(Retired Thread) Wallach's Hierophant Freezing Pulse Totems

I edited the weapon section a bit to make it more clear that there are multiple bases worth using for multi-modding, and added the Panicked life flask to the High Budget Options section.

I'll be streaming this week to finish up 40/40, but after that I am not sure I'll be playing a lot of PoE for the rest of this league. That said I'll still check on this thread to answer questions when I can if I'm not currently playing, and will definitely be updating the guide as needed for 3.8.
Hi, any chance can you check my character? I don't have enough money atm to buy Soul Mantle build so I tried to make it with rares but I feel like I don't have enough dps.

TotemusPetrificus is my character name.
"
mtilhan wrote:
Hi, any chance can you check my character? I don't have enough money atm to buy Soul Mantle build so I tried to make it with rares but I feel like I don't have enough dps.

TotemusPetrificus is my character name.

How broke are you?

You could get empower level 3, its cheap and your Soul Mantle is corrupted.

Also get a +1 totem shield.

And try to socket and link some of your gear, follow the gem section.

U got to change amulet and get helm with 30/20% freeziing pulse speed enchant.

Someone else might be of more help but thats what i would do.

Last edited by Abraxas1991 on Jul 28, 2019, 4:03:17 PM
Any tips for grinding to level 100? I feel like my gear is in a pretty good place now so it probably doesn't make as much sense for me to run random corrupted tier 15 / 16 maps. The loot is good but I die often enough that I'm not really making progress from 93 to 94.

Do I just focus on whatever I think is the easiest map and not roll it too difficult?

Current gear

"
litmusdragon wrote:
Any tips for grinding to level 100? I feel like my gear is in a pretty good place now so it probably doesn't make as much sense for me to run random corrupted tier 15 / 16 maps. The loot is good but I die often enough that I'm not really making progress from 93 to 94.

Do I just focus on whatever I think is the easiest map and not roll it too difficult?

I took a look at your character in PoB, and I notice that you are a bit low on mana. Currently you only have enough mana to protect 3.6k of your life pool, so you are missing a pretty noticeable chunk of eHP that you could have at your current health value. Part of the reason for this is that you skipped Righteous Decree in the Templar starting area; picking that up will get you a bit over 300 eHP immediately. After that you should probably look for at least one additional mana roll on your gear; you have a pretty good helmet right now so I think I'd probably look for this mana in the boot or ring slots.

As far as going to 100, my general rule was that when I was mapping in the 98+ range (where a death would really start to hurt time-wise) I tried to avoid more than one pure damage mod. I was mostly chain-running Elder Dunes since it was a really good map for Monolith farming. But if you really have currency to splash it is much more efficient to spend your time in Pure Chayula Breachstones or 5-army Domain of Conflict (the latter especially if you have a Headhunter carry for it). Mapping is slow and quite a bit more dangerous by comparison, so don't be too gung ho on the damage modifiers; Maraketh with a few map mods can humble pretty much any build rather quickly if you're not careful.
@litmusdragon

same here. Almost 95. Skipping and avoiding any potential harmful encounters, bosses with weird phases, double extra damage mods, EE on maps, reflect on maps, regen limitation on maps and so on. Even a run into a junes*s dungeon maybe bad. Never died in legions! This is build is extremely strong here. Besides fight against boredom. The most powerful enemy here now.

Double beyond maps are cool and no thread due to the potential of this build, they give decent extra ep.

maps i do: coves, orchard, sunken city
Last edited by Wilmots on Jul 29, 2019, 4:08:52 AM
"
Wallach wrote:
I took a look at your character in PoB, and I notice that you are a bit low on mana. Currently you only have enough mana to protect 3.6k of your life pool, so you are missing a pretty noticeable chunk of eHP that you could have at your current health value. Part of the reason for this is that you skipped Righteous Decree in the Templar starting area; picking that up will get you a bit over 300 eHP immediately. After that you should probably look for at least one additional mana roll on your gear; you have a pretty good helmet right now so I think I'd probably look for this mana in the boot or ring slots.

As far as going to 100, my general rule was that when I was mapping in the 98+ range (where a death would really start to hurt time-wise) I tried to avoid more than one pure damage mod. I was mostly chain-running Elder Dunes since it was a really good map for Monolith farming. But if you really have currency to splash it is much more efficient to spend your time in Pure Chayula Breachstones or 5-army Domain of Conflict (the latter especially if you have a Headhunter carry for it). Mapping is slow and quite a bit more dangerous by comparison, so don't be too gung ho on the damage modifiers; Maraketh with a few map mods can humble pretty much any build rather quickly if you're not careful.

I may be misunderstanding but I thought that the target for the mana pool was at least 1/3 of your life pool, and my mana is at 2426 and my life is at 4485 so I thought that I had plenty of mana. Is this not the case?

edit:

Nevermind, I see my error, I was not taking ascendancy into account. Mana / (0.4) x (0.7), I am indeed a bit short on mana
Last edited by litmusdragon on Jul 29, 2019, 9:33:34 AM
I've taken down UE 10 times with this build. 2 of those times I died on the last portal and he dropped a Watcher's Eye both times. I just panic too much in that fight and get into spots that I shouldn't be in lol, the damage is far from the problem in that fight.

On the bright side, I am 4 for 10 in the Watcher's Eye department!

I can't say enough good things about this build, it's definitely my favorite build that I've ever done.
Last edited by Gulch on Jul 29, 2019, 1:48:22 PM
Would you guys be able to critique my gear? Playing in standard because its where I have the most progression and I want to kill elder for the first time. Would really love atziri's reflection but its crazy expensive. Also the faster freezing pulse projectiles enchant, but it's hard to make all the gear fit together.
It seems like right now my totems take a bit long to "start up" and start shooting out projectiles. And how would I change just one socket color on my soul mantle?

The more and more I think about it the more I want to implement Corrupted Soul into the build.

For me, it gives ~1400 energy shield putting me at 4300 life, 3150 ES. Half of non-chaos damage goes through ES directly to life and triggering MoM even while we have ES.

This is a huge buffer gain, i'm just having an issue replacing a timeless jewel that gives 600k+ dps..

any thoughts Wallach, or anyone who's used this keystone..specifically with MoM?

haven't posted my gear in this thread yet, so here it is:

Guides(old, not updated)
LL BV Trickster - /1699146
CoC Quill Rain - /1668121
Last edited by Caelsora on Jul 31, 2019, 1:27:44 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info