[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

Just want to say thanks for the build, it has been great following this as a relative newbie.

At the moment I'm using a 5-link chest with VG, pierce, GMP, volley and fork. Whilst I'm still leveling and the packs are easy this seems to work well, bosses are little slower but I haven't died to one yet so it seems safe enough. Once I start picking up the ice damage nodes, which should be over the next few levels I'll probably switch to a more exact version of your build.

I was considering picking up the projectile damage and pierce nodes, but I notice from one of your previous comments this impacts how effective Fork is. I believe you can anoint the piercing shots passive on a neck, is this something worth considering so you can swap it out as an when its most effective?
Some advice to sustain mana at early game?

With tabula rasa I spend a lot of mana and is beeing a real problem.
@belshster

I wouldn't recommend anointing it as Ambidexterity is by far the best passive we can anoint. If you do like Pierce don't be afraid to pick up those three points though, a lot of people have enjoyed that more. In terms of Clear Speed and Boss DPS I found they were both about the same, so choose whatever you feel is better.

@Chronos6969

Just take out one of the gems in the Tabula Rasa so that you aren't using as much Mana. Or you could get a Praxis ring to help level, as it will reduce the Mana cost of the skill considerably.
definitely too less life for endgame!
its a good try for a build - fun until t10 maps, above its a torture.

defensive setup in POE has some basic rules:

acrobatic = 5.2k+ life
armour = 6k+ life

how will you manage this without loosing too much dps?

played strictly this build to lvl90 and respecced to a more viable build.
@Nightwish2k1

I knew what I was getting myself into. The low life risky play style is something I personally enjoy. It does suck if you are getting dumpstered constantly, which for me was only really the case when doing hard Tier 15 bosses and Guardians. With uncapped resistances (like 40% Fire res, 60% Cold and Lightning) I cleared through every Red Map corrupted and didn't have too many problems apart from the rare rip. I imagine if you sort your resistances out this wouldn't really be a problem.

I've even uploaded a Video showcasing a Tier 12 Shaped Underground Sea with -10% Player Res, Abyss, Beyond, Blight, Legion and even an Essence (although they aren't really anything too wild), where I still was able to stomp the map and not die. I get that it is a much risker play, however running Red Maps should really be no issue. Even with the Shocked ground leaving us vulnerable to a 50% increase in damage taken we survive purely because Elusive is insane. I find dying really only happens when confronting big boys like Uber Elder etc (and even then, I'm just mechanically bad).

Glad you played the build to Level 90 though and hopefully you enjoyed it until there. I get that the Standard 6k+ Life is a rule a lot of people follow, I just don't care much for it. I will make a Boss Killer with far better Life soon though, this was a good League Starter.
Last edited by AziiRe on Sep 13, 2019, 11:30:14 PM
"
Nightwish2k1 wrote:

acrobatic = 5.2k+ life
armour = 6k+ life

What's the rule for Elusive?
You realize we never get hit right?
This build is extremely tanky.
It kinda lacks DPS thought, that's the problem I'm getting back into at t15 maps. Still need a 6-link though.
Been thinking about replacing Hrimsorrow, anyone got any thoughts on that?

Edit: Just found a 23 qual Proj weakness. Noticed that it has piercing built in, and what does ass mark really give us? Getting 100% crit shouldn't be a goal in itself, it really falls off once you get 80%+ crit. So equipping proj weakness as curse on hit let me spec out of pierce on the tree. That means even more damage. Will have to try this out for a bit though, but packs still seem to explode easily enough.
Last edited by tehdonno on Sep 14, 2019, 6:03:04 AM
"
Nightwish2k1 wrote:

acrobatic = 5.2k+ life
armour = 6k+ life

Have killed t14 Elder and Shaper
Going to kill Uber Elder next
3200hp

EDIT: Uber Elder failed :/
Last edited by Kinsl on Sep 14, 2019, 2:41:16 PM
What did you do for the ascendancy with 3.8 releasing an elusive branch to the assassin class? should I drop one of my nodes for the extra elusive?
"These are the gem =)"
-Bex
Watching the T12 map clear, the dps on unique/rare is quite slow.
"
GoldPush wrote:
Watching the T12 map clear, the dps on unique/rare is quite slow.

Try to get pierce at tree and swap fork gem for added cold
Clearing is so good even at t16, bosses aren't problem too
Can do a video later

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info