4.0 expectations

I just want the game to have better fps performance at end game situations where a lot of stuff is happening on the screen.

IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Hokek wrote:
realistic:
another brainless powerbuff.

hopes:
revert powerbuff
made game more interesting than 1hit 99% of mobs

The problem with this, and Chris interestingly highlighted it in the performance issue post, is that PoE needs most enemies to die fast. The longer they live, the worse it is for performance.

I take major issue with his stance that the engine is "lean and modern". All the evidence seems to refute that. Blight has highlighted specific issues related to performance and memory usage that are unacceptable.

Advice like dont play summoner, use less mtx, or dont run blighted maps with too many mobs, are ridiculous.

PoE is old, clunky, and worst of all, stale. There is no reason to play the core game, it's so bland, and if the league is poorly executed (see Bligt & Synthesis), the player count and retention is horrific.

4.0 needs major improvements and changes if it wants to compete in the next gen. The engine, the models, the performance, and the core content, all need significant love from GGG.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
Fix the lag. I'm inclined to think their lag problem is a management issue. When they design the maps or the new effects such as with the league challenges, they are not testing it to see if it affects frame rate drops or if it can keep up with the engine.

Change the content in act 1 and rework acts 5 and 10. How many times can we give Nessa a treasure chest? Or clear the Fetid Pool? Throw in something a little different. I was never impressed with acts 5 and 10, having to re-run through the same large area in the middle over and over, and running around all the blockades just doesn't interest me.

Do something about the boredom of having to re-run maps over and over once you reach level 90 in order to level up. Maybe make the Shaper a mini-boss, in order to advance past the tier 11 you have to beat Shaper first. Then add in some more end game bosses like Shaper. Make it so you can't advance through the atlas until the boss dies.

Make the atlas more creative instead of just a grey map with a bunch of circles. Make it in 3-d, put some artwork on it, some trees, scenery. Maybe add a second atlas so once you get past tier 16 another atlas comes up. I'm not saying make the whole game take longer, just break it up more so it's not repetitive.

Add some more puzzles in the new leagues. I know they are trying, but add something to really make you figure it out. And make it so you have to complete it, so you need to get through it to access Shaper. I was excited about the time travel league with the pyramids, but I was expecting something like if you couldn't kill a boss than you could go back in time and kill the bosses mom. Not simply killing an architect to give you more loot is all that it was about.

How about a dream league like the movie Inception? So you have to figure out if you're in a dream of a dream or just one dream. So you have to get out of the loop or else one hour will seem like 100 hours and you'll never make it through the atlas.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
Hopes
-More skill interactions, requiring tactics and strategy, rather than a single damage skill with passive supports being the best tactic

-Rebalance content to be less of a 1 min per map, and more tactical/slower/difficult

-Gate content behind difficultly not RNG grinding - i.e. more delve progress by skill less atlas map drops

-New content

Prediction
-Some new skills and ascensions that play like the old skills and ascensions
-Increased racing feel, not less
-Repackaged content
Hopes:

- Make PoE slower-paced again, like in the good old days.

- Make PoE playable again on my potato computer, like in the good old days. Now it's a lagfest for me...
They already said 4.0 is a year out, my only expectation is the same stupid bonehead moves they've done the last year.

Dogpiling stupid and poorly planned leagues into an engine that can't handle it, more layers of RNG and farming for stuff that will fill stash tabs, more screwing with the maps and progress so standard is avoided completely and a million expensive MTX packages that will fry any video card that isn't a liquid cooled 2080 Ti or better.
"
themrpid10 wrote:
They already said 4.0 is a year out, my only expectation is the same stupid bonehead moves they've done the last year.

Dogpiling stupid and poorly planned leagues into an engine that can't handle it, more layers of RNG and farming for stuff that will fill stash tabs, more screwing with the maps and progress so standard is avoided completely and a million expensive MTX packages that will fry any video card that isn't a liquid cooled 2080 Ti or better.

Good lord +1 x100000000

Def my fav post this month ty. It's so succinct I love it
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Oct 9, 2019, 2:03:25 PM
less content, more quality please.
Last edited by Farfan on Oct 9, 2019, 3:44:34 PM
I expect the end game will be expanded in some way that is equivalent to how 3.0 expanded the acts, and that the new endgame content will justify (to some degree) all the power creep we are seeing now.

I expect there will be some graphics and performance improvements that will be glossed over by the patch notes and most of the community.

I expect there will be some QoL improvements that everybody likes, but nobody asked for.

I expect these forums to still be full of complainers who nitpick the game because it is not exactly what they think they want, and bitch like GGG killed John Wick's dog.
Expectations:

1. (Attempted) performance tweaks

2. Some form of gameplay improvement akin to current Masters system

3. Profit data analysis over entirety of 3.x

4. Resume pattern of heavy meta influence for MTX sales

5. Use QoL improvements as a veil over predatory practices

6. Heavier push for loot boxes before they become outlawed

7. Experiment with new, subtle P2W practices once loot boxes get punted and gain burst profits before disabling them due to public outrage

8. Attempt to become EA

9. Continue attempts until original vision of the game becomes too blurred and diluted for recovery

10. Sell game to company like EA once attempt to become EA fails

Hopes:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info