Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

So the usual stuff after every league and before the new one:

Nerfing the most used meta of last league and making the meta of the new one overpowered.

Balancing achieved!...XD
Chris, stop casualing game or we go to Path of Exile Classic
"
Август wrote:

To use just one example -

Trying to make people use mana flasks more, or indeed flasks at all, is the exact opposite of 'casualing'. Casuals hate flasks, they'd rather get through the game by pressing just one button. By making mana flasks more important, this manifesto is quite clearly not 'casualing' whatsoever.
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 3, 2019, 7:36:51 AM
"
Август wrote:

We should already start a petition to bring back the good old 4 difficulty levels, 2 acts + maelstrom of chaos map device prototype goodness from closed beta back. Not that it would work because what is happening now won't change as nowadays numbers dictate change and people, in general, are filthy casuals.
I love how GGG "balance" things ...

They nerf the old overpower stuff and make the new stuff even more overpower than was the old one.

It's called shifting the meta, not balancing.
"
juo wrote:
Really good nerfs except one:

Fuckin' Headhunter.

It's the #1 thing that needs fixing and it gets ignored.

Oh no it's not being ignored.

Just look at the new The Demon card xD
Normally I keep calm for your changes, because things tend to work out in the end... nope not this time.

No leech for casters?! I can't imagine why this makes sense. You already got half the player base to switch to all cyclone all the time, now you just want the rest of them to ditch spells too? You do realize that increasing the gem levels with gear actually makes this nerf even bigger, right?

Unneccessary flask based rant below:
Spoiler
I get that you want people to use mana flasks, but they hate them. HATE THEM. If the rest of the player base is anything like me they see using/requiring a mana flask as a total failure in their build. And now compared to a melee character they are essentially wasting 20% of their flask-based power potential. I actually hate the level of power flasks have gotten to in the game, but this is still just too annoying to not complain about. Also, as someone who also started to play on PS4 too, flasks suck on console. 2 on the shoulder buttons are easy to use, 3 on the d-pad are clunky as hell.
I can see your / Back is turned and / If I could I'd / Stick my knife in.
Crawl Away, TOOL

Don't get hacked. Make a new email for your account and use a long password.
Buy the ticket, take the ride.
Yay, breach domain changes! ...but all the past league bosses are still so rare it won't even matter.

I got to do Chayula only because Legion dropped her breachstone (I got about 30 splinters all league long from Breach itself) and I've only ever seen one Bestiary boss portal making thing.

Why is this content so rare? You can do Uber Elder several times a league without even really trying (many more with some effort) but spawning an old league boss is ridiculously difficult/expensive. You put a lot of effort into making that content - why not allow people to actually play it more often?
"
Most people won't use mana flasks anyway but could you please FIX THEM so when you use one it won't stop at full life and continues to top off your mana for the FULL DURATION.

Mana/Life Flasks suck in this game because the durations are meaninglessly.
This one reason players only want to run utility flasks.

Agree 1000% with you, mana flask suck because u can't use suffixe like other flask ... so you reserv a slot for almost nothing and when you finally use ur mana flask ur probably oom and lost time and risk to die

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info