4.0 expectations

Well, I don´t expect anything.
And if you can call it to expect, then it would be something new that has never been seen before in this game. And that is it, really.
You're going to be disappointed if you expect GGG to give out a free premium tab.
"
Downfall89 wrote:
Thanks for all the good opinions/information even if you like the direction the game is going or not.
The most sad part about this forum/game is the people bitching without giving any informative meaning. This game has a lot of players, People who like the game, but i have never seen so many People cry and bitch over a game so popular.

As i said, i do respect Your opinion if you dont like the game and the direction its taking. But just writing shit is cancer.

Hah! Have you ever played a Blizzard game while using their forums? To answer the original question:

I expect a significant rework to the end game. Not so big that we don't still have a map type system - but I think they'll go deeper (like atlas of worlds) but also broader and give us more stuff to do.

I expect leveling will get something too, but I have no idea what. Maybe making it take a little longer, but have a bigger impact on your 'character progression'. Kind of in the vein of the skill points you get from quests - that's a lot of skill points, and you can't get them anywhere but in the leveling up acts. Something that makes it more meaningful and impactful than 'do this for 3 or 4 hours and then the real game starts'.

My only real hope is that they keep taking chances, because I think the game is fun enough that when they make a league I don't care for like Bestiary, I can go play standard, or take a 10 week break instead of a 7 week break from the game and know that it's still going to be here waiting for me with a new league on the horizon.

I wouldn't mind having race seasons back too, but that's truly wishful thinking at this point, pretty sure those are scrapped.

New weapons types such lance & polearm, Musket and crossbow.

New acts

New class maybe?

A HUGE overhaul of the passive tree

A HUGE overhaul on late game to expend game longevity.
Last edited by diablofdb on Oct 11, 2019, 5:16:50 PM
more bugs coming soon o/
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
You're going to be disappointed if you expect GGG to give out a free premium tab.

Not wishing it for myself though. I just think it would be the right thing to do. 3rd party support for trading without premium tab is slowly but surely dying out so for new people it would bea nice thing. 1 single small premium tab would be an engine to make ppl want to spend some cash instead of quitting and spamming the forums about p2w xD
"
arknath wrote:
"
Shagsbeard wrote:

Not wishing it for myself though. I just think it would be the right thing to do. 3rd party support for trading without premium tab is slowly but surely dying out so for new people it would bea nice thing. 1 single small premium tab would be an engine to make ppl want to spend some cash instead of quitting and spamming the forums about p2w xD

I think it'd be better a lot better if they gave out a map tab. With maps being the bulk of the game, and taking way more space than any other item in it, I think that's really the biggest advantage paying players get.

Especially with the crazy QoL they give that should be just a regular part of the game. Having to run to the atlas constantly and type in the name of a map to find out if it's influenced is such a pain in the ass.
Need a new signature, cuz name change. I dunno though. I guess this seems fine. Yeah, this is good.
If I were version 4.0 of myself, I'm pretty sure people would mistake me for Bill Gates.
Maybe they plan on adding another boss beyond Shaper and Uber Elder. It seems any noob can crush Shaper now, where as before very few people could beat him. Maybe that's why they made our characters so much more powerful, because they are going to add a stronger boss.
Builds
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2149153
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2245701
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2664371
Shaper Guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2252008
I've always enjoyed how involved PoE is in figuring out builds and developing your character.

My issue with the game has always been end game mapping and the trading system. It is very action heavy manually moving all the items around and manually messaging players to access end game content. I've probably had enough currency to attempt shaper / elder multiple leagues but I always stop playing before that happens.

If they fix the trading system as a result end game content would be more accessible and more enjoyable overall. I just get tired of inventory management being a gateway into difficult content.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info