(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

any idea on what equipment to upgrade next? i'm assuming wand and shield since i've had for awhile. on the soul mantle, am i basically wasting a link by not having it 3B 3G

build is going pretty good. had a couple close calls since i was lulled in to a false sense of security because i was freezing everything, but endurance charges and chaos golem kept me alive so far.

i definitely need to work on secondary links but as i said, been real lazy since everything is frozen and not moving :). i'd like to switch the amulet anoitment to sanctum of thought to free up some passive nodes

POB: https://pastebin.com/68mWNb6q
@Wallach (or anyone else) we sure that the better gloves are the faster casting? I managed to snipe some "increased damage against chilled enemies" early in the league and they are showing 100k+ more dps?
"
jonke wrote:
any idea on what equipment to upgrade next? i'm assuming wand and shield since i've had for awhile. on the soul mantle, am i basically wasting a link by not having it 3B 3G

build is going pretty good. had a couple close calls since i was lulled in to a false sense of security because i was freezing everything, but endurance charges and chaos golem kept me alive so far.

i definitely need to work on secondary links but as i said, been real lazy since everything is frozen and not moving :). i'd like to switch the amulet anoitment to sanctum of thought to free up some passive nodes

POB: https://pastebin.com/68mWNb6q

imho:
color chest (avg 100 chroms with 1G socket bench enchant)
alterate an shaper shiel for +1 totems
20/20 gems
get a helm with a corect enchant (20% cost a few C .. saw them for 5)
Last edited by rotheee on Sep 16, 2019, 6:56:22 AM
I don't know if this happened with anyone else here, but be aware... This is really annoying and frustrating...

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2641896
"

this is good for us right? wondering if i should keep it and if so what to sacrifice in the tree.

That is probably one of the best possible sets of mods you could get for that sort of jewel. Can't say whether that beats out a clear mind jewel or not, but it might and would allow you to use an aura like hatred.

"
krut0n wrote:
I have a question about two weapons I picked up after upgrading a +1 wand I was leveling with for along time.

I picked this one up for 50c

and this one for 8c

The 8c sceptre has higher tooltip damage than the 50c wand and im kinda lost and might be just wasting money on garbage? Can anyone point me in the right direction on a weapon to push my damage higher. Sorry for the noob questions

The massive cast speed difference might explain it.
So my first update for HCSSF Blight.

I haven't had much time to play, but currently level 82 with 2 of 6 uber trials found. I was lucky and found a wise oak early on (currently not using as I do not have resistances balanced well enough to reap its benefits).

1. I ran two characters to purity to get two first snow jewels. I think this is a must for this build.

2. Currently struggling with hexproof+elemental resist enemies.

3. Blight encounters are going well - only very rarely fail. Typically I am using minions with the empowering towers to buff. I switched away from fireballs and ice as I really just need towers that block enemies.

4. My quest for kikazarus and soul mantle has been with the following strategies that lead to immediate random unique rewards or have a higher chance than just random drops from farming:

a) Smash einhar missions and hope for ring/armour beast
b) T3 sacrifice altar with unique rings (preferably ilvl12-15).
c) Delve fractured walls for hidden treasures (doing some lower level so I don't burn as much sulphite and looking for really long delves for multiple walls); ring/armour nodes.
d) Buying topaz rings for 3 wisdom scrolls
e) Buying spidersilk robes for 1 transmute from act 6+ and chancing (adding quality does not affect chances - these are ilvl50+ so they can be 6 socketed/linked, plus they can't be bought in act 5 or lower due to the ilvl of the base)

So far no lucky on those key items - though I did corrupt a self-flagellation.

Comfortably mapping in white maps right now - completed all T1-T3, moving into T4.

I like the feel of the gameplay so far!

Edit: Some of my comments were factually wrong.

Chancing: ilvl does not affect chancing. Instead the basetype is what matters. So an ilvl 1 topaz ring has the same chance as an ilvl 100 topaz ring to become kikazaru.

Sacrifice altar: acts in a way that the unique it changes to must have at least the minimum ilvl of the base type it changes to or else it cannot hit that option. So, ideally an ilvl12-15 unique ring would be good to sacrifice because then it cannot roll to be a unique ruby, diamond, gold, two-stone, amtheyst, prismatic, opal, steel, cerulean, or vermillion ring, but can still become a unique sapphire, unset, paua, iron, coral ring, topaz. If the ilvl were 11 or less it cannot roll to be a kikazaru because the basetype topaz ring is ilvl 12.
Last edited by JSquare on Sep 19, 2019, 11:04:44 AM
This league is so frustrating. 700+ fusings and I am still in my tabby and cant get anyone to reply to sell me maps from poe trade.
"
Apostolos wrote:
This league is so frustrating. 700+ fusings and I am still in my tabby and cant get anyone to reply to sell me maps from poe trade.

Just make a 5 link with The Jeweller's Touch in the mean time.

It feels fine and I'm into red maps.
Is it ok to run Tukohama's fortress shield or it spell crit on a shaped shield that mcuh better ?
"
kiteohatto wrote:
Is it ok to run Tukohama's fortress shield or it spell crit on a shaped shield that mcuh better ?

i saw the same question earlier in this thread. short answer from what i can recall is not worth the cost for what you get. if you that kind of cash go for an atziri's reflection. if you find one, your call.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info