(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

Well, we got our main goal out of the way today and killed Uber Elder, then again just to make sure he was dead. You can watch the fight here along with a few final thoughts on how league start went:

[Blight] League Start Progress - Day 6 (Final)

Been a fun league for me thus far, though the pace of league progress still feels like it is on fast forward. Most of this year's leagues have kind of felt that way; given 4.0 is not due for another year, it may be time for me to switch over to SSF in 3.9.

"
Revo1ver wrote:
@Wallach
What is better - global +1 cold gems or extra chaos damage?

Generally "Gain 20% of Elemental as Chaos Damage" will be slightly superior I think, but they're very close. When it doubt, import your own character and simply edit your weapon in Path of Building.
"
For the boot enchant, the best options here are "120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't crit recently" or "Damage Penetrates 10% of enemy resistances if you have not killed recently". Since our totems do killing instead of us, we have these effects up permanently. The Critical Strike Chance version should be slightly more powerful than the Damage Penetration, if you are really trying to min-max your damage.

Didnt we Crit with Frostbomb/Coldsnap ?
"
"
For the boot enchant, the best options here are "120% increased Critical Strike Chance if you haven't crit recently" or "Damage Penetrates 10% of enemy resistances if you have not killed recently". Since our totems do killing instead of us, we have these effects up permanently. The Critical Strike Chance version should be slightly more powerful than the Damage Penetration, if you are really trying to min-max your damage.

That... is probably true, actually. And in fact given how frequently we probably crit with Frost Bomb during boss encounters where we want that bonus the most, maybe it is better to drop that recommendation.
Does a VoidBattery fit into this build?
"
Wallach wrote:
"
"

That... is probably true, actually. And in fact given how frequently we probably crit with Frost Bomb during boss encounters where we want that bonus the most, maybe it is better to drop that recommendation.

We can't deal damage, but we can still crit with the skills? o.O
"
nogenem wrote:
We can't deal damage, but we can still crit with the skills? o.O
Apparently so, according to an explanation I've seen from a totem build with elemental overload, it still procs from your skills they're just set as 0 damage. So probably same with frost bomb.
Wallach, what do you think of Inspiration? Did you have a chance to try it out? I haven't managed to get a 6L to test it with yet but it should outperform any other supports as long as you have 3+ charges.
IGN: Dmillz
Upgraded bunch of gear. I figured leaving wand for last, since regular non shaped crafts are just minor upgrades about 5%, got my wand on like day 2 for few chaos. High cold spelldmg +1 gems and crafed cast speed is only little bit worse that craft with much less spell damage, more cast speed and some crit multi. For real upgrade need chaos damage rolls.

It is worth to buy stuff relatively soon if you can, before exalts shoot up in price, and uniques like atziri's reflection becomes more and more expensive over time.

You are taking a bunch of nodes on the passive tree to increase critical % but also using controlled destruction which reduces critical chance by 100%. Doesn't that mean the build can't crit using the totems and all those crit % nodes are not doing anything? Maybe I dont understand the totem or skill gem mechanics properly...
Disciple of the Slaughter works with totems?
i thought all "gain on kill" effects works only when you kill enemy with selfcasts or attacks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info