4.0 expectations

"
Soepkieken wrote:
Hopes:

- Make PoE playable again on my potato computer, like in the good old days. Now it's a lagfest for me...

I am going to be honest with you but if you were already playing PoE on a potato back in 2013, I strongly advise you to buy a brand new computer this year or build your own (which can be done pretty cheap). These things don't have immortal lifes.
Heart of Purity

Awarded 'Silverblade' to Talent Competition Winner 2020.
POE turned into a ratrace for the most div/hour.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NDFO4E5OKSE
Expectations Desires
1. Better server/client communication able to handle Internet packet loss.
    (GGG is painfully aware that Networklayer/IBM Cloud fiber sucks.)
2. Spear weapons.
3. Boomerang weapons (NZ is so close to Australia that we have to wonder why not yet...
    (I guess GGG never watched Avatar: The Last Airbender series for boomerang inspiration.)
4. Massive trading rework to actually be usable... not easy... just usable. At least code in
    2-factor trade mechanism to eliminate scamming (PoE should have had it from the beginning).
5. Code in bot detection in towns and auto-ban accounts.
    (We can see the wonky movement of a bot exile in town so an algorithm to do same is needed.)
6. Stash QoL such as global search, tab sorting from the drop down tab list, etc.
7. Slowly over 4 challenge leagues global speed is reduced by 25%.
    (A true arpg should never be a speed shooter.)
8. Better quality drops from end of map bosses.

Expectations
1. None of the above!
2. Greater meta skill buffs each league coupled with more matching skill mtx to squeeze more
    $$$ out of the players (milking the cash cow to the max).
3. "New and improved" beta-challenge leagues with more more bugs to wreck QoP.
4. Greater RNG than an infinite barrel of monkeys (even with an infinite number of monkeys
    it's still all garbage coming out of the typewriters).
5. Triple uber Elder fortified with iron (damage sponge to the max).
6. Trade chat will not be changed (it's still the Chicken Little story for trade).
7. Tencent Mobility buys the remaining 20% of GGG stock and we get PoE Mobilty on our phones. {sic}
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
There are boomerangs in this game. Kind of ...
The Sirus fight is a disgrace.
Getting rid of wisdom scrolls once and for all, leaving all the drops already identified plus added customization of filters to make all these rare drops actually useful for something.
Last edited by jewelsy2 on Oct 10, 2019, 12:14:39 AM
hopes:

- identifying npc or unid.loot removal
- separate individual loot
- picking up loot of the same type with one click
- eliminating flask piano
- proper ssf and self-found mode with an ability to play with friends, but with no trading and adjusted drop rates
- rewarding bosses
- new complicated crafting systems
- loot revision
- getting rid of the fucking obligatory storyline per every new character, introduction of some kind of adventure mode with randomly generated locations, mobs, bosses, events
- ability of player to choose what specific master content to interact with (example: ability to dismiss alva and einhar, increasing chances to receive niko missions and to found niko in maps or at other content)
- "obligatory lab" removal
- no "flavour of the month" balancing + mtxes (actually i expect this to end as soon as possible)
- combat revision, more interesting, smooth combat flow
- new reworked animations, characters appearance, removing gender lock
- more skills, ascendancies, classes, passive tree must be twice as large

again, that is imo and thats what I personally crave.
dead game
bring back 3.13
"
Reinhart wrote:
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Hopes:

- Make PoE playable again on my potato computer, like in the good old days. Now it's a lagfest for me...

I am going to be honest with you but if you were already playing PoE on a potato back in 2013, I strongly advise you to buy a brand new computer this year or build your own (which can be done pretty cheap). These things don't have immortal lifes.

Playing on a (one previous gen) hex core CPU with a RTX 2070 and still getting frame issues periodically solo and consistently during things like sulphite rota.

PC master race is not a significant issue. Their game runs on an engine powered by hamsters.

Edit: Witcher 3 runs on 100-110 FPS on a 120Hz display.
Last edited by cetvxs on Oct 10, 2019, 1:26:45 AM
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
hopes:
- eliminating flask piano

Holy shit, you're a god
Expectations:
-they will probably add 5 new acts
-probably rework bandit rewards (nerf them even further)

Hopes:
-that they will not do something drastic like double the Boss HP again

My only wish for 4.0 would be to remove all stupid boss phases. I hate waiting for invincible time gated phases:

-i hate waiting for Elder to absorb the guardians
-i hate waiting on bosses to transition from one phase to another when you have the DPS to melt them in 1 hit
-i hate waiting half an hour for the 2 Vessels to spawn from the ground while going to fight Atziri
Hopes :
A mega update normally includes big improvements. In the case of the 3.0, it was "much more beautiful graphics, more realistic water, moving grass, etc....", and since the 3.0, I can no longer play POE on my laptop and I die on lags on my gamer PC (I had NO pre-3.0 problems)
So for the 4.0, I wait as an announcement "We have made the game more fluid and no longer imposing a overpowered machine to turn".

And two useful buttons that would do:
1: identify everything in one click in the bag by consuming the required number of scrolls.
2: when you are on the "currencies" tab of the chest, transfer all the currencies from the bag to the tab in a single click

I don't need more items, more areas or more différent monsters. I think there are already enough of them.

Third helmet MTX

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info