(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
What level do we level up arcane surge to? Also I noticed for the first first snow slot on the left, there's only 30 intelligence instead of 40 in the pob to get the first snow bonuses. Is that done on purpose?

My rule of thumb for Arcane Surge is that it needs to activate within 2 casts of your linked curse. So use your curse's mana cost as a guide for when to increase your Arcane Surge level.

As for the First Snow jewel slot, there's actually 70 Int within range of the first jewel slot (and 80 within range of the second). The Int does not need to be allocated for threshold jewels to grant their effects, it just has to be within radius.

"
Caelsora wrote:
"
Caelsora wrote:

The more and more I think about it the more I want to implement Corrupted Soul into the build.

For me, it gives ~1400 energy shield putting me at 4300 life, 3150 ES. Half of non-chaos damage goes through ES directly to life and triggering MoM even while we have ES.

This is a huge buffer gain, i'm just having an issue replacing a timeless jewel that gives 600k+ dps..

any thoughts Wallach, or anyone who's used this keystone..specifically with MoM?

This may have gotten lost due to being the last post on a page, so just reposting for visibility.

I don't know if there's anything wrong with the idea. I don't think it'd be particularly amazing in the sense that we have no real ES sustain or recovery since it isn't really a focus in the build; my guess is Corrupted Soul probably shines most when you are either forcing ES recharge or using ES leech. 1400 ES doesn't really have the same value as 1400 life in that sense. It does give you a means of increasing survivability without needing to invest into more mana though.
Last edited by Wallach on Aug 7, 2019, 10:30:54 AM
^Damn I thought we had to have the stats chosen to get the first snow or other similar jewels that grant effects for stuff within radius. Thanks for pointing that out
Hey Wallach,

can this build do uber atziri?
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Hey Wallach,

Yeah, that fight is trivial for this build pretty much.
Do we always have to use Frostbite and Frostbomb or can we just use totems for trash and frostbite+frostbomb combo with totems for stronger enemies? I don't know about end game content but right now in act 3 enemies die with just totems
"
Wallach wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:
Hey Wallach,

Yeah, that fight is trivial for this build pretty much.

Hi Wallach, thanks for replying.

May i know if this glove "40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" will benefit from this build and is it worthwhile to invest exalts to isolate this special mod ""40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" and remove the other useless mods to re-craft a better glove?
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

May i know if this glove "40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" will benefit from this build and is it worthwhile to invest exalts to isolate this special mod ""40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" and remove the other useless mods to re-craft a better glove?

I'm not sure that mod will actually work with totem skills, but even if it did I don't think I'd invest a bunch of currency into those gloves. It'll be a lot cheaper to get a more powerful result from Shaper gloves.
"
Wallach wrote:
"
YoursTruly86 wrote:

I'm not sure that mod will actually work with totem skills, but even if it did I don't think I'd invest a bunch of currency into those gloves. It'll be a lot cheaper to get a more powerful result from Shaper gloves.

Hi Wallach, i just checked path of building and the mod actually shows the increase in my dps.

Here's my code for path of building

https://pastebin.com/uTSEh468

You just need to remove the glove under "items" and replaces it back to see the dps increase. I would say its quite significant dps increase from 40k to 43k.
How does this compare to Ice Spear totems?
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:
How does this compare to Ice Spear totems?

Lower single target potential for vastly improved clear is the main difference. I feel like you still get more than enough single target to be very comfortable in all content, to where I wouldn't personally give up the large advantage in clear ability Freezing Pulse has.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info