(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"

Hi Wallach, thanks for replying.

May i know if this glove "40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" will benefit from this build and is it worthwhile to invest exalts to isolate this special mod ""40% increased damage with hits against chilled enemies" and remove the other useless mods to re-craft a better glove?

With these gloves you will have lower lvl of arcane surge (if you want to proc it every 2 casts) and less coverage of curse. With max roll 50%, it's barely better than shaper t3 faster casting (511k > 508k), but worse than lvl t1 faster casting (511k < 520k) on OS's POB.

There is barely any difference, but if you are going to invest exalts in gloves I would do it on shaper gloves, cast speed is better for clearing and dodging bosses too.
Last edited by seciak on Aug 11, 2019, 5:58:05 AM
"
Wallach wrote:

You can still go even further, however - since you are now using Hatred this opens up the opportunity to utilize the Watcher's Eye unique jewel:

If you can only afford a single-affix Watcher's Eye to start, prioritize the 10-15% Cold Penetration affix. The added flat Cold Damage affix makes for the second-best option on this jewel.

Are the other Hatred mods not worth it? Increased Cold Damage seems like it would be good, no?
livejamie
Last edited by livejamie on Aug 11, 2019, 7:04:39 AM
"
livejamie wrote:
Are the other Hatred mods not worth it? Increased Cold Damage seems like it would be good, no?

Increased cold damage isn't bad, just not as good as the two affixes I mentioned. Obviously if your choice is between one of those two affixes + increased cold damage versus just one affix, take the former (assuming the price is right). But I would not recommend investing in a Watcher's Eye that only had increased cold damage since it still takes 3 skill points to open up the extra jewel socket.
Last edited by Wallach on Aug 12, 2019, 1:58:42 AM
This might be my new favorite build. Having a blast.

"

Are there other totem builds that freeze as reliably as this does?
livejamie
Decided to play one more build for the league, having a lot of fun with it right now. Sadly no EX to buy that shield so a cheaper setup has to do for this league.
Last edited by Verseant on Aug 13, 2019, 11:58:51 PM
Wait so if we choose vaal righteous fire with the steel skin how do we stop it from casting regular RF again?
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Wait so if we choose vaal righteous fire with the steel skin how do we stop it from casting regular RF again?

Just don't level up Steelskin or CWDT to max. Steelskin to 19, and CWDT to 17 will let you use a level 20 Vaal Righteous Fire.
Hi i got a HH is it good for this build or i stick with the recomended belt ??
"
Wallach wrote:
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:

Just don't level up Steelskin or CWDT to max. Steelskin to 19, and CWDT to 17 will let you use a level 20 Vaal Righteous Fire.

Right now all 3 gems are like lvl 5 I think. Is it best to level up steelskin and cwdt to the desired levels then start leveling up vaal RF? Right now cdwt triggering regular RF get me killed a lot

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info