(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
grimjack68 wrote:
I wasn't thinking about low life tho, I was thinking about hybrid life / ES. Stacking them both should make it trivially easy to get well above the 7k one-shot barrier, and Shav's ensures it works against chaos damage too. Tho I'm not sure there are any big chaos damage hits, all the ones I've run into recently are degen.

You could just stack life, of course, but ES doesn't need flasks to recharge, and if we can keep our life at 100% and tank things using ES, we can keep using Damage on full life.
Yeah but degens screw ES recharge, so going CI for immune to chaos, flask for ignite and flask or watcher's eye for bleed would probably cancel 90% of all types of degens (I also pick aberrath for immune to burning ground). Damage on full life also works amazingly with CI (you're either full life or dead).

Also running soul strike cuts the delay before ES recharge to around 1 sec.

Not sure how efficient it is to invest into both life and ES nodes and try to make it semi-hybrid.

Shav's has also low-ish ES and no evasion, I really don't think it's worth the tradeoff.

There's another item introduced this season, Ivory Tower: https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/The_Ivory_Tower

But that's mostly designed for playing Hiero or Guardian imo, a lot of synergy with how they build, requires a lot of unreserved mana.

You would probably want to build a decent amount of evasion on a trickster, the more evasion you have, the better ES gains you'll get from ghost shrouds.

I've even seen another build on these forums (caustic arrow CI trickster) that uses Maraketh Deshret jewel, because he says it has a lot of synergy with ghost shrouds - you get more chance to evade after you get hit allowing ghost shrouds to restack, and after you didn't get hit it lowers your evasion but reduces damage from next hit by 20%, allowing ghost shroud to proc and regen ES.

Personally I don't think having an extra layer of 1-2k life is very helpful, however when it comes to increasing tankiness I've seen another idea in one of the essence drain guides, which is crafting min. endurance charges on jewellery so you have perma endurance charges.

Only problem is if you need the -mana regen craft you'd have to go into multimodding. So not sure if that's worth for toxic rain specifically, unless you solve the mana in another way.
so for the moment this is my gear :

I bought some better jewels too.

I can't realy put more money in it because....i don't have more ! The main upgrade could be a bow with AS but it's wayy to expensive for the moment. With +1 dext amulet im actually with lvl 29 toxic rain, feels good, clear is nice, boss dps is quite decent.

EDIT: i put efficay into my bow, can't decide chat is best between this and mirage archer, single target dps is not so different and clean is way better with mirage archer, any thougt on that ?
Last edited by Uriacesjaces on Jan 11, 2020, 3:30:55 AM
Got a question i'm considering using awakaned swift affliction on the toxic rain set up instead of the normal one, but idk if it's worth due to the 10% more reduce duration that the awakaned one got. I know that the duration on TR is really valuable but i'm to lazy to do the maths atm, too busy playing lul. I'm swapping the normal void manipulation and vicious proj to the awakened ones, thats for sure and leveling anyways the awakaned swift affliction in my main link anyways cus "test", but for a "minmax" idk if it's worth. Btw, this build is really good, try it!
"
emiwow wrote:
Got a question i'm considering using awakaned swift affliction on the toxic rain set up instead of the normal one, but idk if it's worth due to the 10% more reduce duration that the awakaned one got. I know that the duration on TR is really valuable but i'm to lazy to do the maths atm, too busy playing lul. I'm swapping the normal void manipulation and vicious proj to the awakened ones, thats for sure and leveling anyways the awakaned swift affliction in my main link anyways cus "test", but for a "minmax" idk if it's worth. Btw, this build is really good, try it!

Im not realy good at theory crafting, im currently playing with all awakened support gems and it works really well, i didn't saw a loss when i switched between the 2...but maybe im wrong, i don't realy know ^^ !

I made a short clip against a t16 metamorph ( awekener lvl 8, i don't know if it work on those bosses ) :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7uML2G82AmI&feature=youtu.be
Last edited by Uriacesjaces on Jan 11, 2020, 10:13:02 AM
I'm quite enjoying the build

For gems, I'm using an additional vaal grace for the extra dodge during meta

Also, just fyi it's possible to run flesh and stone / malevolence / clarity 1 / discipline without enlighten 4

You need an enlighten 3 (which is like 40c, much cheaper), and sovereignty anointment on amulet.

I have about 162/825 unreserved mana with this setup runnign 4 auras, and should actually be able to fit another aura in lol

Great day today, got this nice bow with 1.71 AS and a +22% dmg over time watcher's eye=) !

How do I link jewels directly from skilltree without tossing them in inventory?

I think I spent ~5-6ex for the current gear. I realized I bought a few things overpriced afterwards. Owell, didnt want to wait.
My gloves could be better, but I didnt feel like waiting for another to come along.

My current damage is (according to TR skill when I hoever over it), 23.6k/sec. My AS is 0.29sec. 75/75/75/24 resists, 3.6hp with 1.8es.
Is that enough to finish 99% of the content comfortably? I'm currently on T9 maps.

I'm waiting for a decent quiver (I want hp, but price jumps from 40c-80c).
Then maybe some lvl21 gems if it's not too expensive.
Then start crafting my next bow. (currently 4ex in the bank)

EDIT: I already bought a lvl 21 TR and Steelskin. I'm just levelling up the current gems to 20/20 first.
Last edited by chapppy on Jan 11, 2020, 10:58:42 PM
"
chapppy wrote:
Lvl 21 toxic rain is 30c atm on trade league, that should be one of your early purchases (upgrading 19 -> 21 is like upgrading +1 bow to +3 bow but MUCH cheaper).
I'm not MS capped yet for QotF (39k evasion with flasks) - shoudl I be using grace or discipline?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
chapppy wrote:
Lvl 21 toxic rain is 30c atm on trade league, that should be one of your early purchases (upgrading 19 -> 21 is like upgrading +1 bow to +3 bow but MUCH cheaper).

Ah. Sorry. Forgot to mention. I already bought a lvl21 TR and Steelskin. I'm just levelling the current ones to 20/20 first.

But I can do 99% of the content with current setup without much trouble?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info