Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

You guys changed a lot, Im interested to see what this meta will look like. I hope HH and inspired learning will be unobtainable or really common. These items, more than any other, break a meta. I like most of the changes so far.
The Trickster's Ghost Dance passive was providing a bit too much defense for a single notable, so the chance to evade, reduced damage taken and amount of Energy Shield recovered has been lowered. << << << <<

Seriously? TOO MUCH? Maybe TOO MUCH for people who play TOO MUCH, but for most players it looks like a chance to get at least some defs. Have 37% chance to evade on my trickster -- have TOO MUCH?
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣

«𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙» — Diablo II LoD Manual
I'm just a noob, but this sounds really shitty and not considered carefully "Mana for Spellcasters" - this was alwAys a matter for me, even with (expensive) leech items - please dont screw it GGG ... sounds like you did tho -.-

Edit:
"
The general philosophy is that mana sustain for spellcasters should be something a player has to think about and find some way to manage, similar to Accuracy for Attack characters.

Did i miss the accuracy-bubble/-container & flasks somewhere? Never had to manage any accuracy-pool ... O.o logic?
Last edited by Sail686 on Sep 3, 2019, 10:03:32 AM
"
yavvyred wrote:
Multistrike used to have an auto-targeting ability built in. Instantly hitting enemies surrounding you provided a lot of effective dmg and defense. Without it, I feel like most of the melee skills (except the ones not using multistrike) were nerfed by 50% effective dmg.

I think this could be reconsidered. Thanks.

Multistrike was buffed. Mathematically in 3 strikes it does more damage, and it certainly does more damage for 1 and 2 strikes. I’m not sure why you think there will be an issue with hitting enemies. Being able to cancel the animation every attack instead of every 3 attacks is a buff to clear speed.
"
The Trickster's Ghost Dance passive was providing a bit too much defense for a single notable, so the chance to evade, reduced damage taken and amount of Energy Shield recovered has been lowered.

Uhm, Ghost Dance is not a notable GGG, it's an Ascendancy passive. They're supposed to be strong. That you already gutted the last league. Do you even play your game every now and then?

You're so bent on forcing players to play exactly what you want that you just ruin the whole ES meta (which you build in the past two leagues) to pigeon-hole everyone in the new Mana meta that you envision. Because with Ghost Dance nerfed even more than it was, the only viable option is to go with Weave the Arcane now.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
Last edited by Navandis on Sep 3, 2019, 9:20:46 AM
The general philosophy is that mana sustain for spellcasters should be something a player has to think about and find some way to manage, similar to Accuracy for Attack characters. However, we don't want the solution to be a huge investment, and we've tried to provide a few different and interesting ways to sustain mana recovery.

LOL

The thing is, what a freaking pot is going to do if you have 90% of your freaking mana RESERVED?
so you are not just taking away the possibility of leech, but you are taking away aura and utility flask - which means = NO DAMAGE!

so... NO DAMAGE, NO SURVIVABILITY = trashtier. nobody will play caster, simple as that. gj ggg keep your mana ideas with you and let the casters be 0,1% of the playerbase. do your balance team even play the game? Pleas NERF that fck Headhunter and inspire learning meta crazy item and i copy that its Tru

no, nobody will use mana flasks.
nobody will replace a utility flask to decrease damage or defense (which is already not good) for a mana flask.
no, nobody will drop an aura (which reserves mana).

so, with this, you say: casters, no auras for you, no sustain in any possibly way, no defenses and also no damage for you!
but hey, you could just use a mana flask and never kill shaper! thats is good... no??

and you really think people will be creative and still play casters? HAHAHA
it's DEAD ggg, just DEAD. you buried it!
Last edited by Liber122 on Sep 3, 2019, 9:30:00 AM
Mana sustain/leech heading in the wrong direction. Should provide passive cluster specifically for manaleech.
Unveil system is a good fix, was too brutal to try to get all recipes.
Ignite builds look like they are back on the table.
Other melee skills need to be reworked or buffed. Blade Flurry targeting needs to be better.
Multistrike needs to have damages lowered and attack speed increased and an option to lock in place while performing multistrike attacks instead of always being able to cancel. This will give player base option of the play style they prefer.
Elementalist needs more work, less than 1% played last league.
Would be nice to see more balance changes amongst all classes to see almost even distributed usage amongst all ascendancies, maybe 4.0?

Anyways, thanks for the patch notes but a lot is left to be desired.
Moon
So necro league as it is.
In order to get rid of clearspeed meta cap global movement speed at 100% but make all skills instant so everything feels great.
Today they buff and tomorrow they nerf, that's POE.

Let's spend more money and rebuild. It's only money.
still i have on my transcendence cyclone 22m dps xD Multistrike Nerf pffff

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info