong? Also, i really don't like the Cooldown on Detonate, nor to guess how many Mines I might need to place before detonating to kill all Mobs. Advices?

I've also read something about a Numpad 5 "Trick" for Miners, but it was a bit old and does not seem to work, atleast not like I tried it (Maybe because of the Cooldown?)
Will this build updated for 3.9?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info