[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
Valencius81 wrote:
I have been contemplating trying out a Pestilent Strike Build for a while now but had not really done too much research till now, and while I have heard of your builds through various recommendations I also never really tried any of them so far.

Currently trying out Pestilent in an SSF setting to get the leveling feel, and so far it is really smooth. The need for constantly upgrading the weapons is the only issue I have but that is true for any melee build I guess.

I may have to flip a coin to decide between this and Bane.

Imho I must say probably one of the best guides I have seen, kudos to you good sir (216+ pages speak for themselves). I was a complete poison noob - the level of guidance and the detailed explanations are superb and really helped me personally in giving poison a chance. I especially like not having to respec or using a variety of different leveling gems.

Looking forward to (trying) more builds from you in future :)

Tyvm for the comment. :)

I hope you will have a good time in SSF.
Yo man.

I'm currently following your build after being away from POE for a while. I keep hopping on and off since beta and I keep getting surprised by the interesting builds people make. First of all. I really like this build. I'm really having fun just getting better pieces of the build over time. Really satisfying.

Levelling was a bit rough though, but that was just me not following the build to the letter. Sometimes you just want to try stuff out you know.

So then I bought the armor. Just a regular one. One socket I think. And I made it 4-L, because I'm poor. That was quite a relief, but it was still working hard to get maps done without dying.

Then I started getting all the support gems. Life was getting better already. Had to change a lot of sockets and links and when you run out... things are getting rough. A good night sleep helped a lot of course, so the next day I decided to try and go 5 linking it. But I only had 21 orbs. So.... I tried.

The last orb got me a 6-link. My first ever since beta. Super happy. Then I added all supports and then the clearing speed went up multitudes. Not even leveled the gems yet. Damn. Never expected it to be so powerful. Feels so good to play.

Anyway. I never really post stuff on the forums, but I just wanted to let you know I appreciate you sharing your build. POE has been pretty complicated for me, and you just made my gaming life easier and a whole lot more fun. Thanks for that.

Also. I bought a awakened support gem. Is that better than the normal ones? I don't see it being mentioned by you. Or maybe I didn't see.

Enough words. Thanks!
"
DaanK wrote:

Also. I bought a awakened support gem. Is that better than the normal ones? I don't see it being mentioned by you. Or maybe I didn't see.

Awakened Gems are pretty much straight up better than their normal counterparts. Same effect, just stronger, or with a little bit extra (like the DoT Multi on awakened Swift Affliction).
So yeah, it's not mentioned, but awakened gems are pretty much always good.
"
Corioliss wrote:
"
DaanK wrote:

Awakened Gems are pretty much straight up better than their normal counterparts. Same effect, just stronger, or with a little bit extra (like the DoT Multi on awakened Swift Affliction).
So yeah, it's not mentioned, but awakened gems are pretty much always good.

Daank tyvm for the feedback! Happy to hear you've hit your first 6L! :D

As Cori said Awakened gems are always better. I'll do detailed update on them for the 3.12 league.

Have fun in the end-game. :)
Hey my english is not so good hmm i have ever problems with ranger champs in Laby Izaro one shoot me ever or give me 99% hit and with duellis or marod i can facetank all und kill Izaro ez you have tipps for better way to go for ranger ?
"
Thesorrow10 wrote:
Hey my english is not so good hmm i have ever problems with ranger champs in Laby Izaro one shoot me ever or give me 99% hit and with duellis or marod i can facetank all und kill Izaro ez you have tipps for better way to go for ranger ?
You can swap to Viper Strike when you get to Izaro. As soon as he's attacktable pop flasks and molten shell, hit him 3-4 times, then dash away and run in circles while he dies to the poison. Nothing should be able to hit you if you do this.
Quick question (sorry if I missed it somewhere) - how important is the physical dps of the claw in the damage scaling?

It seems most claws mentioned here go for pure chaos mods, I would imagine getting a T1 phys in addition to the other desirable mods may be difficult in a non-Harvest world.
"
Valencius81 wrote:
Quick question (sorry if I missed it somewhere) - how important is the physical dps of the claw in the damage scaling?

It seems most claws mentioned here go for pure chaos mods, I would imagine getting a T1 phys in addition to the other desirable mods may be difficult in a non-Harvest world.

Phys mods are not important.

Build can work with pure phys t1 claws with poison mod but they are much harder to craft.
Just wondering one thing about possible chest pieces: Wouldn't Kintsugi be really good in the build? You would lose phase aggro and arctic armour but you would have a base with higher evasion, 20% less damge taken if not hit recently (very relevant in uber elder for example as it applies to dot too) or 50% inc evasion after being hit that also helps our defences? Also that would open one gem slot more due to not having arctic armour anymore and putting vaal haste or enduring cry to the old arctic armor slot would open up second wind support for molten shell and possibly enduring cry giving them an extra charge and more cdr speed!
I am confused as to if I am supposed to have the same cobra lash gems in both claws, or Viper strike in one and cobra in the other?
Before maps do I focus on one?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info