(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

"
Wilmots wrote:
Right now I got all the stuff for this build, finished somehow, running uber elder and selling watchers eyes, have 40 ex left, dont know what to do with it, LvL 100 is no goal, i aint got the will to do that.

Quit league - take a break. If it's a grind it's not fun
Yes I will. Allthough this build is so much fun and I invested 145 ex in it.
Since about 20% of the damage is chaos, atleast on my tooltip, what about adding

Ancestral warchief + multiple totems + faster attacks(?) + withering touch.

At 15 stacks of withered thats 90% increase chaos damage.

I know is worthless vs trash since everything dies so fast but on bosses it should be able to stack fairly quickly.

Also the Vaal Ancestral warchief offers some burst damage to.

Thoughts?
IGN Riokar | My guides
[2.0]Non legacy Mjölner. Uber down. -thread/1474288
[2.0]Shatter Chuck Lite COC -thread/1324981
[2.0]SRS Magic Find Culler. Uber capable. /w budged build -thread/1406603
[2.0]NEWBIE MF/DPS Summoner -thread/479976 | Power leveling guide -thread/522556
Thanks heaps for the build Wallach. Really solid and is quite a tidy uber lab runner too. Probably cost me about 3 - 4 ex so far. Gear is entry level but it's taken me to level 87 easily; lots of fun to play too. I actually like seeing maps with temporal chains now :).
"
Rathik2 wrote:
Since about 20% of the damage is chaos, atleast on my tooltip, what about adding

Ancestral warchief + multiple totems + faster attacks(?) + withering touch.

At 15 stacks of withered thats 90% increase chaos damage.

I know is worthless vs trash since everything dies so fast but on bosses it should be able to stack fairly quickly.

Also the Vaal Ancestral warchief offers some burst damage to.

Thoughts?

I guess you would need to drop the 4-link frost bomb setup or just make that a 1-link to fit it in?

I can't think that the Ancestral Warchief will offer any meaningful damage increase besides applying wither as it is just on a single link. We tend to scale elemental damage, spell crit / multi & cast speed - none of which will boost it's damage. Other than some generic totem scaling from the tree and the self flagellation jewel it's not really getting a lot of damage from our build.

Just dropping an un-linked Vaal Ancestral Warchief into my setup (once I swap to a weapon that can use it) it's giving me around 3k DPS which is practically nothing. The effect of withering touch however is a 6.5% damage increase at 15 stacks which is at least some meaningful damage. I expect if you also add in a Atziri's Promise this would be even better although you would have to factor in the loss of a "better" flask or drop your quicksilver / utility flask.

On the whole not totally sure it is worth it. Especially if it makes your frost bomb more likely to miss. Might be ok if you really want to squeeze out every last bit of damage you can and already have some good chaos damage in the build.

Be interesting to see what Wallach thinks :)
Can this be used as a cheap league starter? I am already planning for next league. This current league is my first one ever and I tried like 5-6 builds but never a totem build which seems fun and super safe. I might even start this build now to see what it's like and I most likely will only play one or two builds next season so I can concentrate on making one or two super strong builds instead of 5 average builds.
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Aug 5, 2019, 10:48:09 AM
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Can this be used as a cheap league starter?

Absolutely.
It's what I plan to start with unless they come out with something new that we haven't seen before, or the next league's mechanic isn't suitable for totems.
"
TheChosenOne_ wrote:
Can this be used as a cheap league starter? I am already planning for next league. This current league is my first one ever and I tried like 5-6 builds but never a totem build which seems fun and super safe. I might even start this build now to see what it's like and I most likely will only play one or two builds next season so I can concentrate on making one or two super strong builds instead of 5 average builds.

Yes, for sure. This one is my only char in Legion, and I didn't experience any problem leveling or getting items.

The only thing you must do is invest time and GRIND A LOT, to farm the currency needed for your end game items (as any other build).

The guide is pretty straight forward, just follow the instructions and keep upgrading your items along the way and you'll be fine.

What level do we level up arcane surge to? Also I noticed for the first first snow slot on the left, there's only 30 intelligence instead of 40 in the pob to get the first snow bonuses. Is that done on purpose?
Last edited by TheChosenOne_ on Aug 5, 2019, 9:24:34 PM
"
Caelsora wrote:

The more and more I think about it the more I want to implement Corrupted Soul into the build.

For me, it gives ~1400 energy shield putting me at 4300 life, 3150 ES. Half of non-chaos damage goes through ES directly to life and triggering MoM even while we have ES.

This is a huge buffer gain, i'm just having an issue replacing a timeless jewel that gives 600k+ dps..

any thoughts Wallach, or anyone who's used this keystone..specifically with MoM?

haven't posted my gear in this thread yet, so here it is:

This may have gotten lost due to being the last post on a page, so just reposting for visibility.
Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info