Update about Synthesis League Changes

I don't know why everyone is complaining about the Nexus so much. If you don't like it and the loot is so bad, just don't do go to the Nexus or just do it once in a while when you feel like it?

This exact thing happened in Incursion, where people loved the Incursions in maps but complained that they had to go to the temple after doing them 11 times because the temple was "slow and boring".

If you hate playing a tileset board game, then just don't go to the Nexus. The game has plenty more content and you can still do the memories in maps, look at any fractured drops you get and maybe use them for crafting. Get 36/40 achievements without doing any Nexus ones.

Not everyone who plays POE likes to go fast, and I like the idea that I have to plan my way ahead rather than just blindly running into a map spamming buttons. I think Synthesis was a great idea, but the execution was maybe a little rushed. Decay is there for a reason, it gives you a timer. Yes it could have been done differently, like killing the monsters delays it or something, but if you got rid of it all together then memories would simply be boring.

The saddest part is that if GGG had have released a very simple league, no one would be complaining, but because they attempted to do something new, something a little bit different, it has come back to bite them.

I, for one, really like the Synthesis league. It's unique and interesting, although the gameplay does still needs to be polished. But I can wait for that.
"
Koheleth wrote:
Sorry Bex nothing is going to save Synthesis. It will go down in the lore as the worst league.

The sad part is that many of the same problems that have been stated over and over again by the community are still popping up.

You people at GGG know GOOD AND WELL that Path of Exile players love our fast gameplay. Yet, in an incredibly selfish move, another league is released that slows down the game and introduces a clunky mechanic that many have already abandoned. Who wants to stare at a board and move puzzle pieces around for shit loot? Sounds like Chris came up with this based on the development videos and just forced it on us. Well, it failed - what did you expect? Seems obvious that you don't care - slow the game down...restrict things that people actually like -DELVE- and then sit back and sell whatever that pack is called 'Glitter whatever'. Hmmmmmmmmm...

Please abandon this and release a flashback league! You can't fix synthesis! The core mechanic is SLOW and boring!

This is not how you address an issue. Simply telling them what they "Can't" do is a little obsurd seeing as you aren't doing it. If you were here during the beginning when "Leagues" started, you would understand why this happens like it does. Leagues were in the beginning meant for testing out new content to be implemented later. Now you are complaining about it not catering to you? There is standard and standard hc and private leagues to play if you don't like synthesis. Leagues are supposed to be trial and error, that is and always has been the point of it. These posts aren't going to help resolve anything by ranting. Try participating and being a part of the positive community that helps the game evolve.
Last edited by PhrozenEclipse on Mar 26, 2019, 3:30:42 AM
"
Mattime0 wrote:
I don't know why everyone is complaining about the Nexus so much. If you don't like it and the loot is so bad, just don't do go to the Nexus or just do it once in a while when you feel like it?

This exact thing happened in Incursion, where people loved the Incursions in maps but complained that they had to go to the temple after doing them 11 times because the temple was "slow and boring".

If you hate playing a tileset board game, then just don't go to the Nexus. The game has plenty more content and you can still do the memories in maps, look at any fractured drops you get and maybe use them for crafting. Get 36/40 achievements without doing any Nexus ones.

Not everyone who plays POE likes to go fast, and I like the idea that I have to plan my way ahead rather than just blindly running into a map spamming buttons. I think Synthesis was a great idea, but the execution was maybe a little rushed. Decay is there for a reason, it gives you a timer. Yes it could have been done differently, like killing the monsters delays it or something, but if you got rid of it all together then memories would simply be boring.

The saddest part is that if GGG had have released a very simple league, no one would be complaining, but because they attempted to do something new, something a little bit different, it has come back to bite them.

I, for one, really like the Synthesis league. It's unique and interesting, although the gameplay does still needs to be polished. But I can wait for that.

Thanks for this as it clears up everything. Seems that some people just want everything perfect for what they think is good. Yet, the amount of people playing it and having fun whether they are enjoying all of path of exile or just segments of it are having a blast. I myself do like synthesis and have read the post where they are making some improvements based on community feedback to make it more enjoyable for everyone and it seems that isn't good enough for them. Kudo's to you, if I could +1 your post I absolutely would. Great insight exile!!!
Last edited by PhrozenEclipse on Mar 26, 2019, 3:42:35 AM
Good change but what about Syndicate INtervention with XXH freeze ? I refuse to play again POE since i die everytime Intervention spawning ... but nvm in that time GGG is more about Skin for soulrend or money than resolving a big probleme.
"
Revenga wrote:

"
Mark___75 wrote:
(...)
I would say: big expectations and a failed delivery...

I think not all players log in with steam? Does it count standalone client players?

I believe Steam shows only Steam Client players, but even if this is part of the full picture, it shows the trend. I do not think that Steam players are different than not-Steam players, so proportion should be identical. Then it does not matter if players logged directly to PoE servers are 1/2 of those logged via Steam Client or 2 times more of them. I believe that direct and indirect players numbers are very close.
This is very bad achievement to lose 90% of players after 2 months!
To be honest I am not surprised, seeing approach of GGG.
I will give another example of the perfectly same situation with a car.
You buy the car, then (after short time) you discover that it is not quite as you expected. So, you return to your dealer's service and say that your car burns twice much of petrol that other similar size cars, there are oil leaks and your engine surprisingly trips from time to time. You write down all your complains, a service man promises to do something. Then after few days you can take your car and you can hear from the service guy: however we did not fix your oil leaks and you will still burn twice much fuel than needed, we think maybe next year we will be able to prevent your engine to shutdown in the most unexpected moments, but WE HAVE CHANGED YOUR UPHOLSTERY AND PAINTED GREAT FLOWERS ON YOUR CAR DOORS AND NOW YOUR DRIVING EXPERIENCE WILL BE GREATLY IMPROVED! We also advise you, to pay us for another, brand new set of tires. It does not matter, that you bought a new one 3 months ago.
Would you like to use this car any longer???
Last edited by Mark___75 on Mar 26, 2019, 9:03:47 AM
You are shrinking your market and players pool, if you keep making this kind of speed clear content.
"
extinctiionn wrote:
Good change but what about Syndicate INtervention with XXH freeze ? I refuse to play again POE since i die everytime Intervention spawning ... but nvm in that time GGG is more about Skin for soulrend or money than resolving a big probleme.

Obviously you haven't a clue of what you are talking about. The people that "Make" these "Skins" more than likely were hired to do just that. They are aware of the issues and are working on it, but they also have a full plate right now with ps4. Just be patient, good things come to those who are patient!
"
Mark___75 wrote:
"
Revenga wrote:

"
Mark___75 wrote:
(...)
I would say: big expectations and a failed delivery...

I think not all players log in with steam? Does it count standalone client players?

I believe Steam shows only Steam Client players, but even if this is part of the full picture, it shows the trend. I do not think that Steam players are different than not-Steam players, so proportion should be identical. Then it does not matter if players logged directly to PoE servers are 1/2 of those logged via Steam Client or 2 times more of them. I believe that direct and indirect players numbers are very close.
This is very bad achievement to lose 90% of players after 2 months!
To be honest I am not surprised, seeing approach of GGG.
I will give another example of the perfectly same situation with a car.
You buy the car, then (after short time) you discover that it is not quite as you expected. So, you return to your dealer's service and say that your car burns twice much of petrol that other similar size cars, there are oil leaks and your engine surprisingly trips from time to time. You write down all your complains, a service man promises to do something. Then after few days you can take your car and you can hear from the service guy: however we did not fix your oil leaks and you will still burn twice much fuel than needed, we think maybe next year we will be able to prevent your engine to shutdown in the most unexpected moments, but WE HAVE CHANGED YOUR UPHOLSTERY AND PAINTED GREAT FLOWERS ON YOUR CAR DOORS AND NOW YOUR DRIVING EXPERIENCE WILL BE GREATLY IMPROVED! We also advise you, to pay us for another, brand new set of tires. It does not matter, that you bought a new one 3 months ago.
Would you like to use this car any longer???

Hogwash. Steam is only a portion. If steam is 90% down, how do you compute that with non steam 90% down as well? or total? you are fabricating a number to push a point and that isn't correct. That 90% in steam could be 1% of the actual total of players or 90% of the total players. You do not have all the data so this is completely busted.
Last edited by PhrozenEclipse on Mar 26, 2019, 11:11:06 AM
The worst league and idea, too, crap so boring never been before...
I enter the game and I get bored with this nexus in 5 minutes
Death needs not your understanding. It needs only your loyalty, and your 5% experience... :D
"Painfull jokes of Vaal"
Last edited by Makedowa91 on Mar 26, 2019, 11:26:07 AM
"

Hogwash. Steam is only a portion. If steam is 90% down, how do you compute that with non steam 90% down as well? or total? you are fabricating a number to push a point and that isn't correct. That 90% in steam could be 1% of the actual total of players or 90% of the total players. You do not have all the data so this is completely busted.

Steam is good statistics tool. 90% of players will still be 90% of players, regardless of the pool size - 90% of 12,000,000 players and 90% of 12,000 is still 90%. People playing on the Steam platform are perfectly same players with perfectly same behaviour, life cycle and habits as any other players. You can see there even their daily life cycles - majority of people is playing around 7PM, while 7AM is the lowest headcount. You can see that in the evening (CET) is playing 3 times more people than in the early morning. This is not applicable to only PoE - similar daily and weekly cycles you can see on the other games. The problem is... That other games (if they are considered successful) usually do not lose 90% of players after release of a new content.
Last edited by Mark___75 on Mar 26, 2019, 1:10:52 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info