[3.13] HC/SC/SSF All Content Miner - Any Mine Skill - LL/CI - 12k ES w/ Videos!

"
Profatum wrote:
I'm having a question, we have steelskin and immortal call linked to cwdt while both are guard skills. Will they work together? Also why no blind ascendancy?

They do not. I've been messing around with them on and off to see which is actually better for the build. It's probably SS over IC though. Just isnt something else great to put in that slot except maybe increased duration.

For HC, the blind ascendancy is better, For SC, the build is already pretty defensive and the extra dps is nice from the other ascendancys.
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:
I'm having a question, we have steelskin and immortal call linked to cwdt while both are guard skills. Will they work together? Also why no blind ascendancy?

They do not. I've been messing around with them on and off to see which is actually better for the build. It's probably SS over IC though. Just isnt something else great to put in that slot except maybe increased duration.

For HC, the blind ascendancy is better, For SC, the build is already pretty defensive and the extra dps is nice from the other ascendancys.

Thanks for the response.
Idk about defensive, like melee mobs are not danger, i have enfeeble, and they are highly likely be frozen when they approach me. But ranged can deal 6k damage in 1 volley because i don't have any defences against ranged except. I'm not done with this build yet, i don't even have 6 link, my gear is pretty mediocre, but i cannot say that i'm feeling defensive.
Also, since we have 1 free slot, what do you think about flesh and stone instead of aspect of the spider? That could replace blind ascendancy, and give us some damage reduction versus ranged monsters ( spider only applies 'nearby', but as i said that's not the problem ).
And we should have something in our items to inflict burning for our Exposives Expert, am i right?
Last edited by Profatum on Oct 12, 2019, 10:37:40 AM
del
Last edited by Profatum on Oct 12, 2019, 10:37:29 AM
"
Profatum wrote:
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
Profatum wrote:

Thanks for the response.
Idk about defensive, like melee mobs are not danger, i have enfeeble, and they are highly likely be frozen when they approach me. But ranged can deal 6k damage in 1 volley because i don't have any defences against ranged except. I'm not done with this build yet, i don't even have 6 link, my gear is pretty mediocre, but i cannot say that i'm feeling defensive.
Also, since we have 1 free slot, what do you think about flesh and stone instead of aspect of the spider? That could replace blind ascendancy, and give us some damage reduction versus ranged monsters ( spider only applies 'nearby', but as i said that's not the problem ).
And we should have something in our items to inflict burning for our Exposives Expert, am i right?

Yes, you will need fire damage from somewhere - jewelry or a jewel to effectively use the final ascendancy node to it's fullest.

As far as flesh and stone is concerned - it could be used. Personally I still prefer Spider as it doesn't eat a gem slot and also increases damage output considerably. "nearby' with spider is actually huge.
updated auras to squeeze a bit more survival out of the whole thing. Added a few more gearing descriptions.

As always if anyone wants something else added LMK.
i have never played CI or Miner before...
can you give me an estimated cost of the build?
"
supervi1 wrote:

Sure, they both are mid range cost builds, but scale really well with investment.

As I mentioned in the OP, the gear that is showcased is fairly high end, nothing super ridiculous, but most slots are 5-10ex or so.

It doesnt take anywhere near that level of investment to be effective though.

I'll go slot by slot:

Weapon: You dont need much here, a few C is fine. You can probably pick up a wand or dagger that has elemental as chaos and +1 cold gems for a few C if it isnt multimodded. Doryani's is also fine.

Shield: Anything over 300ES is fine - 25-30c here.

Helm: You can pick up a 270 vertex for around 5c. Rares above 300ES will be around 50c or so.

Gloves: Machina Mitts are around 25c

Boots: 25 movement speed and you can get boots for 5c-10c. Again, ES and res.

Belt: 25c or less in most cases. ES + Res

Body armor: for CI, a high ES rare and for LL Shavronnes. A 6 link shavs is 3ex atm, and about the same for a high ES rare - although picking up a 6 linked regalia and spamming some dense fossils at it would be cheaper than buying it.

Jewels: Energy from Within is 20c, the clarity watchers eye is 9ex but isnt mandatory. Other jewels are pretty cheap this league - 20-50c.

Rings: ES+ Res and Lori's Lantern or Mark of Shaper + Elder Rare. former is a few C, latter can be an ex or 2 for a good setup.

Highest cost is probably the level 4 enlighten and level 4 empower if you want to run all of the auras (but you drop Aspect of the Spider and just run 2 level 3s). For the empower, you can run inspiration or run a 4 green 2 blue setup and throw hypothermia in your regular setup.

On the low end, you can get the build up and running for 100c or so - 5 link chest, low end ES gear, no enlighten/empower. It works fine and will be able to complete all game content without a problem. From there you can start scaling your gear and focusing on upgrades. My entire setup is something along 150ex or so.
Nice informative Guide!

I started playing a Fireball Miner but switched to Icicle Mines recently, its great.

A Few questions:

Is there a reason you have Lightning dmg crafted on your wand ?
Does Energy Shield gained by Hit count for a Miner ?

What do you think about getting Zealot´s Oath in the Passive tree for more ES regeneration ?

Why are you not useing Minefield support ?

TIA
Last edited by diCastro90 on Oct 15, 2019, 9:46:13 AM
"
BeerLeague wrote:
"
supervi1 wrote:

Sure, they both are mid range cost builds, but scale really well with investment.

As I mentioned in the OP, the gear that is showcased is fairly high end, nothing super ridiculous, but most slots are 5-10ex or so.

It doesnt take anywhere near that level of investment to be effective though.

I'll go slot by slot:

Weapon: You dont need much here, a few C is fine. You can probably pick up a wand or dagger that has elemental as chaos and +1 cold gems for a few C if it isnt multimodded. Doryani's is also fine.

Shield: Anything over 300ES is fine - 25-30c here.

Helm: You can pick up a 270 vertex for around 5c. Rares above 300ES will be around 50c or so.

Gloves: Machina Mitts are around 25c

Boots: 25 movement speed and you can get boots for 5c-10c. Again, ES and res.

Belt: 25c or less in most cases. ES + Res

Body armor: for CI, a high ES rare and for LL Shavronnes. A 6 link shavs is 3ex atm, and about the same for a high ES rare - although picking up a 6 linked regalia and spamming some dense fossils at it would be cheaper than buying it.

Jewels: Energy from Within is 20c, the clarity watchers eye is 9ex but isnt mandatory. Other jewels are pretty cheap this league - 20-50c.

Rings: ES+ Res and Lori's Lantern or Mark of Shaper + Elder Rare. former is a few C, latter can be an ex or 2 for a good setup.

Highest cost is probably the level 4 enlighten and level 4 empower if you want to run all of the auras (but you drop Aspect of the Spider and just run 2 level 3s). For the empower, you can run inspiration or run a 4 green 2 blue setup and throw hypothermia in your regular setup.

On the low end, you can get the build up and running for 100c or so - 5 link chest, low end ES gear, no enlighten/empower. It works fine and will be able to complete all game content without a problem. From there you can start scaling your gear and focusing on upgrades. My entire setup is something along 150ex or so.

wow man, thank you very much, i'm pretty excited to get this build going :)
Hey,
would you recommend to kill all bandits over helping Allira? I am not sure if the skillpoints are worth the manareg and resits.

Which one did you choose and why?
Last edited by Raphanasuan on Oct 16, 2019, 5:15:21 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info