4.0 expectations

Frankly I expect more of the same crap only worse.
Yeah. THey said that 3.9 would be the first step of "poe2" so...

If the endgame and the quality of content are on the standard of 3.9 then u can fully expect the worst. Its an out of season april fools joke... (yeah I hope someone catch this)
No expectations anymore. I will check out what 4.0 brings, most likely will go through the story and that's it. PoE fell from my "to go" game pedestal long time ago so I don't care.
Still same exile
I'd like to see actual proper scaling of items, higher ilv=higher base stats like damage, eshield or armor, and a higher lv req to use. Instead of items being static, all Swords of a type all have the same base damage whether you find it at lv 1 or at lv 99. A chest armor at ilv 20 and ilv 80 the ilv 80 one should have like 1500-2000 base armor, while the ilv 20 version would have like what? 200 for a body armor? The items stagnate badly past lv 70 as its slightly higher mods on prefix/suffix, working on base stats from 30+ levels ago if your a lv 90 char.

Once I hit maps I generally stop playing as there is no real purpose to it, I'll never find gear upgrades as they drop the same base items as act 9/10 for the most part, usually with worse stats unlesss you get very lucky and rng loves you. Compared to say diablo 3/pretty much any other mmorpg/arpg game, you hit torment 1 tier, you immedatly find upgrades, all thru that tier, once you hit torment 2 tier, again gear upgrades as the same items have higher base stats AND mods with their higher ilv's. Scaling JUST the prefix/suffix modifers is not enough when your level 90 and the base item is level 60, the ilv 90 modifiers are never big enough of a diff to make up for the 30 level diff in the base item, you notice this especially bad when it comes to Armor and Evasion on things. Each level needs more and more to ohit the same damage reduction, but since the items stagnate around level 60-70, you just have no real way to actually get it.

I'd also like to see monster damage toned down as a whole, things just hit way to damn hard, the items are crap with them capping out at lv 60-70 ish so in order to be able to be tanky and take a few hits you have to heavilty invest in the defensive passives, which means less offense, and less dps, which in turn means you end up taking more actual damage in the long run.

This is why many people say summoner is OP, its not that other builds cannot match the dps of a summoner, they can, but they cannot do it as safely or low cost as a summoner can. My summoner rarely gets hit, mind you she has like 5k life and 2-3k energy shield so she can take a hit, but I got my minions to tank for me, so I can focus on dodging hits. Compared to say, any non-minion build where they have to tank the hits themselves and with the items stagnating at lv 60-70, its harder and harder to be able to take hits from higher level monsters.

My arc/pyroclast miner was doing great till I hit maps, now, I kinda can't upgrade my gear much as I won't find anything better really from drops, I can't change my passive tree as my offense will take a nosedive. and with 3k life and 600 es, I get one shotted extremly often. The dodge passives are pretty much worthless, its better to go armor, or ES than evasion. Probably going to respec him out of acrobatics and phase acro and get some armor/es nodes instead. Heard from a few people running simmlar builds that they did that and it ran much better than relying on Evasion to do anything.

I'd also like to see better combat feedback, including a combat log, I'd like to know when my char crits, blocks, evades etc with some floating combat text (configurable in UI options can disable entirely if you want too), and a combat log, as I am sick of getting instakilled and not having any damned clue what so ever wtf actually killed me. Lost one of my HC chars at lv 80, 5k life 3k es, capped resists+flasks, and I got 1 shoted by a random rare (yellow named) monster, with no idea how. I just went from full life/es to dead instantly with no explanation at all how or what killed me. my 1st hc char ate it at 79 from a metamorph projectile from 1.5 screens away. I learned to hide behind a solid wall when I sick my minions at it.
"
Tnargav wrote:
No expectations anymore. I will check out what 4.0 brings, most likely will go through the story and that's it. PoE fell from my "to go" game pedestal long time ago so I don't care.

Yeah, I loved PoE during the acts, but once I hit Maps I fell out of love with the game due to how poorly itemized it is, t12 maps dropping same base items as act 9/10 was really stupid, and the higher mods by ilv were not high enough that it made much of a difference. I just have no motivation to bother with the map endgame as the game is pretty much at a dead end around lv 70 or so item wise. There should be base items till level 100, and ilv should also up the base stats of lower level items, a unique dropped at lv 5 that is dropped at a lv 80+ area should have much higher stats than the one in the level 5 area, sadly, like I said, items do not scale properly in PoE at all.

You could argue that right now ilv effects sockets, but come 4.0 thats gone too, as the link sockets are moved to the gem itself, probably locked by gem level for how many are opened. Which means there is even less reason for there not to be proper item stat scaling.

Like I mentioned look at how diablo 3 and most other simmlar games do it, higher ilv=item has higher base stats and mods, not slightly higher mods working on a item thats 30+ levels below you.

Part of the fun for me in Arpgs like this is finding nice items to use myself, but since the game stagnates around level 70, and getting a nice drop is like finding a damn unicorn or winning the lottery, the only real option is to buy it off someone else, or try your luck with the rng bullshit craft system, which more often than not ruins items more than it improves them. I've love for Anull(sp?) orbs to let you SELECT which mod it gets rid of, instaed of it being RNG and praying it takes off the right one.
Last edited by Siveria on Jan 6, 2020, 5:04:00 AM
MTX dressing room/preview is a must. Quit it with the trailers.
"
Gulch wrote:
"
PoE is currently on a crossroads. In terms of graphics, it looks like a Diablo 2 clone.

You couldn't be more wrong. When is the last time you've seen D2 graphics?

D2 graphics were horrible the day the game was released. Some of the ugliest sprites ever. POE graphics may not be the absolute top of the line but they are certainly much better than D2 was.

Unfortunately D2 set the genre back 20 years by making it an aRPG when D1 was a graphical rogue like game. They need to move away from the stupid scripted story that is boring as heck and into more procedural content so every character feels like it took a different path to get to the end game. There is no reason to have these paint by numbers scripted quest chains in a game coming out in 2020, it is just outdated and not very fun.
Last edited by EnderCN on Jan 6, 2020, 10:07:30 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info