4.0 expectations

Realistically no significant or meaningful gameplay changes but some more content.

Hopefully we get an overhaul of the item system to where loot filters are no longer a game play necessity. A philosophical change in content presentation to where trade is only for gear. As well as an overhaul to support gems to where the decision isn't just in maxing damage, but actually alter the base skills in meaningful and interesting ways.
The only expectation I´m actually having is that the game takes it progress in the correct direction and evolves.
Other then that I have a wish also, and certainly do not expect it. But each and every League will last 4 months instead of 3 as it is now. I just think that we would see a lot of improvements because of it. I just think that it would in fact be overall a positive thing for all parts involved.
No expectations anymore.

There will just be flood after flood of sub-optimal stuff that gets added to an amazing foundation of a game. And that foundation is what makes me still play it.
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Given that absolutely none of us would have predicted 10 acts in their last one, I doubt anyone here has the remotest clue as to what to expect.
What we'll hear about at Exilecon:

--Four new classes! Hundreds of new nodes, notables, and keystones!

What we'll get:

--Cool and useful things stripped from four existing classes and lumped together in various combinations to make four additional classes that are OP at first, but then will see a stealth nerf about a month into the new release.

What the teasers will say:

--Customize your character's gender, skin, hair, eyes, and voice!

What we'll see:

--Mtx that reskin your naked character with one of the handful of tired-ass, recycled textures floating around Wraeclast already. (Weren't those Piety's eyebrows? Hey, that looks like Weylam's ass-pimple. Why is the only female Templar skin, obese?) And your now-female Marauder just uses the old Witch voiceover lines, and vice versa.

What the Sneak Peeks will show:

--A new Act begins for exiles, one that will present a lasting challenge

What we'll actually hear about on opening day

--Kitava is back and wants to apply yet another permanent tax on our stats

What will get reviewed in streams:

--All-new maps and a new PVP arena

What most players will discover only too late:

--New leagues will put a focus on PVP but the promised balance overhaul for PVP never happened, oh and you have to buy the new maps as MTX and guess what? they use the same old tilesets
[19:36]#Mirror_stacking_clown: try smoke ganja every day for 10 years and do memory game
"
Antigegner wrote:
No expectations anymore.

There will just be flood after flood of sub-optimal stuff that gets added to an amazing foundation of a game. And that foundation is what makes me still play it.

As another fellow Closed Beta supporter who has been here and seen it all it is sad that TGGG has chosen to go down the shooter rabbit hole chasing those crowds seeking (at least they think) a greater quantity of players and thus a greater quantity of mtx sales. This rabbit hole takes PoE further and further away from being a classic arpg and more into the shooter type of game which is sad to see happen. Our original reasons we came to play PoE 6+ years ago (will be 7 years for me in December) have been tossed in the trash in favor of whatever will make TGGG the most revenue. Pride in producing a quality arpg is gone since the Tencent sellout. Maybe that is why Qarl quit GGG to work on a new project.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Oct 18, 2019, 3:12:51 PM
"
Arrowneous wrote:
"
Antigegner wrote:
No expectations anymore.

As another fellow Closed Beta supporter who has been here and seen it all it is sad that TGGG has chosen to go down the shooter rabbit hole chasing those crowds seeking (at least they think) a greater quantity of players and thus a greater quantity of mtx sales. This rabbit hole takes PoE further and further away from being a classic arpg and more into the shooter type of game which is sad to see happen. Our original reasons we came to play PoE 6+ years ago (will be 7 years for me in December) have been tossed in the trash in favor of whatever will make TGGG the most revenue. Pride in producing a quality arpg is gone since the Tencent sellout. Maybe that is why Qarl quit GGG to work on a new project.

100%

PoE is a shell of what it used to be.

Bizzare adventures into the world of table top, pokemon, and Tower Defense compounded with power creep, outrageous crafting, and skill gem focus that basically makes gear irrelevant for 90% of the game.

Its truly sad. But every game has a life span. I think the glory days of PoE are well behind us.
"Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak out and remove all doubt."
- Abraham Lincoln
My hopes:
Better graphic engine and performance with high-poly count,
Better character personalization,
Make equipment more relevant and makes build that uses only 1 active skill less optimal,
Add more variaton league to league.
An unfathomable amount of thought, time, and money has gone into this game and the upcoming release.

I second what a previous commenter said: You all have no idea what to expect with PoE 2. Since I started in 2013, I have been absolutely floored with how far this game has come.

Like any major release, there will prob be months of balancing. But Jesus, give it a chance before you disrespect the greatest arpg of all time with your tired opinions.

Personally, Im excited as hell.
Exile since BETA
My hope is a content patch so good that despite its bugs 4.0 will be good enough to get GGG staff painted onto the Sistine Chapel. Obviously I'm joking, but I do hope to see more ascendancies with interesting new tricks after the rough year self casting and Elementalist have had.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info