[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

Is there a step by step guide somewhere to craft one of those +1 to Chaos/Dex skill gems amulet? I want a bit more DPS to be able to do 100% Delirium maps and I think I'm at a point now that it would be my next reasonable upgrade and I don't want to screw it up.
"
ButtButt27 wrote:
Is there a step by step guide somewhere to craft one of those +1 to Chaos/Dex skill gems amulet?

alt spam an ilvl 82 hunter influence amulet until you get +1 to dex gems and then use harvest craft to add the +1 to chaos gems mod (50% chance for the prefix slot).
Blind works with Iron Reflexes doesn't it? Been playing with the Silent Steps wheel that gives 15% chance to blind on it and it seems to be pretty nice.

oops just realized smoke cloud blinds
Last edited by daason on Jul 21, 2020, 2:11:47 PM
"
arzate03 wrote:
"
ButtButt27 wrote:
Is there a step by step guide somewhere to craft one of those +1 to Chaos/Dex skill gems amulet?

alt spam an ilvl 82 hunter influence amulet until you get +1 to dex gems and then use harvest craft to add the +1 to chaos gems mod (50% chance for the prefix slot).

Thanks! Do we only want +1 to Dex gems or can +1 to Int gems work as well?
"
Caramellus wrote:
1) How do we refill our mana? Since our mana reserved I always need to use mana potions which make my farming slow
You need manaleech either soul raker, essence sap (or just 1 point before it) or the 1 point opposite of vaal pact that you can unspec later. There's also a cluster node "fuel the fight" or glove mod for manaleech that could work as a placeholder.

"
Caramellus wrote:
2)Don't we need freeze immunity? They look like huge threat.
You get it from master alchemist ascendancy, until then you can use a flask.

"
daason wrote:
Blind works with Iron Reflexes doesn't it?
Yeah, the only think that disables blind is unwavering stance i.e. Kaom's roots and similar effects.

"
ButtButt27 wrote:
Thanks! Do we only want +1 to Dex gems or can +1 to Int gems work as well?
Pretty sure if the skill has green gem, you need dex skill mod, if the skill gem is blue, you need int gem mod.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
Caramellus wrote:
1) How do we refill our mana? Since our mana reserved I always need to use mana potions which make my farming slow
You need manaleech either soul raker, essence sap (or just 1 point before it) or the 1 point opposite of vaal pact that you can unspec later. There's also a cluster node "fuel the fight" or glove mod for manaleech that could work as a placeholder.

To add a bit of further detail to Vik's answer, for those of us who like to get really micro-manage-y...

If you're running Malevolence (50% mana reservation), Herald of Agony (25% mana reservation) and Aspect of the Spider (25% mana reservation), then you must run Enlighten support.

However at level 3 this only leaves you 6% mana free, which'll probably only be 40-50 mana available, while your main ability is going to cost somewhere in the region of 13-30 mana. Viper Strike starts at 5 mana & without the 140% cost melee supports only gets up to about 13; Cobra Lash & Venom Gyre start at 7 and, if you use Greater Multiple Projectiles @ 165% cost, will get up to 30 mana per cast.

The solution(s) are some mix of "Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost" (rings/amulet) and Gemini claws. Elreon veiled items teach you the former, and the later is the highest DPS claw that has a mana-on-hit implicit.

Two crafts of -9 to mana costs will get Viper Strike down to zero cost, or Cobra-Lash/Venom-Gyre down to 12 at most (and then you use a Gemini claw in your off hand which'll give you +14 mana for every enemy you hit). If you use three -9 mana prefix crats you could stick to two (higher dps) Imperial Claws, but that immediately blocks you using items like a double +gem level & life amulet.

It's worth noting that the FastCast+MultiTotem Wither totem will cost you 25 mana each time you cast it (or 29 if you use Increased Duration instead of Faster Casting), so you'll want to avoid excessive totem recasts.

And it's a good idea to link Whirling Blades (and/or Dash) to Blood Magic so that lack of mana never gets in the way of your manual dodging.

Or else just don't run one of the three auras & keep using a mana flask =)
Last edited by Lakh on Jul 22, 2020, 1:36:51 AM
"
Lakh wrote:

To add a bit of further detail to Vik's answer, for those of us who like to get really micro-manage-y...

If you're running Malevolence (50% mana reservation), Herald of Agony (25% mana reservation) and Aspect of the Spider (25% mana reservation), then you must run Enlighten support.

However at level 3 this only leaves you 6% mana free, which'll probably only be 40-50 mana available, while your main ability is going to cost somewhere in the region of 13-30 mana. Viper Strike starts at 5 mana & without the 140% cost melee supports only gets up to about 13; Cobra Lash & Venom Gyre start at 7 and, if you use Greater Multiple Projectiles @ 165% cost, will get up to 30 mana per cast.

The solution(s) are some mix of "Non-Channelling Skills have -# to Total Mana Cost" (rings/amulet) and Gemini claws. Elreon veiled items teach you the former, and the later is the highest DPS claw that has a mana-on-hit implicit.

Two crafts of -9 to mana costs will get Viper Strike down to zero cost, or Cobra-Lash/Venom-Gyre down to 12 at most (and then you use a Gemini claw in your off hand which'll give you +14 mana for every enemy you hit). If you use three -9 mana prefix crats you could stick to two (higher dps) Imperial Claws, but that immediately blocks you using items like a double +gem level & life amulet.

It's worth noting that the FastCast+MultiTotem Wither totem will cost you 25 mana each time you cast it (or 29 if you use Increased Duration instead of Faster Casting), so you'll want to avoid excessive totem recasts.

And it's a good idea to link Whirling Blades (and/or Dash) to Blood Magic so that lack of mana never gets in the way of your manual dodging.

Or else just don't run one of the three auras & keep using a mana flask =)

1x -9 mana cost
1x Enlighten lvl 3
for Malevolance + Spider Aspect + Herald of Agony

1x -9 mana cost
1x Enlighten lvl 4
Malevolance + Spider Aspect + Herald of Agony + Culling Strike support

I never used mana flask.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Jul 22, 2020, 6:25:53 AM
Great build! I made a few changes to better suit my playstyle.

https://pastebin.com/pKAAXQW0

I based this off of the block variant that someone posted a couple pages earlier. With flasks up, we get 70%+ attack block and a little bit of spell block.

A couple notable changes from that though:

1) The new Tempest belt is actually insane. 80% uptime for 20% MORE damage. It's incredibly OP and 7.5 exalted is nothing. The downside is you will have to either get your resists from jewels or craft resists like crazy on your items.

2) I'm using elusive boots instead of Kaom's Roots. 3% evasion chance is nice and the life hit is far worth for elusive/MS, even if we are just whirling blades everywhere.

3) I dropped Witchfire and got a ring with Level 5 despair. I know this is an expensive upgrade so witchfire is fine for the majority of people. But if you can fit, it works great. To facilitate the missing blind, I took the Blind wheel in the southern part of the build. This is not necessary if you are using Witchfire and can be better spent elsewhere (Namely, Claws of the Pride would be a good choice)

I need to get life on my ring but I'm at 4.4k life, 80% phys reduction w/ flasks (without vaal molten shell!), 70%+ attack block, and I blind typically within a second of hitting the enemy. I'm pushing about 8.5M Sirus DPS all buffs included. My only upgrade that I can forsee right now besides gem leveling/quality is getting life on my despair ring and getting proper enchants.

I've soloed T19 100% Delirious Burial Chamber maps a few times with only a few deaths so the survivability of this build is far more insane than "just" 4.4k life.

Feel free to make suggestions or ask any questions.
Last edited by Torean1 on Jul 22, 2020, 10:03:31 AM
"
Torean1 wrote:

I based this off of the block variant that someone posted a couple pages earlier. With flasks up, we get 70%+ attack block and a little bit of spell block.

1) The new Tempest belt is actually insane. 80% uptime for 20% MORE damage. It's incredibly OP and 7.5 exalted is nothing. The downside is you will have to either get your resists from jewels or craft resists like crazy on your items.

2) I'm using elusive boots instead of Kaom's Roots. 3% evasion chance is nice and the life hit is far worth for elusive/MS, even if we are just whirling blades everywhere.

3) I dropped Witchfire and got a ring with Level 5 despair. I know this is an expensive upgrade so witchfire is fine for the majority of people. But if you can fit, it works great. To facilitate the missing blind, I took the Blind wheel in the southern part of the build. This is not necessary if you are using Witchfire and can be better spent elsewhere (Namely, Claws of the Pride would be a good choice)

I need to get life on my ring but I'm at 4.4k life, 80% phys reduction w/ flasks (without vaal molten shell!), 70%+ attack block, and I blind typically within a second of hitting the enemy. I'm pushing about 8.5M Sirus DPS all buffs included. My only upgrade that I can forsee right now besides gem leveling/quality is getting life on my despair ring and getting proper enchants.

I've soloed T19 100% Delirious Burial Chamber maps a few times with only a few deaths so the survivability of this build is far more insane than "just" 4.4k life.

It was me that posted block variant. Overall i think it offers better defense while keeping decent damage.

Looks great. I'm just not sure how often your Elusive is up.

Personally I would go with this passive tree and different anoint
https://pastebin.com/sV7y8xXJ

You can cap resistances with Prismatic catalyst on ring and get more life with Fertile from amulet (maybe divine little boots). Abrasive for belt.
Damage will be compensated with leveled awakened gems and quality on Vile Toxins.
You can cap attack block with perfect Rumi's.

I'm glad that you managed to farm t19's. I've completed it only once of many tries.
"
"
Torean1 wrote:

It was me that posted block variant. Overall i think it offers better defense while keeping decent damage.

Looks great. I'm just not sure how often your Elusive is up.

Personally I would go with this passive tree and different anoint
https://pastebin.com/sV7y8xXJ

You can cap resistances with Prismatic catalyst on ring and get more life with Fertile from amulet (maybe divine little boots). Abrasive for belt.
Damage will be compensated with leveled awakened gems and quality on Vile Toxins.
You can cap attack block with perfect Rumi's.

I'm glad that you managed to farm t19's. I've completed it only once of many tries.

Good call on the prismatic catalysts.

More life is always a good call, my worry is that I will no longer have blind because the smoke cloud from the Witchfire Brew no longer blinds enemies near me.

It looks like Elemental Nodes near the top of the tree were still allocated. I took them out earlier but they may have added to your passive tree that you posted. If that's the case, I would remove the three elemental nodes and either work towards Dazzling Strikes again or Claws of the pride. Either one should be a decent DPS boost.

Thanks for the advice!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info