[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
day8ge wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2935368

"
Corroded Fossils and Prismatic Fossils now affect mods with both the Physical and Ailment or Chaos and Ailment tags rather than the Bleeding and Poison tags. The Bleeding and Poison tags are no longer used.

Can we Fossil craft weapons?

I am not an expert of fossil crafting, because I am going to play this build during Heist I am also a little concern about these craft changes. They are removing Bleed and Poison tag whatsoever, but the essence of corroded fossil is Bleed and Poison x10. So they might change the tag to ailment (with combined with block elemental, fire, cold, light means still bleeding and poison) or crafting bleed/poison dmg with fossil might gone.
ING: Leesaurk
Last edited by Leesaurk on Sep 15, 2020, 1:23:32 AM
"
Leesaurk wrote:
"
day8ge wrote:

"
Corroded Fossils and Prismatic Fossils now affect mods with both the Physical and Ailment or Chaos and Ailment tags rather than the Bleeding and Poison tags. The Bleeding and Poison tags are no longer used.

I am not an expert of fossil crafting, because I am going to play this build during Heist I am also a little concern about these craft changes. They are removing Bleed and Poison tag whatsoever, but the essence of corroded fossil is Bleed and Poison x10. So they might change the tag to ailment (with combined with block elemental, fire, cold, light means still bleeding and poison) or crafting bleed/poison dmg with fossil might gone.

Looking at the new mod tag list from GGG (linked in the manifesto for heist):
https://www.pathofexile.com/public/news/2020-09-15/mods.html

60% chance for Poisons inflicted with this Weapon to deal 100% more Damage - Tags: Damage, Chaos, Attack, Ailment

If any fossil still allows for more Chaos or Ailment mods, the fossil crafting for claws will still work.
Will be a lot harder than in Harvest, but that is true for almost all the gear crafting. Should be very comparable to the crafting before Harvest, which was a little more annoying, but the even the non-perfect attempts could be sold off (some with profit even).

So all in all, I wouldn't be worried too much.
Last edited by blastinMot on Sep 15, 2020, 2:02:25 AM
"

I've looked into your PoB. it's quite good but xD level of your gear won't be replicable anymore without stack of mirrors to invest.

What Harvest gave to the players will never be available again. They already ruined Standard league with it.
Your items are exceptional for the build. Getting such combinations of stats and tiers is ending with Harvest and builds everyone was able to jack to insanity will be over.

I would gladly incorporate some of your ideas but build in it's original state is already tight for the majority of player base. Ill try to experiment some more to shove in Divine Flesh but so far I had to sacrifice a lot and it wasn't worth it.

Just life gain on hit that you have with your gear is almost double from my gear, it's nuts. xD

Anyway, I appreciate very much your effort to give your twist to the build and being able to all kinds of insane content that game has.

Ty for posting and being part of community. :)

Cya in Heist!

I probably should have added one thing in my previous post: the build is incredibly cheap for what it can do. It may sound very strange given my gear, but getting to this level is not mandatory at all. I killed my first sirus with random scraps that costed me less than 1ex while still wielding wasp nests.

I was writing my remarks having in mind regular (not-broken) leagues. For the divine flesh you get around 70% chaos resist from the ring, and then you can have another 40% from Method to the Madness passive circle (I had it allocated for quite some time and there is a nice jewel spot too). So what you are missing to cap 85% is only 35%, which you can easily achieve via crafting bench. I have also not used cluster jewels as I did not feel I really need them, but you can have chaos resist there too.

For the chest, it should be pretty cheap too. I bought mine for 45c with T2 life, additional curse and chaos taken as phys. The seller said that it would be a great chest, but chaos taken as phys ruined it (it was the beginning of harvest, so noone knew it could be easily removed). So I imagine, in regular leagues the situation would be similar. Anyway, as I said, additional curse is just a luxury (but it helps tremendously). The temp chains gloves costed me only 3ex, as apparently all the TR/CA/SA folks are hunting for despair corruption ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Anyway, the regular build is still very good even without harvest. I am pretty confident it can tackle all the content as well. Thanks again for a great guide.

Have fun in Heist!
DI ignite inquisitor: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3080303/
(retired) MoMMeme hiero: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2487766
"
blastinMot wrote:
"

I went Divine Flesh route for effective 80/80/80/85 resists as the standard build has most problems with elemental damage.

Interesting take.
What other mods did the jewel in the bottom area give you?

Nothing special: attack speed and lightning resist. I tested like 10 of them, and then gave up looking for better mods. I was looking more into defensive stats than offensive, as I felt I already have too much deeps (I think I already had some decent claws).

"
blastinMot wrote:

For example there's a node called "ritual of shadows", that gives "35% increased chaos damage" and "25% to inflict Withered for 2 seconds on hit". If you go for any timeless jewel in this build, you should look for a jewel with this node nearby.

I will check now all my timeless jewels from legion times and try to compile a mod list for the Point Blank location.

"
blastinMot wrote:

"
The +1 curse and temporal chains also help quite a bit both defensively and offensively, but this is just a luxury.
+1 curses is pretty cool in this build.
If you don't want to lose the perfect form, you can also get +1 curse enchant on your amulet (or a vaal implicit +1 curse amulet, lol). To compensate for the loss of tribal fury, you can use gloves with +1 targets hit by strike skills. This opens up the glove slot for more diversity as well.

I did some maths here, and having perfect rare gloves (+1 targets, chaos multi, attack speed, damage while leeching) and swift venoms annointed on the amulet will give me actually 5.3% dps decrease. So if you have +1 curse, the temp chains Fenumus' Weave is the way to go (which is good as they are extremely cheap :D).

EDIT: However, rare gloves and swift venoms will feel better offensively as the poison will kill faster, so temp chains are mostly for the defense and uber bosses.

"
blastinMot wrote:

Also you should definitely get "onslaught on hit" on the Circle of Nostalgia, best implicit you can get on there.

Yes, but the 50ex for a ring is just too much... I put these 50ex into crafting stuff for my other builds in standard :) Actually, the same thing for the rest of my PS gear. I just felt, I do not need any upgrade besides maybe even more tankiness. The most I spent was to craft the shield, which I mainly did for the memes as my last craft. The rest are simple 3-5ex crafts.

"
blastinMot wrote:

My variation of this build in Harvest league also revolved around divine flesh, which I wanted to try since someone did this in this thread last league.
Imho it is a bit safer than the soul tether + Corrupted Soul keystone variant, that I did last league.

Your gear is insane! This is like a copy from a PoB to PoE. Congratulations!!! I know how hard is to craft some of these things (claws for instance), and I can only congratulate you for resilience and knowledge in crafting.

"
blastinMot wrote:

I would have really liked to get my first lvl 100 with this build, but last league and this league I only made it to 99. Too many deaths to bullshit and not enough playtime on my end. Also I don't like chayula runs etc... so mapping only.

Same here. The build is totally capable of going to 100 just by mapping, but carefully rolling the maps kills the fun. And I should put a reminder to myself - do not do uber elder on high levels.

Have fun in Heist!

Last edited by sprawdzampoczte on Sep 15, 2020, 4:35:25 AM
"
Leesaurk wrote:
"
day8ge wrote:

"

It's definitely going to be possible. Only thing that gives concern is mod weight and how easy/hard will it be to hit it.
We'll see.
"

I probably should have added one thing in my previous post: the build is incredibly cheap for what it can do. It may sound very strange given my gear, but getting to this level is not mandatory at all. I killed my first sirus with random scraps that costed me less than 1ex while still wielding wasp nests.

I was writing my remarks having in mind regular (not-broken) leagues. For the divine flesh you get around 70% chaos resist from the ring, and then you can have another 40% from Method to the Madness passive circle (I had it allocated for quite some time and there is a nice jewel spot too). So what you are missing to cap 85% is only 35%, which you can easily achieve via crafting bench. I have also not used cluster jewels as I did not feel I really need them, but you can have chaos resist there too.

For the chest, it should be pretty cheap too. I bought mine for 45c with T2 life, additional curse and chaos taken as phys. The seller said that it would be a great chest, but chaos taken as phys ruined it (it was the beginning of harvest, so noone knew it could be easily removed). So I imagine, in regular leagues the situation would be similar. Anyway, as I said, additional curse is just a luxury (but it helps tremendously). The temp chains gloves costed me only 3ex, as apparently all the TR/CA/SA folks are hunting for despair corruption ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

Anyway, the regular build is still very good even without harvest. I am pretty confident it can tackle all the content as well. Thanks again for a great guide.

Have fun in Heist!

Prices oscillate tremendously from league to league depending on meta and drop rates. Fenumus Weave gloves were like 3ex (stock ones) after Blight.

Zodiac Leather chest with 130+ life, 2x t1/2 res and free prefix was 2-3ex unlinked before Harvest.

In general for what it does build is not expensive. It's viable for A8 with just Wasp's Nest claws.

UE is a joke if you know the fight.
Pretty much only thing I had struggle to do deathless are T16+ 100% Delirious maps but I've managed to complete even T19.

We'll see.
I've already prepared one update of the build. It has max attack block and high spell dodge combo (without Vaal Grace). It's also free of totems to inflict Wither.
My main struggle is to raise life to 6K (although this version tanks A8 Sirus double hyper barrage even without Molten Shell and with 5.1k life).

I'll have to look into that passive node for Chaos res, somehow i missed it.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Sep 15, 2020, 5:39:46 AM
"
Agreed. The fight does take a bit longer with cheaper gear, but for Sirus its not a real problem.
Uber Elder on the other hand the arena will be filled with ground effect, which will make it much harder with cheap gear.

"
For regular leagues the +3 max chaos small cluster jewel makes even more sense. Can use a 2 or 3 passive, to suite the amount of extra chaos res you need.
Also with the nerf to divine flesh, the +3 max chaos res is pretty neat.

"
For the chest, it should be pretty cheap too. I bought mine for 45c with T2 life, additional curse and chaos taken as phys. The seller said that it would be a great chest, but chaos taken as phys ruined it (it was the beginning of harvest, so noone knew it could be easily removed). So I imagine, in regular leagues the situation would be similar.
In regular leagues the +1 curse chests with good mods on the other affixes weren't really cheap. So not sure how this will hold up in the future.

"
Have fun in Heist!
You too :)

"

I will check now all my timeless jewels from legion times and try to compile a mod list for the Point Blank location.
These jewels are pretty annoying, even if you're just looking for the Ritual of Shadows. I wouldn't bother with it in standard to be honest.

"
blastinMot wrote:

I did some maths here, and having perfect rare gloves (+1 targets, chaos multi, attack speed, damage while leeching) and swift venoms annointed on the amulet will give me actually 5.3% dps decrease. So if you have +1 curse, the temp chains Fenumus' Weave is the way to go (which is good as they are extremely cheap :D).
The perfect rare gloves also have culling strike on it ;)
But in a regular league, +1 strike/chaos dot/some life is already pretty hard to come by.

"
blastinMot wrote:
Yes, but the 50ex for a ring is just too much... I put these 50ex into crafting stuff for my other builds in standard :)
Huh? Onslaught on Hit on Circle of Nostalgia should be somewhere around the 2ex range in week 1 or 2. If you're lucky you could even get something else good on it.
My life one cost about 8ex pretty early in the league (blew all my currency on it, to have 1 less slot to care about for the rest of the league).

"
blastinMot wrote:
Your gear is insane! This is like a copy from a PoB to PoE. Congratulations!!! I know how hard is to craft some of these things (claws for instance), and I can only congratulate you for resilience and knowledge in crafting.
Thanks. Although I bought the claws with the damage over time multi on it already. So only needed to spend a few ex on remove/add chaos and recrafting the attack speed.
"
"
day8ge wrote:

"

It's definitely going to be possible. Only thing that gives concern is mod weight and how easy/hard will it be to hit it.
We'll see.

After writing, I noticed a new list.
(It's like a small letter on an insurance policy)
So I checked for the new 3 mods tags I needed.
And I was convinced that the fossil craft would work.
The name of the tag just changed.

I think it will be a little more difficult craft than harvest, but I want to enjoy it.

Thanks for all replies
Hey can i play this build with Swords to ? or is claw the best in slot ? i hate Wirling blades and love Leap Slam ^^.
"
blastinMot wrote:
Onslaught on Hit on Circle of Nostalgia should be somewhere around the 2ex range in week 1 or 2. If you're lucky you could even get something else good on it.
My life one cost about 8ex pretty early in the league (blew all my currency on it, to have 1 less slot to care about for the rest of the league)

Thanks for pointing this out! I probably checked the onslaught ring too late, and the prices were already 50ex+, so I did not bother. After your post, I just bought this one for 50c in standard:

Now hunting for the timeless jewels...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info