[3.21] 🌿Ultimate Claw Poison Pathfinder - Untouchable Viper - Molten Strike update by FEL

"
"
eljotz95 wrote:
Best way to increase damage? I dont think i can get much better claws then i actually own.

gloves, crafted helmet, gem levels...

You missed most important ST dps boost, Wither Totems!!!

Oooh, you are totally right, i thought my gems are at least 20 >:)
I have totems in my setup, just cant get to use them.

Overall, im having hella good time with the build. It does what its supposed too, i think thats gonna be my go to for the league launches from now on.
Im in love with flask def mechanics.
Anyone has experiences with this builds especially the Cobra Lash or Venom Gyre variants in Hardcore? Do you think it is viable for HC? Are there recommended changes?
Last edited by Noisette on Dec 22, 2019, 1:46:38 AM
Just want to drop by and thank you for a great guide. It is a very fun and satisfying build to play. I had a very thorny decision choosing between Venom Gyre and Pestilent Strike and I had swtich twice already... (VG -> PS -> VG).

Play style wise, I know I'm not much of a melee player, so VG kinda make it more comfortable. Does the potential damage from PS greatly out-damage VG for this league, or am I ok to stick to VG?

Thanks again for the build!
"
Noisette wrote:
Anyone has experiences with this builds especially the Cobra Lash or Venom Gyre variants in Hardcore? Do you think it is viable for HC? Are there recommended changes?

It could be viable, but it will depend mostly on items you how actively can you play a char.
It's not a build where you have 2k life regen like jugg and such.

I would change some items.
Would craft helmet for max life and res without -9% chaos. This would give flexibility with other items to get Chaos res up at least to 0.

For skill id prob go with Cobra lash because of the best clear and easiest playstyle.

"
HeliumHe wrote:
Just want to drop by and thank you for a great guide. It is a very fun and satisfying build to play. I had a very thorny decision choosing between Venom Gyre and Pestilent Strike and I had swtich twice already... (VG -> PS -> VG).

Play style wise, I know I'm not much of a melee player, so VG kinda make it more comfortable. Does the potential damage from PS greatly out-damage VG for this league, or am I ok to stick to VG?

Thanks again for the build!

I'm glad you like it :)

The thing is, damage of the VG is little lower than PS, but here is the thing.
VG projectile deals damage twice, when outgoing and on return. So it will have to hit two times with same proj for the same damage as PS. But as it travels there is a delay on returning hit.
You can exploit this by spawning Morphs next to a wall. That way returning proj will go back instantly by bouncing of the wall.
I did everything with both skills.
You can always switch back later to melee if you feel you need more dps.
Last edited by TorsteinTheFallen on Dec 22, 2019, 6:38:21 AM
Thanks for your reply! I will stick with VG for now as I am more comfortable shooting than getting in up close and personal! :P

Not sure if you have answered this elsewhere, but if I were to move from 6-link rare to 5-link Perfect form, would that be better or worse over all? If so, should I drop add chaos damage gem for that according to your order of importance?
"
HeliumHe wrote:
Thanks for your reply! I will stick with VG for now as I am more comfortable shooting than getting in up close and personal! :P

Not sure if you have answered this elsewhere, but if I were to move from 6-link rare to 5-link Perfect form, would that be better or worse over all? If so, should I drop add chaos damage gem for that according to your order of importance?

Push with this setup until you feel you are either not having enough defense or dps.

Try to fossil craft imperial claw with added chaos and chance for 100% more damage in the meantime.

So sort out claws first then go for the Form.
5L is considerably less dps than 6L. If you can switch to the high evasion based one until you get currency or 6L link Perfect Form.

So stick to the rare 6L, and if you really want to drop to 5L take out Unbound Ailments.
"

Push with this setup until you feel you are either not having enough defense or dps.

Try to fossil craft imperial claw with added chaos and chance for 100% more damage in the meantime.

So sort out claws first then go for the Form.
5L is considerably less dps than 6L. If you can switch to the high evasion based one until you get currency or 6L link Perfect Form.

So stick to the rare 6L, and if you really want to drop to 5L take out Unbound Ailments.

Thanks! I will see to how it goes. Guess after these map running I should gather some fossils for that then. Will update you later!
I wanted to ask regarding the amulet. The guide says to get as much phys dps as possible, should I look overall for phys dps or for poison damage, which one will scale better?
"
ArkamHatchet wrote:
I wanted to ask regarding the amulet. The guide says to get as much phys dps as possible, should I look overall for phys dps or for poison damage, which one will scale better?

Get pretty much any amulet with phys damage/chaos damage, res... difference is not big.

I'm looking into crafting new amulet. Will be updated soon.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info