[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

For early act1 I've noticed you can get volley support from Ranger's Hillock if you decide to go back & it speeds up with cobra lash before you get GMP
I have play this build a lot, my actual stuff

Spoiler

PoB: https://pastebin.com/WFHpTLTu

Change tribal Fury for Swift venom, lost a bit in QoL but huge gain on DPS

A good build but in this league I have play a lot of poison build, don't ask me why, and i feel dat build is under most of them

Vs a assassin BV poison:

Less clear, slightly better bossing, real bosses like sirus elder etc ..

Vs CI toxic rain:

clear slower, less tanky, a bit better bossing espacilly on bosses who are moving a lot.

I tried to play full viper strike, lose a bit on clear so gems switch is still the better option

Infinite flask is a huge comfort

So good job was fun to play dat build
Thanks for really nice guide man, ill start this season with melee Pestilent/Viper strike and i have a question.

What its the order for support skill gems? 4L to 5L to finally 6L?
Pestilent Strike/Viper Strile - Deadly Ailments - Vile Toxins - Added Chaos damage - Multistrike - Melee Physical damage
Hi Torstein,

First of all, I would like to thank you for a very solid build with exceptionally well-written guide. This build is deleting every existing enemy in the game (except of HoGM) in a blink of an eye. I did all end-game carries, fully-delirious double-beyond maps, etc. I was using pestillent strike/viper strike for mapping/bossing and venom gyre for blighted maps.

Harvest was a nice league to experiment a little, so I slightly deviated from your guide to build more defensively. Here is what I crafted:
Spoiler

I went Divine Flesh route for effective 80/80/80/85 resists as the standard build has most problems with elemental damage. For phys mitigation I dropped arctic armour as I try not to be stationary at all times (IMHO guaranteed death in modern PoE). Instead, I went with hunter chest with phys taken as chaos and thread of hope for spell dodge. As I avoid to be stationary, I use regular molten shell on CWDT and Wind Dancer. I prefer vaal grace instead. The +1 curse and temporal chains also help quite a bit both defensively and offensively, but this is just a luxury. I also liked using ancestral protector + 2 wither totems instead of 3 wither totems with faster casting. Feels way smoother (at least to me) and I have learnt to apply initial wither by withering step.

Anyway, I ended up with ~15M SDPS with dual-wielding claws and over 6.5k life for pestillent strike (double for viper strike). The claw-shield version has ~11M SDPS, but even more defences. Overall, a great build. Many, many thanks!!!
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
Hi Torstein,

First of all, I would like to thank you for a very solid build with exceptionally well-written guide. This build is deleting every existing enemy in the game (except of HoGM) in a blink of an eye. I did all end-game carries, fully-delirious double-beyond maps, etc. I was using pestillent strike/viper strike for mapping/bossing and venom gyre for blighted maps.

Harvest was a nice league to experiment a little, so I slightly deviated from your guide to build more defensively. Here is what I crafted:
Spoiler

I went Divine Flesh route for effective 80/80/80/85 resists as the standard build has most problems with elemental damage. For phys mitigation I dropped arctic armour as I try not to be stationary at all times (IMHO guaranteed death in modern PoE). Instead, I went with hunter chest with phys taken as chaos and thread of hope for spell dodge. As I avoid to be stationary, I use regular molten shell on CWDT and Wind Dancer. I prefer vaal grace instead. The +1 curse and temporal chains also help quite a bit both defensively and offensively, but this is just a luxury. I also liked using ancestral protector + 2 wither totems instead of 3 wither totems with faster casting. Feels way smoother (at least to me) and I have learnt to apply initial wither by withering step.

Anyway, I ended up with ~15M SDPS with dual-wielding claws and over 6.5k life for pestillent strike (double for viper strike). The claw-shield version has ~11M SDPS, but even more defences. Overall, a great build. Many, many thanks!!!

Tyvm for the feedback! I'm atm at work but im looking forward to see what you've come up with. 😊
A small appendix. As the last craft, I finally fixed the ring:

Life gain on hit is T2 only, but still nice.
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
A small appendix. As the last craft, I finally fixed the ring:

Life gain on hit is T2 only, but still nice.

I've looked into your PoB. it's quite good but xD level of your gear won't be replicable anymore without stack of mirrors to invest.

What Harvest gave to the players will never be available again. They already ruined Standard league with it.
Your items are exceptional for the build. Getting such combinations of stats and tiers is ending with Harvest and builds everyone was able to jack to insanity will be over.

I would gladly incorporate some of your ideas but build in it's original state is already tight for the majority of player base. Ill try to experiment some more to shove in Divine Flesh but so far I had to sacrifice a lot and it wasn't worth it.

Just life gain on hit that you have with your gear is almost double from my gear, it's nuts. xD

Anyway, I appreciate very much your effort to give your twist to the build and being able to all kinds of insane content that game has.

Ty for posting and being part of community. :)

Cya in Heist!

"

I went Divine Flesh route for effective 80/80/80/85 resists as the standard build has most problems with elemental damage.

Interesting take.
What other mods did the jewel in the bottom area give you?
For example there's a node called "ritual of shadows", that gives "35% increased chaos damage" and "25% to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on hit". If you go for any timeless jewel in this build, you should look for a jewel with this node nearby.
I'll expand on this further down this post.

"
The +1 curse and temporal chains also help quite a bit both defensively and offensively, but this is just a luxury.
+1 curses is pretty cool in this build.
If you don't want to lose the perfect form, you can also get +1 curse enchant on your amulet (or a vaal implicit +1 curse amulet, lol). To compensate for the loss of tribal fury, you can use gloves with +1 targets hit by strike skills. This opens up the glove slot for more diversity as well.

Also you should definitely get "onslaught on hit" on the Circle of Nostalgia, best implicit you can get on there.

---------------

My variation of this build in Harvest league also revolved around divine flesh, which I wanted to try since someone did this in this thread last league.
Imho it is a bit safer than the soul tether + Corrupted Soul keystone variant, that I did last league.

I ticked almost all of my league goals:
- 6k+ life
- 10M DPS (without wither stacks/spider webs) // 19.9M DPS with 15 wither/3 spider => even with a mediocre chest corruption possible to get over 20M DPS
- 88% chaos resist (85% with divine flesh, another 3% with small chaos resist cluster and the "Born of Chaos" passive skill; could do another 1% max chaos with the "Cult of Chaos" notable, which I did have through my Glorious Vanity, but didn't want to spend another 3 points)
- Craft a perfect item (gloves, belt)
- Craft some really nice items, but not perfect (insane claws, ring, boots, helm, amulet)

Which items were missing for my build:
- vaal "corrupted blood can't be inflicted" jewel (only hit crap all league)
- +1 socketed gems on the perfect form ([double-]corrupted about 100 of them this league - +2 aoe/duration gems (not on the same one), reduced crit dmg, inc. dmg, 6 white sockets - but not +1 gems or +1 max. resists)
- watcher's eye with "Damaging Ailments you inflict deal Damage 15% faster while affected by Malevolence", couldn't afford one early on and later the prices were insane

I would have really liked to get my first lvl 100 with this build, but last league and this league I only made it to 99. Too many deaths to bullshit and not enough playtime on my end. Also I don't like chayula runs etc... so mapping only.

My items this league:

Too tired to link all the cluster jewels, but Harvest crafting was pretty insane for them.
For example 5% chaos res on 8/9 passive large jewel => 15% chaos res with all 3 notables taken.
Or +max life, 2x resists on a 3 passive small life cluster with fettle => mine had 16% chaos res, 18% fire res, +7 max life.

If you're looking for cluster jewel setups, you can look at my PoB.
I did incorporate the enduring charges + max. chaos res this league.

Glorious Vanity Xibaqua jewel => 4002
(linked from discord, please message me if the image is not working, can upload somewhere else)

Other Glorious Vanity jewels suitable for this build (Ritual of Shadows on Arcane Vision:
2 Ritual of Shadows
4 passive points for 2x Ritual of Shadows
5 passive points

(1 Ritual of Shadows):

Also note that the rolled notables/passives with the Timeless Jewels are the same, if you have the same number on it. Meaning a "Xibaqua 4002" has the same passives as a "Doryani 4002", apart from the keystone of course. Has to be in the same jewel socket in the tree as well.
I confirmed this by obtaining about 400 Doryani jewels last league (compiling the list you see above) and then using the list to get Xibaqua jewels this league with the same numbers. And to my surprise they all had the ritual of shadows node as well. I then got a 431 Xibaqua this league and it had the same rolls my 431 Doryani jewel has in standard.

@Torstein:
Loving this build, but after 2 leagues with it, I will finally move one to something else.
Glad I spent time playing this.
Great guide/build and also a lot of cool people in this thread :)
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2935368

"
Corroded Fossils and Prismatic Fossils now affect mods with both the Physical and Ailment or Chaos and Ailment tags rather than the Bleeding and Poison tags. The Bleeding and Poison tags are no longer used.

Can we Fossil craft weapons?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info