The Salvage Box has been Scrapped

"
鬼殺し wrote:
Now I am surprised.
I(everyone) expects a 6 page analysis of what just happened here.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Thats actually good move by GGG. I wish GGG will rework concept of that box and bring it back at some point. Maybe in form of 1 time purchase function, or way cheaper than it was. Or even as 1 to 1 mtx (same type same rarity, but different set(put wings in -> get wings from random set) exchange "box".
Box bad!
Dear GGG, the idea was not good, honestly, but thank you very much for listening to your community.
Just make it free.
Wait.. Wtf happened? ;o
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
"
girng wrote:
"

Some players have genuine self-control issues regarding gambling and this particular transaction would have essentially charged them again for the compulsive purchases that led them to have hordes of duplicates,

I really don't understand posts like this. Why are you so worried about how other people spend their money?

Maybe GGG should just scrap the MTX shop and make the game subscription based, right? /s

I just hate seeing people get taken advantage of.

It's one thing to sell a loot box to someone with the mutual understanding that they might feel suckered after the purchase.

It's another thing to sell another loot box to someone you already suckered with the hope of a mulligan that may end up suckering them again.

That's just a bridge too far for me.

But people were requesting for this kind of salvage box. They were more than happy to pay to take a chance. Only problem is that they continued to get duplicates. If that is what your "taken advantage of" part is, then I guess I agree with you there.
"Path of Exile's engine is currently modern, lean and fast." - Chris Wilson, September 19th, 2019

"It looks like we broke something with 3.10.0. We don't know what it is yet." - Bex, March 16th, 2020
Last edited by girng on Sep 11, 2019, 3:32:11 AM
keep doin worse things man :/
nevermind. i seen that it required me to pay to take stuff i already paid for, to give me back an item i probably already have. that is the most stupid thing i have ever heard of. money hungry move right there.
Last edited by oneeye513 on Sep 11, 2019, 4:01:31 AM
Lol, taken down because of complaints by people who do NOT have to buy them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info