(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
Wallach wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Wait so if we choose vaal righteous fire with the steel skin how do we stop it from casting regular RF again?

Just don't level up Steelskin or CWDT to max. Steelskin to 19, and CWDT to 17 will let you use a level 20 Vaal Righteous Fire.

Right now all 3 gems are like lvl 5 I think. Is it best to level up steelskin and cwdt to the desired levels then start leveling up vaal RF? Right now cdwt triggering regular RF get me killed a lot

Well, ideally you'd have your Vaal RF higher level than the others so it wasn't getting triggered. If you don't want to just buy a higher level Vaal RF then maybe put it in your weapon swap and level it while you use something like Vaal Haste in that socket in the meantime (which cannot be triggered by CWDT period).
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Wait so if we choose vaal righteous fire with the steel skin how do we stop it from casting regular RF again?

Level 21 Vaal RF is super cheap this league.
livejamie
What are good Legion Jewel options for this build?
livejamie
I didn't know about RF needing to be higher levels than the others. Thanks for the info
"
livejamie wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

should I get it with some quality too? right now I cant afford lvl 21 vaal rf with quality
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

should I get it with some quality too? right now I cant afford lvl 21 vaal rf with quality

No, quality doesn't matter since quality only increases the burning damage of the Righteous Fire, and we can't deal damage with that part of the spell anyway. Level 21 is only 1% more Spell Damage than level 20 so don't even feel pressured to get a level 21 really.
And what about the final levels for frostbite and the other gems that support it? Max out spell cascade, max increased duration, arcane surge at lvl 16? I saw the gloves example has arcane surge at lvl 16. What level we lvl up frostbite? max?

That's my current levels right now and I can get arcane surge on two casts. Also can we do all map mods or avoid ones with elemental reflect and no regen?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Aug 15, 2019, 2:32:28 AM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
And what about the final levels for frostbite and the other gems that support it? Max out spell cascade, max increased duration, arcane surge at lvl 16? I saw the gloves example has arcane surge at lvl 16. What level we lvl up frostbite? max?

That's my current levels right now and I can get arcane surge on two casts. Also can we do all map mods or avoid ones with elemental reflect and no regen?

Unless specified otherwise, you should just level gems up to max.

As far as map mods, elemental reflect is okay but kind of annoying since you have to constantly resummon totems. I typically avoided no regen and 90% elemental ailment avoidance affixes.
hey man. ty for the great guide.
isn't the watcher's eye with 1.x% critical stike chance much better then the one with cold penetration?
"
hey man. ty for the great guide.
isn't the watcher's eye with 1.x% critical stike chance much better then the one with cold penetration?

Critical strike chance is another very good Hatred affix, but it depends a bit on how you want to prioritize your damage scaling. Critical strike chance usually winds up below the other two while you have a Diamond flask active, but higher while your flasks are down. It's still a good affix and some people might like the higher average output relative to flask uptime, but I personally think it is more useful to make your peak DPS under flasks most efficient (since few things can actually sustain taking that kind of damage in the first place). It's still a very good affix though.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info