Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

Multistrike used to have an auto-targeting ability built in. Instantly hitting enemies surrounding you provided a lot of effective dmg and defense. Without it, I feel like most of the melee skills (except the ones not using multistrike) were nerfed by 50% effective dmg.

I think this could be reconsidered. Thanks.
♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈ ♈
Ign: @Yavvyred
STD Trade/Craft/Carry: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2289358
"
We've lowered the added physical damage on retaliation attacks, because of how high their damage output could be when used with Facebreakers. Their base damage has been increased to compensate.

RIP the only time they were useful.
Considering you guys are pushing minion builds this league, I sure hope you’ve reworked The Baron’s strength requirements since moving Utmost Intellect, and to a lesser extent Utmost Might, out of jewel radius effectively breaks the build to the point that reaching even 1000 strength would be practically unobtainable without serious concessions (thus making it no longer viable).
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
blindwar wrote:
you deleted but i will post it again

no, nobody will use mana flasks.
nobody will replace a utility flask to decrease damage or defense (which is already not good) for a mana flask.
no, nobody will drop an aura (which reserves mana).

so, with this, you say: casters, no auras for you, no sustain in any possibly way, no defenses and also no damage for you!
but hey, you could just use a mana flask and never kill shaper! thats is good... no??

and you really think people will be creative and still play casters? HAHAHA
it's DEAD ggg, just DEAD. you buried it!

I mostly play caster. Stop speaking for me, thanks. Be careful when you use total statements like 'everybody' or 'nobody'.

Dude, Have you managed to kill uber elder with any of those nice spellcaster builds? Any vids?
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
3.7.0 introduced a whole host of changes and improvements to a variety of melee skills. This resulted in a lot of people playing Cyclone.

Yes. Because the rest of the meele skills where clunky, awkward and slow crap in comparison to cyclone. This "improvments" were useless. You could have easily improve these other skills to make them fun to, instead of nerving Cyclone. For example a Spectral Throw without the need to stop would be a lot of fun.
"The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried." - Stephen McCranie
bueno
only i'm didn't find any balance in that changes?
"
CreoZ wrote:
only i'm didn't find any balance in that changes?

Nope. It is just a whole bunch of messing around with numbers and empowering new archetypes by nerfing the old fun "meta" builds. And yet no news about fixing the Arc spell that GGG butchered last league.
Last edited by respon on Sep 3, 2019, 7:26:58 AM
"
juyevon wrote:
"
Natalia_GGG wrote:
3.7.0 introduced a whole host of changes and improvements to a variety of melee skills. This resulted in a lot of people playing Cyclone.

Yes. Because the rest of the meele skills where clunky, awkward and slow crap in comparison to cyclone. This "improvments" were useless. You could have easily improve these other skills to make them fun to, instead of nerving Cyclone. For example a Spectral Throw without the need to stop would be a lot of fun.

Err...no. They literally couldn't. Cos then they'd all be Cyclone clones. Cyclone's ease of use is fundamental to its identity and how the skill works - transplanting it onto other skills just destroys their identity. We already have quite a few auto-damage skills and builds in the game if that's what you're after. And your suggestion for Spectral Throw basically just turns it into a version of, idk, Winter Orb or Static Strike or something. So you just run around and weapons auto-spawn and damage enemies around you? If you just want to do that, go play the builds that already do that sorta thing. For everyone else, it replaces what was an active playstyle with either a partially (if it's like Static Strike) or entirely (if it's constant like Righteous Fire, just with a different visual effect) passive one. If you like Cyclone, play Cyclone. Don't ask for all the games' other skills to lose all their identity and just become more Cyclones. And then we'll see people attacking that change, just as we've already seen with people criticizing the new Cobra Lash as just a rework of Spectral Throw.

By making Cyclone weaker, they're making you pay a cost for smoothness and ease of use, so there's a tradeoff. Ideally, the more dedicated abilities will offer you greater power in return for requiring more focus and skill to play them. That's balance. What you want isn't balance, rather Cornucopia.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cornucopia
Last edited by Exile009 on Sep 3, 2019, 7:38:09 AM
OK. Game still unfriendly. Imbalanced. Minimum variety. Dictate meta.
☣ 𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊 𝖜𝖆𝖘 𝖘𝖚𝖈𝖍 𝖆 𝖌𝖎𝖋𝖙 ☣

«𝕾𝖔𝖗𝖗𝖔𝖜 𝖎𝖘 𝖆 𝖈𝖗𝖚𝖊𝖑 𝖈𝖔𝖒𝖕𝖆𝖓𝖎𝖔𝖓 𝖙𝖔 𝖔𝖓𝖊 𝖜𝖍𝖔 𝖈𝖆𝖓 𝖆𝖋𝖋𝖔𝖗𝖉 𝖋𝖊𝖜 𝖋𝖗𝖎𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘, 𝖆𝖓𝖉 𝖙𝖍𝖊 𝖕𝖆𝖙𝖍 𝖔𝖋 𝖊𝖝𝖎𝖑𝖊 𝖆𝖙𝖙𝖊𝖓𝖉𝖘 𝖙𝖍𝖎𝖘 𝖒𝖔𝖚𝖗𝖓𝖋𝖚𝖑 𝖘𝖕𝖎𝖗𝖎𝖙» — Diablo II LoD Manual

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info