[3.9] Aziire's Venom Gyre Assassin - Dodge & Freeze Everything!

@oestergreen

Tooltip dps for the most part is a bait. It is good to use as a rough guideline but there are heaps of things in the game that will give you huge juice damage without improving tooltip. With Hypothermia we gain 'More' Damage against Chilled enemies, which is insane. It also gives us more chance of freezing etc which all helps the feel of the skill alot. If you have the colours definitely go Hypothermia as a 5th Link, otherwise it's no stress and go Elemental Damage with Attacks.

@Tokajero

Your claws are more counter intuitive then you might think. The Phys to Chaos on the Mortem Morsu is taking away from our cold damage, which is a large portion of our damage. On top of that the Critical Strikes do not always Freeze on Touch of Anguish is really rough. We have such a huge Crit Chance that we can be comfortable with almost 100% Freeze, Touch of Anguish removes this though. Going for some nice Rare Claws will help you heaps, even at 250pdps you can get really solid numbers.

Another tip is that you should get Ancestral Protector setup. I got him setup as I entered Red Maps and he is a beast for Single Target damage. At Level 20 you get 20% 'More' Attack Speed by having him down, meaning you will tear through the boss much quicker.

Lastly upgrade your Amulet. Use the search I have in the guide, and sort by Sum. You will be able to find much nicer Amulets then the one you have. Add in whatever you need to the search so you don't struggle though, whether it's Lightning Resistance or whatever. Thanks for following the build, means a lot to me :) If you need any help with the search filter check out the end of my first Video on Youtube, I walk through the steps of how to use it properly.
Hi AziiRe,

Really like your build, used it as league starter and I'm breezing though yellow maps now (my claws are similar dps as yours).
Compliments to your POB setup and the guide!
some questions:
-I'm hesitant todo reflect maps as my crits aren't 100% yet (still need todo 4th lab). How can I get crit chance at 100%
-Just did yellow elder, used 3 maps and final portal on the third did the job. Why am I breezing though maps and have so much difficulty with the elder? (I realize you mentioned you don't have much experience either.
-What to focus on for endgame, is a 6L or the Daresso's more important?
@Steentje69

Hey glad to hear you are liking the build. It's fine to still be hesitant, I still ignore Elemental Reflect maps because I'm paranoid. Obviously remember if you have Hrimsorrow then we won't be doing any Physical Damage, so those are all good to run. I've had quite a few red maps brick because No Leech mods are impossible, and I'm a beta and not gonna run Ele Reflect maps. Getting Crit Chance on Claws would solve this but they get mad expensive.

I've literally never done an Elder. Never done any of the low level ones either. I'm usually way too lazy to drag him through all the maps (Even though I have 135 Atlas Bonus). Make sure you got Ancestral Protector Setup, even just having him down gives 20% More Attack Speed. I've found some beefy modded T15 bosses awkward to do, that comes with having meh gear.

For endgame make sure you have Resistances capped, I'm learning the hard way (50% resistance average) and getting clapped in T15s every now and then. I think a 5L Daresso's is better than a 6L. The Endurance Charges and Onslaught Effect is insane, as well as more Dodge Chance (which puts us at cap). The Pandemonious is our chase item, this thing will boost your ability to survive by a lot.

5 Link Daresso's > 300pdps Claws > Pandemonious > 6 Link Daresso's > 350+pdps

I've hit Level 91 and am satisfied, will be doing a final wrap up video today. Practically full cleared Atlas aside from Tier 16s and Unique maps. If I didn't make Build Guides / Videos then I would play him a lot longer, however trying to grow my stuff a bit so looking to get Build Guides/ Videos out quickly. It was actually the dream League Starter. Helpd me prepare and future proof for the characters to come.
"
AziiRe wrote:

Is it not worth it to spend merely 3 points to get the node "Piercing Shots" ?
So that farming and specially the tower events are much more smooth?
@oestergreen

It's more of a personal preference thing. I don't personally like how the Piercing Shots feels, and on top of that if you have Piercing Shots then our Fork won't be as effective unless the pack is huge. If you feel it runs smoother with it then definitely go for it, cater the build to how it feels for you.
"
oestergreen wrote:
"
AziiRe wrote:

Is it not worth it to spend merely 3 points to get the node "Piercing Shots" ?
So that farming and specially the tower events are much more smooth?

I'm playing venom gyre, not really following this speicifc build but I'll you this. Piercing shots and using Chain in the links makes the clear feel amazing and has almost no noticeable impact to single target
"
Your claws are more counter intuitive then you might think. The Phys to Chaos on the Mortem Morsu is taking away from our cold damage, which is a large portion of our damage. On top of that the Critical Strikes do not always Freeze on Touch of Anguish is really rough. We have such a huge Crit Chance that we can be comfortable with almost 100% Freeze, Touch of Anguish removes this though. Going for some nice Rare Claws will help you heaps, even at 250pdps you can get really solid numbers.

Another tip is that you should get Ancestral Protector setup. I got him setup as I entered Red Maps and he is a beast for Single Target damage. At Level 20 you get 20% 'More' Attack Speed by having him down, meaning you will tear through the boss much quicker.

Lastly upgrade your Amulet. Use the search I have in the guide, and sort by Sum. You will be able to find much nicer Amulets then the one you have. Add in whatever you need to the search so you don't struggle though, whether it's Lightning Resistance or whatever. Thanks for following the build, means a lot to me :) If you need any help with the search filter check out the end of my first Video on Youtube, I walk through the steps of how to use it properly.

i bought some cheap claws today with better dps and some proper stats

the dmg is slighty better now

i am low on currency right now so when i find some proper item with the proper colors i will add ancestral
sometimes i remove some other red gem and i put ancestral to help me defeat easier some hard boss with harder mechanics

i know i need better amulet ofc

thanks for replying
I went ahead and got piercing shots on the tree to try that out. Felt alright.
I then tried dropping fork from my 5-link. Another damage support in and now I really shred.
HoI explosions or whatever is exploding packs feels enough. Single target damage is of course improved.
Gonna try a blighted map soon again, haven't been able to complete them. Pierce should do wonders on tightly packed mobs.
Could you recommend some good uniques for leveling stage?
Hello i'm having problems with mana regen, I use two auras (Hatred and Herald of Ice) I only use 3 attacks already I'm without mana help :D

My Gear OBS: 6L Drop
Char Miiniinuu
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/xWorlock/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info