(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
chapppy wrote:
For amulet anointment, what are some suggested ones I should aim for?
Corruption is a good pick. If for some reason you alter the tree and path there already, exceptional performance, heavy draw (for increased aoe) or avatar of the hunt (for extra movespeed, it's an upgrade in all forms to aspect of the eagle btw) are good options as well. Keep in mind Longshot doesn't work well ("projectile attack damage" doesn't work, "projectile damage" does - so Fury Bolts would work, but it's a somewhat weak node).

When it comes to defensive anointments or utility, you have to decide yourself. For example you might want Sovereignity if you can't squeeze all the auras into your mana reservation pool. There are tons of other options.

"
chapppy wrote:
I did overcap for map mods. But when I actually came across a map with it, my resists were still down to 68% (even the one with 100 something resist) so wondered if I did something wrong.
And that's why overcapping resists isn't very useful in current date POE.

"Players have -9%/11% max resistances" map mod will always lower your resistances, you CAN raise your max resist a bit but not by a lot (for example Soul of Steel anointment gives +1% to maximum resistances), overcapped resists do nothing for this mod.

"Players are cursed with elemental weakness" map mod can be countered by overcapping resists by 35% if I remember correctly? Or you can just use a warding flask... 1 flask affix vs tons of extra resists on your gear, you know which one is more efficient. Especially since this affix can be crafted through bestiary / Einhar so it's super cheap and easy to get on whichever flask you want.

"
chapppy wrote:
As for curses, we have flasks for that. I wouldnt know it when I'm cursed anyways so would panic all flasks regardless.
There is an icon if you're cursed just below your aura bar, all the debuffs show there, good idea to look at it if you feel something is "off" (don't be like Quinn who RIP on hc to corrupted blood lol, and even had an anti-bleed flask ready).

I would always have a spare warding flask on characters that are not immune to temp chains because it's a massive pita to clear a temp chains map without curse immunity. And it's a pretty common mod on higher level maps.
my current build of this seems to be hitting a wall, metamorphs and conqs die too slow. I have some currency to invest but I notice the authors gear is very different compared to what he says in the guide and not sure if its worth it now lol.

Anyone can look at my character and give advice?
just wondering how important the 10% increased area of effect is on toxic rain quality. Is it a dps upgrade that allows bosses to get hit by more pods or is it just a minor thing?
"
Fraktal_ wrote:
my current build of this seems to be hitting a wall, metamorphs and conqs die too slow. I have some currency to invest but I notice the authors gear is very different compared to what he says in the guide and not sure if its worth it now lol.

I imagine we're talking about the "Longranged" trickster in Metamorph right?

Doesn't matter which version of build you use, there are some things that will never change.

1. Buy lvl 21 toxic rain gem.
2. Buy at least rank 3 empower (rank 4 if rich), you have rank 2.
3. Gather currency to upgrade to +3 bow from your +2.
4. Change amulet from talisman to an amulet that has 1 or more from the following: chaos damage over time multiplier, +1 to all dexterity skill gems, +1 to all chaos skill gems. Anoint it with something useful of your choice (I see you're pathing towards corruption so you'll probably pick that?)
5. If you're rich, get a watcher's eye with useful mods.
6. You have 2 flasks "of acceleration" while none "of reflexes", I'd get one of these especially if you play with queen of the forest (you need that evasion buff to get max movement speed from qotf).
7. Your quiver has neither chaos damage over time multiplier nor general damage over time multiplier, all it has is life, 2 resists and crafted attack speed - definitely could be upgraded.
8. Instead of praxis ring you can get one with temple mod or crafted elreon's mod for the same -mana cost, but get more useful stats on a ring.
9. You can get a helmet enchant (even if it's not toxic rain one, but for example reduced reservation of an aura allowing to squeeze in another aura).
10. You can get gloves with chaos damage over time multiplier.
11. You can use stygian vise instead of crystal belt.
12. You can also use awakened supports for toxic rain, especially vicious projectiles and void manipulation.

Basically you can get straight upgrades on every non-unique slot (and praxis ring). You would definitely see improvement with gear upgrades, just shop smart and check what you can get for affordable prices.

"
Deceasd91 wrote:
just wondering how important the 10% increased area of effect is on toxic rain quality. Is it a dps upgrade that allows bosses to get hit by more pods or is it just a minor thing?
Yes, increasing area of pods helps with overlap of them, so it's definitely a useful stat but if you have a choice between 20/20 and 21/0 I'd still pick the extra level, the goal is to get toxic rain to highest possible rank, it's the prime way of scaling damage in this build.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 9, 2020, 5:35:20 PM
"
Fraktal_ wrote:

My suggestions are:
* Look for a better quiver with +multiplier
* get at least empower 3, ideally 4
* toxic rain 21
* swap mirage archer for swift affliction
* drop mana flask for dying sun or witchfire
* ring/amulets could also use upgrades when you get currency, but I would do the above first

Check PoB with your char and see what DPS you are doing, atm I'm doing just over 1M and seems OK for most content for kill speed (probably a bit slow for most people, but it works). My main problem is occasional survivability, however I think heavy chaos dmg effects are just how it goes with this build as there's a couple map bosses that no matter what I do just seem to drain my life and I die. Otherwise 60k evasion tanks pretty much everything else.

I'm thinking about trying a different build with CI and energy shield, but I guess it would be quite a different build.
"
droshi wrote:
I'm thinking about trying a different build with CI and energy shield, but I guess it would be quite a different build.
Not a bad idea, there was another person a page or 2 ago who also thought about it (Chepok), trickster is definitely viable to be played either CI or hybrid, however with plethora of chaos damage this league hybrid builds suffer from chaos damage going straight to their small life pool and skipping completely ES layer of defense.

Since ES nodes and chaos nodes are mostly on the same side of the tree, and then Scion ES nodes are close to the increased effect duration cluster, I could see the synergy here.

I've seen a few pages ago people experiment with awakener jewel with big or very big radius on various Scion area jewel slots, there's probably a few good combos with that.
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
droshi wrote:
Not a bad idea, there was another person a page or 2 ago who also thought about it (Chepok), trickster is definitely viable to be played either CI or hybrid, however with plethora of chaos damage this league hybrid builds suffer from chaos damage going straight to their small life pool and skipping completely ES layer of defense.

Since ES nodes and chaos nodes are mostly on the same side of the tree, and then Scion ES nodes are close to the increased effect duration cluster, I could see the synergy here.

I've seen a few pages ago people experiment with awakener jewel with big or very big radius on various Scion area jewel slots, there's probably a few good combos with that.
I figure you'd be better off keeping a bunch of life and pickup up Shavronne's Wrappings, then use the Thread of Hope to get Phase Acro. Should give you enough EHP to tank the bigger hits. I find I need to be over 7k EHP for most things, and that's not easy to come by running straight ES. 'Course, you are giving up a fair bit of ES by not having any Evasion on your chest...
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
I've switched over to the perfect form just to see how it feels, so far not bad. Definitely a bit slower with the reduction in MS from Qotf, haven't noticed the change in tankiness, but I also never had issues in maps anyway! Big thing will be whether having over 7k ehp now will stop any of the sirus/metamorph 1 shots.

Speaking of sirus, does anyone have any build specific advice or changes they make for the fight? I only switch to a few more health flasks with status immunities. Generally the build seems to handle the fight well, unless i brick it with stairs (yay for patch) or storms. Last phase takes a while, but that's as a result of running around a lot and the build having acceptable but not high single target. I still need a +1 ammy and some other upgrades that might help out too.
Last edited by Quantised on Jan 9, 2020, 7:32:08 PM
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I figure you'd be better off keeping a bunch of life and pickup up Shavronne's Wrappings, then use the Thread of Hope to get Phase Acro. Should give you enough EHP to tank the bigger hits. I find I need to be over 7k EHP for most things, and that's not easy to come by running straight ES. 'Course, you are giving up a fair bit of ES by not having any Evasion on your chest...
I don't see much point of going Shav's / low life instead of CI on an attack based build. If you play spells (for example miner or essence drain) you can get 30% more damage by playing low life from pain attunement, but for attack based build the benefit is 1-2 extra auras at the price of not being immune to chaos?

Going straight CI except the fact it makes you stop worrying about chaos damage and poison and respective immunities / resists, also allows you to craft a chest that will provide much more stats (especially high evasion chest or hybrid). For characters that don't benefit from the evasion on chest like Occultists and Saboteurs that's obviously not a concern.

You can also craft random juicy mods like the one that makes enemies explode on death or the "physical damage taken as chaos".

You probably wanna do something like this guy:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/chielz/Murder_MetaChaos
(And yes, he has awakener jewel for phase acro too.)

P.S. Getting 7k ES with discipline isn't very hard with budget gear. Getting 10k and more, yeah that requires heavy investment. If I POB import my semi scuffed Occultist and respec it to Trickster it only loses about 200 ES for being different class and that's even without optimizing chest for evasion, and ends up at 7,6k ES with super budget gear and lvl 85.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 9, 2020, 8:02:18 PM
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
grimjack68 wrote:
I don't see much point of going Shav's / low life instead of CI on an attack based build. If you play spells (for example miner or essence drain) you can get 30% more damage by playing low life from pain attunement, but for attack based build the benefit is 1-2 extra auras at the price of not being immune to chaos?

Going straight CI except the fact it makes you stop worrying about chaos damage and poison and respective immunities / resists, also allows you to craft a chest that will provide much more stats (especially high evasion chest or hybrid). For characters that don't benefit from the evasion on chest like Occultists and Saboteurs that's obviously not a concern.

You can also craft random juicy mods like the one that makes enemies explode on death or the "physical damage taken as chaos".

You probably wanna do something like this guy:
https://poe.ninja/challenge/builds/char/chielz/Murder_MetaChaos
(And yes, he has awakener jewel for phase acro too.)

P.S. Getting 7k ES with discipline isn't very hard with budget gear. Getting 10k and more, yeah that requires heavy investment. If I POB import my semi scuffed Occultist and respec it to Trickster it only loses about 200 ES for being different class and that's even without optimizing chest for evasion, and ends up at 7,6k ES with super budget gear and lvl 85.
I wasn't thinking about low life tho, I was thinking about hybrid life / ES. Stacking them both should make it trivially easy to get well above the 7k one-shot barrier, and Shav's ensures it works against chaos damage too. Tho I'm not sure there are any big chaos damage hits, all the ones I've run into recently are degen.

You could just stack life, of course, but ES doesn't need flasks to recharge, and if we can keep our life at 100% and tank things using ES, we can keep using Damage on full life.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info