Balance in Path of Exile: Blight

"
blindwar wrote:
you deleted but i will post it again

no, nobody will use mana flasks.
nobody will replace a utility flask to decrease damage or defense (which is already not good) for a mana flask.
no, nobody will drop an aura (which reserves mana).

so, with this, you say: casters, no auras for you, no sustain in any possibly way, no defenses and also no damage for you!
but hey, you could just use a mana flask and never kill shaper! thats is good... no??

and you really think people will be creative and still play casters? HAHAHA
it's DEAD ggg, just DEAD. you buried it!

I mostly play caster. Stop speaking for me, thanks. Be careful when you use total statements like 'everybody' or 'nobody'.
"
"
Just remember GGG. For every one person complaining, there's 100s(or more) of people who welcome these changes, just who don't care to post about it.

True story. I am usually one of those.
Don´t know who told some guys here people don´t want to use mana drinks... love them, they are blue! And imho if you need flasks beside the red and blue ones (to keep it oldschoolish) to kill some things, your build is crap.
I think i´ll go for assasin, love the new skill, but maybe i should play an angry witch!!!

++
"Balance" - you have zero concept of what that means GGG. Here, I'll already give you the patch notes for 3.9:

"We've mindlessly buffed Necromancers through the roof. Too many players rolled Necromancers (*gasp*shock*). You can now only summon 3 minions max"

You're simply unable to find a proper middle ground with literally any single skill in the game. Every time a skill sees above average popularity you nerf it to the ground and then some, instead of learning what made it popular and use the same approach with OTHER skills.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
"
Navandis wrote:
"Balance" - you have zero concept of what that means GGG. Here, I'll already give you the patch notes for 3.9:

"We've mindlessly buffed Necromancers through the roof. Too many players rolled Necromancers (*gasp*shock*). You can now only summon 3 minions max"

You're simply unable to find a proper middle ground with literally any single skill in the game. Every time a skill sees above average popularity you nerf it to the ground and then some, instead of learning what made it popular and use the same approach with OTHER skills.

They do this on purpose. There has never been balance. POE's model is based on selling MTX. If you are left with the good old builds and they buffed weaker ones you will have less incentive to try the new builds and MTXs that comes with them, therefore they are forced to nerf the latest good skills and buff the weak ones.

The more skills they introduce, the harder they rotate buffing and nerfing, the better they can sell mtx, the more money they make. The purple innocent dream of players wanting a well-rounded all-buffed-skills will never exist in POE.
I have three phones, Blizzard. Three f***ing phones.
Last edited by MaxEXA on Sep 3, 2019, 3:26:10 AM
"
MaxEXA wrote:
You have out-done yourselves in 3.7. It is not realistic to expect the same every league.

Funnily enough, I hated 3.7 (the league mechanic, not necessarily the rest of the changes). Not saying I'm a big fan of tower defense, but I vastly prefer the more experimental and/or visionary leagues to boring Breach-based clearspeed clones like Legion. Still, it gave me time to spend with Grim Dawn for a while. :)
"
MaxEXA wrote:
"
Navandis wrote:

They do this on purpose. There has never been balance. POE's model is based on selling MTX. If you are left with the good old builds and they buffed weaker ones you will have less incentive to try the new builds and MTXs that comes with them, therefore they are forced to nerf the latest good skills and buff the weak ones.

True but with a bit of effort they can make a lot of skills playable/tempting simultaneously not just 1-2 every single league. And that would sell a wide range of MTX and would not have players feel tricked into buying MTX that will be obsolete as soon as the league ends.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
Last edited by Navandis on Sep 3, 2019, 3:29:25 AM
"
Klavarnae wrote:
Just remember GGG. For every one person complaining, there's 100s(or more) of people who welcome these changes, just who don't care to post about it.

like the ppl who work on Diablo 4 at Blizzard Entertainment.
Sick stuff, very much looking forward to reading the patch notes!
What about minions granted by items? Did they get any treatment?
That sounds fine and all, but let's just hope the overall result doesn't just feel boring this time around.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info