Update about Synthesis League Changes

Do we have an ETA of when these changes might be implemented?
What will happen to existing memory chains after the changes? Will our existing memory nexus' be wiped?
Last edited by Banjoman94 on Mar 26, 2019, 4:34:40 PM
"
Smoke_Dawg wrote:
omg so happy!

Enjoy those memes while you still can !
"
Mark___75 wrote:
"

Hogwash. Steam is only a portion. If steam is 90% down, how do you compute that with non steam 90% down as well? or total? you are fabricating a number to push a point and that isn't correct. That 90% in steam could be 1% of the actual total of players or 90% of the total players. You do not have all the data so this is completely busted.

Steam is good statistics tool. 90% of players will still be 90% of players, regardless of the pool size - 90% of 12,000,000 players and 90% of 12,000 is still 90%. People playing on the Steam platform are perfectly same players with perfectly same behaviour, life cycle and habits as any other players. You can see there even their daily life cycles - majority of people is playing around 7PM, while 7AM is the lowest headcount. You can see that in the evening (CET) is playing 3 times more people than in the early morning. This is not applicable to only PoE - similar daily and weekly cycles you can see on the other games. The problem is... That other games (if they are considered successful) usually do not lose 90% of players after release of a new content.

Again hogwash. You cannot just input a statistic. Steam only report from integrations within steam. Considering the amount of players that do not use steam to access path of exile, you cannot say whether it is reflective with only one type of data. Sure, there could be 90mil players on steam, but you cannot account for the standalone players, therefore your argument is invalid. Path of exile was not originally on steam and has had problems running with steam in the past. Alot of users, including myself, do not use steam because of how steam operates. So yes, you can say the 90% applies to steam users, but you cannot say 90% applies to path of exile in its entirety.

Also, steam doesn't report for console users either. So there is a lot of data that isn't accessible to properly formulate the loss of players.

As far as new content goes, new content in leagues is for beta testing for core. Was like that in the beginning and will always remain that way. It is intended for you to play the new content and report issues with it for integration at a later time. People need to understand what "Leagues" were designed for in the first place.
Last edited by PhrozenEclipse on Mar 27, 2019, 1:39:28 AM
"

Again hogwash. You cannot just input a statistic. Steam only report from integrations within steam. Considering the amount of players that do not use steam to access path of exile, you cannot say whether it is reflective with only one type of data. Sure, there could be 90mil players on steam, but you cannot account for the standalone players, therefore your argument is invalid. Path of exile was not originally on steam and has had problems running with steam in the past. Alot of users, including myself, do not use steam because of how steam operates. So yes, you can say the 90% applies to steam users, but you cannot say 90% applies to path of exile in its entirety.

Also, steam doesn't report for console users either. So there is a lot of data that isn't accessible to properly formulate the loss of players.

As far as new content goes, new content in leagues is for beta testing for core. Was like that in the beginning and will always remain that way. It is intended for you to play the new content and report issues with it for integration at a later time. People need to understand what "Leagues" were designed for in the first place.

You do not understand what we are talking about. It does not matter if Steam statistics do not include console players, direct PC client players or any other sorts of players which could exist. Steam players are not different from any other players playing PoE. They will have same male/female ratio, the same statistical education or age distribution, etc. This is a perfect stratified sample. PoE statistics on Steam will be perfectly same for all non Steam players. If there is visible a statistical trend, as for example lose of 37.5% players between 1st of December 2018 and 1st of January 2019, it will be applicable to the entire population of PoE players.

This is also not true that seasonal leagues are beta tests of the content going into the core game. Most of changes made are applied to both - core game and league. Only some lore and let's call it "adventures" part is new in the seasonal league and differ from the core game.

The reason of the problem with unstable players pool and quick drop of interest is that GGG is trying to design a product for a very narrow market. Most of people have no time for never-ending farming and consider it boring. Problem of PoE is that there is no good end-game play (think - you have killed Shaper, Elder, Atziri, you collected most powerful unique artefacts available in the game... and then what? You can only go to farm more, to farm more, and then to farm even more...). Most of people will say: Ok, I can farm for some time, if I still will see a reason. I can farm if I will see that this is rewarding. I can farm, when I will see that I will be able to do something exciting with all this great gear which I collect.
I am a very veteran computer games player. Older than most of current PoE players. I spend hundreds if not thousands of hours playing Diablo1, Diablo2, Lineage and many other games. I am experienced enough to have a fair opinion. I have some friends which were players 20-25 years ago, later they played a lot Lineage and WoW. Their opinion about PoE is similar - a nice game, but there is no proper endgame (so after few weeks of a proper, pro-players like, play, they quit).
Last edited by Mark___75 on Mar 28, 2019, 9:44:00 AM
I AM STILL NOT GONNA TOUCH IT, IT IS UTTER TRASH
The posts and bufs reeks of desesperation, folks, 50%+ of play base already left
BYE TENCENT
EJRVBÑJKSBVÑERJVBÑJWERBVÑRWEJFVCÑIERVGLÑIJESFDBVIEWRGICVL3WEGRDVICWDSBCVIJWDBCVWIJDECVILDBWLDEJCHBVWLIDECGWLDICHYVGLWDICHLWDECHVW
DEVGERGVERGWWFVEFVWWEDQWEFCDWEFCWEFVCWEFCWEFWEFWEFWREGFRWREGFW
i dont know in what way this update is "more" rewarding ...
i wont touch this mess until its fixed until you work it into the ground again i guess ...
I was just starting to (kind of) enjoy the Memory Map mechanics... but then you changed the only thing that was good about it!
The Global Mods were fun, in the way that you'd create zones with a sick amount of random mods, that made the gameplay unpredictable and rather fun. Now, when you have to carefully place the memory mod - and screw you if you haven't got five memory tiles, all with 3 uses left, in a "+" shape configuration on your map, since otherwise you will waste the modifyer - to get something decent out of them.

But tbh, I think this league is a failure. You invest way too much time, with a very uncertain outcome. (I actually really liked Betrayal, where you moved the operatives into different positions to get the rewards you wanted. It took some effort, but was worth it. (Ok, the Catharina fight was NOT worth it, but the rest was.)) Now, with the last update, going for Maps and Delves (with the occasional Incursions) seems like a better way to spend your time.

Please, let this be a lesson for future leagues: No slow, clunky "mini game" mechanic with rewards only slightly better than just rolling maps.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info