[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

I spent 3 exalted but it's more 4 if you don't use livesearch

Here's a video, i'm not the best player :D. T15 map
https://youtu.be/zU-OhmC7AYY

https://pastebin.com/WxjhqfKp

I need help :), i find myself a little too squishy i though of some solutions

-Buy better life gear
-Sometimes more offense is more defense: craft my claws or finish to 6L my armor
-regret some point in my tree to get jewel slot to put life jewel

Anything i missed? What's the best choice?

Thanks for the solid build!
Last edited by Dynastiew on Sep 23, 2020, 11:58:17 AM
"
"
adrenalburr wrote:
So far enjoying this build as a league start, just a bit lost right now on what to upgrade next.

Spoiler

Any tips on what item to shoot for next? I can also see why Pestilence Strike is top tier, cobra lash really fell out after i got to mapping. The explosions are also pretty satisfying haha

Go for the 6L Perfect Form then rest of the gear. Upgrade claws later.

So i finally got the 6L Perfect form, took a bit of grinding since i've been a bit unlucky with drops. so would you say next thing to shoot for is the weapons? i'm really starting to feel like my dps is not on par sometimes with some content and exploding sometimes, maybe i'm a bit too trigger happy with the flasks? appreciate your help!

this is my current character on PoB
https://pastebin.com/qacRVerS
"
adrenalburr wrote:

So i finally got the 6L Perfect form, took a bit of grinding since i've been a bit unlucky with drops. so would you say next thing to shoot for is the weapons? i'm really starting to feel like my dps is not on par sometimes with some content and exploding sometimes, maybe i'm a bit too trigger happy with the flasks? appreciate your help!

this is my current character on PoB
https://pastebin.com/qacRVerS

Leave claws for later. In the meantime upgrade following and farm fossils and resonators for claws.

Sort out

1. Amulet, you can anoint Tribal Fury to ditch Ancestral call and have full dps 6L
2. belt and resistances
3. boots
4. gloves
5. jewels + Watcher's eye
6. rings
7. claws
8. helmet

OR just craft claws first. Whatever you feel least tedious. :)
"
jakejjake wrote:
Thanks so much for posting your builds and guide with these different poison skills.

I do have a question and sort of want your thoughts on it.

I'm wondering if Coralito's Signature that you're using, and any non-crit poison build, isn't a mistake to use.

For starters, I've learned a lot about the poison duration mechanic and I know they've made plenty of changes to it. Increasing your poison duration does increase the overall damage of the dot as it lasts longer so it effectively 'ticks' for more damage. However, there are several things I don't like at all about poison duration as a concept with this.

First, is that the longer your poison duration is, the longer your ramp time is. They are directly equal.

Second, is the fact that cluster jewel passives like:

Low Tolerance
+8% to Damage over Time Multiplier for Poison
Poisons you inflict on non-Poisoned Enemies deal 300% increased Damage

This cluster only really is able to give a boost to your first hit of damage since decreasing the duration of your poisons makes you do less damage. I don't believe there is any way to use this passive effectively aside from using two separate skill gems and switching, but then poisons don't behave well like that.

So, taking that into account, I think you should consider removing Coralito's Signature from your build. It only really has a place in crit builds and in a non-crit build, you'll never get that damage back.

This basically has to do with how combat is, in that you'll never be able to effectively use the flask. It only works on poisons you inflict after the flask effect. So imagine you're doing damage damage, you use the flask, immediately after you use it, you get a burst of increased dps at the cost of whatever increased ramp time it takes to get that.

That's especially impractical in most high dps poison builds seeing as it's hard enough to get the standard ramp time, you'd have to stand still and do nothing but the still for 5, 6, 7 seconds? NOT gonna happen.

The only way to actually effectively use the flash, would be to predict when your enemy is going to make you move beforehand, making your dodging less costly. And I don't know about you, but I can't think of doing that in a fight.

Anyways, that's my recommendation and love the build btw, I'm currently still theorycrafting mine a bit, but I'm interested on your thoughts about this.

Thanks,

Hi,
this is pretty much what i've explained on the main page.
Scaling duration to unreasonable values just pads total dps value which is unrealistic.
On the other side removing Coralito's is only valid for Viper Strike. It has native long duration and is not needed.

Other skills have sub 5s durations and fighting something like Minotaur with 30 million life has sense to have Coralito's and you can very much tank it all the way with MS.

Even Sirus is affected by poison in his invulnerability phases. You can see that in the Uber melee video.
Also build is meant to push hardest content so in 100% Delirious maps duration matters a lot and bosses don't fall that easy.

Ranged skills while speed mapping can also swap Coralito's for Dying Sun for even more clearspeed.

Poison dps values are scaled as high as they could be so nothing to improve much there.

Feel free to experiment and do the things to your taste.
I hope you will have a good time. :)
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Sep 23, 2020, 3:35:00 PM
"
Hi,
this is pretty much what i've explained on the main page.
Scaling duration to unreasonable values just pads total dps value which is unrealistic.
On the other side removing Coralito's is only valid for Viper Strike. It has native long duration and is not needed.

Other skills have sub 5s durations and fighting something like Minotaur with 30 million life has sense to have Coralito's and you can very much tank it all the way with MS.

Even Sirus is affected by poison in his invulnerability phases. You can see that in the Uber melee video.
Also build is meant to push hardest content so in 100% Delirious maps duration matters a lot and bosses don't fall that easy.

Ranged skills while speed mapping can also swap Coralito's for Dying Sun for even more clearspeed.

Poison dps values are scaled as high as they could be so nothing to improve much there.

Feel free to experiment and do the things to your taste.
I hope you will have a good time. :)

We can agree that it just pads dps values in POB, but I'm saying that it might actually be lowering your dps in most cases. But I'm only using the Venom Gyre build for now and trying to maximize that cause I love the skill.

The current build you posted for venom gyre has a poison duration of 4 seconds. I'd say that's probably long enough as the flasks lowers your hits by 30% and increases the duration to about 5 secs.

I'm thinking it's just not worth it in almost every scenario (unless using a crit build for the passive points). You'd have to surpass the initial ramp time after using it (4secs) to actually increase your dps.

But yeah you're free to do as you wish, and I will too.
I'll probably use Sin's Rebirth or another flask to remove ailments instead.
Last edited by jakejjake on Sep 23, 2020, 5:09:47 PM
"
jakejjake wrote:

We can agree that it just pads dps values in POB, but I'm saying that it might actually be lowering your dps in most cases. But I'm only using the Venom Gyre build for now and trying to maximize that cause I love the skill.

The current build you posted for venom gyre has a poison duration of 4 seconds. I'd say that's probably long enough as the flasks lowers your hits by 30% and increases the duration to about 5 secs.

I'm thinking it's just not worth it in almost every scenario (unless using a crit build for the passive points). You'd have to surpass the initial ramp time after using it (4secs) to actually increase your dps.

But yeah you're free to do as you wish, and I will too.
I'll probably use Sin's Rebirth or another flask to remove ailments instead.

It pads dps if duration is like 10s+. It depends on the content you are doing.
For trash mobs doesn't make difference anyway. Perfect Agony is not utilized but that's fine.
Also duration is important for Pestilent Strike explosions as they scale of the remaining chaos damage on the primary target.

Minotaur has 30 million life. You are going to hit it 5s+ for sure.

Kosis in t16+ 100% Delirious maps is no joke and has shitton of life, prob like 100 mill.

Sin's Rebirth does next to nothing for dps since it scales of phys damage. Smoke cloud you get from Witchfire's Brew flask.
PF is elemental ailment immune from ascendancy notable on any flask use.

Only other good flask for dps would be Bottled Faith and it gives consecrated ground, but it's expensive.
Leave claws for later. In the meantime upgrade following and farm fossils and resonators for claws.

Sort out

1. Amulet, you can anoint Tribal Fury to ditch Ancestral call and have full dps 6L
2. belt and resistances
3. boots
4. gloves
5. jewels + Watcher's eye
6. rings
7. claws
8. helmet

OR just craft claws first. Whatever you feel least tedious. :)
[/quote]

Cool will do! Question what skill should replace ancestral call? on the skill guide it says melee physical damage, but on the PoB of pestilence i see unbound ailments. also should i go straight anoint or do i replace current ammy with one with the chaos multiplier then anoint?
Last edited by adrenalburr on Sep 23, 2020, 7:32:55 PM
Oh master have i been forsaken? :P
Hi it's ya boi str stacking poisoner here comin at ya with a bit of a build update to show how stupid a build can get with a bit too much creativity: I've went into the deep end with memes and saw an item that could be used in str stacking builds: that's right people, I'm using this bad boy now!
(it's a bitch to color, those links are good enough now untill I feel like wasting another 800 chromes trying to get 3g1b)
Paired with this beast of an item!

Current pob dps for pestilent strike is over 6m vs Sirus with up-against-bosses-buffs (alt support gems don't get imported you need to manually put em back btw if someone tries to fact check my character), and that is without counting the shrine buffs, so even if this isn't the best way of doing things, it definitely feels viable with some fun twists! And the lesser massive shrine buff pushes me to over 6.2k hp too!
Rest of the gear in spoiler for those interested
Spoiler
also 2x inertia and str/accuracy split personality that propably isn't that worth tbh
I goddamn love chaos/poison builds. I had played with venom gyre before trying pestilent strike. but I have several questions about build and its mechanics. First question is about ''strike mechanic''..I see nothing different compared to any melee class and thinking about hunter gloves with additional strike neabry enemy prefix instead getting annoint on amulet ? Does it make sense if I get both ?

Second question is about defenses of our build. Playing as a melee and being armor based a bit sucks sometimes. Thats why we use molten shell I see with no cwdt. I found a trick that we can snapshot that with numpad trick. If I find myself in a situation that moltenshell is on cooldown and I faced with mobs I can vaal moltenshell there. but still I feel like Im weak. how about some block chance nods around ambidexteriy ?

Thank you exile for making such a great build..

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info