[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

hello how does this build deal with the mechanics of the league, the alert goes up a lot? english not my native language sorry
How do you manage the mana? im trying to find any node for mana leech you might put point into it but I cant find any or even gear anywhere?
"
vonar27 wrote:
How do you manage the mana? im trying to find any node for mana leech you might put point into it but I cant find any or even gear anywhere?

node - Soul Raker
Last edited by Ksard90 on Sep 22, 2020, 8:18:16 PM
Lack of DPS against Heist encounters...
"
Lack of DPS against Heist encounters...

lacking where?

you are lvl 80 something with gear worth 30c
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Sep 23, 2020, 3:20:11 AM
Thinking about rerolling to this (started as a TR PF) for better boss clearing. Have about 10ex to invest, would that be enough to get it going?
"
Hydraty wrote:
Thinking about rerolling to this (started as a TR PF) for better boss clearing. Have about 10ex to invest, would that be enough to get it going?

Yeah that's plenty to get things going.
Well it's working well on a budget, is there any budget annointment recommanded before tribal fury?
"
Hydraty wrote:
Well it's working well on a budget, is there any budget annointment recommanded before tribal fury?

I'm using Freedom of Movement right now, but it's flexible. Pick something cheap that you like.
Thanks so much for posting your builds and guide with these different poison skills.

I do have a question and sort of want your thoughts on it.

I'm wondering if Coralito's Signature that you're using, and any non-crit poison build, isn't a mistake to use.

For starters, I've learned a lot about the poison duration mechanic and I know they've made plenty of changes to it. Increasing your poison duration does increase the overall damage of the dot as it lasts longer so it effectively 'ticks' for more damage. However, there are several things I don't like at all about poison duration as a concept with this.

First, is that the longer your poison duration is, the longer your ramp time is. They are directly equal.

Second, is the fact that cluster jewel passives like:

Low Tolerance
+8% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison
Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage

This cluster only really is able to give a boost to your first hit of damage since decreasing the duration of your poisons makes you do less damage. I don't believe there is any way to use this passive effectively aside from using two separate skill gems and switching, but then poisons don't behave well like that.

So, taking that into account, I think you should consider removing Coralito's Signature from your build. It only really has a place in crit builds and in a non-crit build, you'll never get that damage back.

This basically has to do with how combat is, in that you'll never be able to effectively use the flask. It only works on poisons you inflict after the flask effect. So imagine you're doing damage damage, you use the flask, immediately after you use it, you get a burst of increased dps at the cost of whatever increased ramp time it takes to get that.

That's especially impractical in most high dps poison builds seeing as it's hard enough to get the standard ramp time, you'd have to stand still and do nothing but the still for 5, 6, 7 seconds? NOT gonna happen.

The only way to actually effectively use the flash, would be to predict when your enemy is going to make you move beforehand, making your dodging less costly. And I don't know about you, but I can't think of doing that in a fight.

Anyways, that's my recommendation and love the build btw, I'm currently still theorycrafting mine a bit, but I'm interested on your thoughts about this.

Thanks,

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info