Update about Synthesis League Changes

"
Kelvynn wrote:
"
Upon approaching the Reward Chests in a Distant Memory, you will now be informed that you have found the rewards with a pop-up.

WHY? I this really necessary?? Do you think somebody can somehow miss an area full of chests and memory stabilizers that's also marked on the map?

I would rather not have any new pop-ups. You STILL haven't done anything about that huge annoying prophecy completion pop-up (a.k.a the Purple Cancer) in almost 3 years. Please don't add another pop-up for no reason.

I have to agree. This sounds like a terrible solution.
Wow, finally fixing this piece of trash league.
Why arent you calling your leagues "BETATEST" for Standard?

BECAUSE THATS WHAT THEY BECAME!
I cannot believe these mechanics are still being pondered upon two weeks into the league. It's like we are in early beta or somehing. When will they realize that gen 3 leagues were a mistake especially on 13 week cycle?
"
Budacek wrote:
"
dostov wrote:
When is this league out of Beta and going Live?

You do realize that leagues are for testing new stuff?

You do realize that in practice that hasn't been the case in years and leagues ARE the main game no matter what metric you use to measure that.

For example if people considered leagues as Betas, then you would see the following dynamic: a new league launches, the overall number of players (standard + leagues) remains pretty much the same but people shift from playing standard to playing league for a while and afterwards they come back to standard. This does NOT happen as 90% of the players play league-only and if a league is broken/not fun/unsatisfactory they drop out (for good or until next league) but they do not go to standard.

The "leagues are for testing" is just some sort of BS fine print that they can point their fingers at when leagues come out utterly broken.

Also, the way GGG advertises leagues is always as new, fleshed-out, working content. They never ever say or imply something like "come test-play our future content that might become standard".

tl;dr : stop white-knighting, it doesn't help anyone, neither the players nor GGG.
Build Guides and Beginner Tips YouTube Channel:
https://www.youtube.com/NavandisGaming
Last edited by Navandis on Mar 22, 2019, 4:10:42 AM
Please leave the bonus's as is or only increase them a small amount and let them apply to everything again. The reason they aren't rewarding is you broke the mechanic that let us build long bridges without starting over every single distant memory. You are fixing that.

Removing this and implementing your planed change of small effect buffs and not global buffs will be the final nail in the coffin. You would have been able to see this if instead of focusing on last seasons content in this patch you had fixed the game breaking no more then one distant memory bug you introduced.

Before you broke the game with the previous patch and locked us to a 1 distant memory per run bug, the rare occasion I could run a long memory chain and pick up a few distant memories and it was great. I finally broke into the chain today I had been saving as it was connected to 2 distant memories, and I had hoped you would somehow at the last minute work on this seasons content, and i was going to try the strat that rarely works of getting the boost and running back to the start. I was getting 8-9 elder items per square for that whole chain. This was fun while it lasted and would have been more fun had I successfully been able to get a few distant memories.

I think this whole no more buffing chains is an overreaction based on the fact that the moment you made it possible to run long chains you removed the ability to run long chains for any other reason but long chains.

This will not be fun or enjoyable at all but hey now your destroying islands mechanic can have a massive impact and completely ruin what little buffs.

You already choose to ignore your new season content and focus on last season content you just can't see what we want to do anymore you took it away for so long and wouldn't discuss it with the community. Betrayal was more important. One change added to today's patch would have changed this and made it fun again. Please Please don't change the buff mechanic as you suggested.
"
Boss Encounters
The Synthesis Boss Encounters now have the mods of the Memory that the portal to their areas was created from. This will in general make them more difficult, especially at higher levels.

the boss fights in this League is dumb, you put slow zone too strong to play closer to the bosses, this games is 100% non combat match, it would be time you stop making a games only for distance player.
stop being noobs and take out your fingers from the butt thank you.
Last edited by oufouf on Mar 22, 2019, 4:18:41 AM
I like some of the changes:
- moving pieces
- buffing the rewards of doing them
- nodes to appear on the map after you received a memory piece

Things I don't like:
- Bosses to have the mods of the memory

Things to improve:
- If I plan a path to a reward node and I get the rewards from that node, please give me the possibility to go back to the previous memory tile, instead of going to the nexus and repeat the path to arrive on the spot where the reward memory was. It's frustrating to burn paths to arrive in the same spot to continue my journey from there.
- On the memory maps please put some indicators where the stabilisers nodes are located, it's frustrating to guess and fail memories on a wrong direction.
- Maybe you can expand the memory paths stash form 10 to 14?
- Make all the memory path to have the same decay like 3 uses
- Explain what implicit we can acquire if we synthesise the items

Future leagues:
- Please make the league longer like 4 months. It's frustrating to start a new league after 3 months and enjoy it only 2 months, because the first month is beta testing. Also you lose players because of this.

Thanks.
Hello, please disable Unique Strongboxes spawning in Memory fragment zones. It doesn't make sense, it's impossible to complete when zone decays and monsters spawn in waves (example unique diviners box).
Last edited by resetasdx on Mar 22, 2019, 4:16:24 AM
I was upset today, decay screwed me twice in a row. In a flat open memory, without walls. I took the direction straight to the one i wanted to go - run like Forest. But when i arrived the exit was already in decay. I said, ok im gonna take the other node, so i went for a different exit. Next node exactly the same happenned!!!!

aaaand ALT + F4..

Fix the decay algorithm please, or just make it timed whatever. Its really annoying.
This isn't going to change anything. The league mechanic at its core is still broken. This is like fixing Fortification in Betrayal: once people get used to the fix, they're going to realize the league is just shit. No matter how much you amp up the rewards, as long as decay can completely end a memory chain and hours of effort, it's still going to feel punishing rather than rewarding. And your consistent use of "less likely" when it should be "no longer possible" doesn't exactly inspire confidence.

Also, more fractured items dropping isn't going to fix the issues with crafting either. Scours and annuls need to be falling from the sky; the randomness with bases and mods will still be soul-sucking; and the game still needs a compendium of possible outcomes instead of AGAIN, for the second league in a row, having to alt-tab every few minutes to determine if a craft is worth it. Honestly, *all* crafting currency drops need to be increased 10x, but that might mess with the economy too much. But . . . Who the fuck cares? This league will still be garbage dick with whatever improvements you want until you fix the core gameplay loop.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info