(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
chapppy wrote:
What gems should be level 21?

ToxicRain, Steelskin, and?

Also, with a lvl 21 gem, is it still possible to increase the quality of it?
If not, which ones are ok leaving it at 0% quality?
The only ones that are critical are Toxic Rain and Empower to level 4. Enlighten to 4 is really nice. The rest of them are nice to have, but not that big of a deal either way.

You cannot increase quality after you have corrupted a gem, so you need to do it before. Typically I start with 0/0 gems, level them to 20, then either use gem cutters prisms to boost their quality to 20, or sell them with a single GCP to get a 0/20 gem and level them back to 20 again.

The first way is fast. The second way is cheap.

Once you have them at 20/20, then you vaal them and hope for the increased level.

It's possible to get them to 21/23, but it's not easy.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
What is the best way to isolate two suffixes? I tried alt until i get it then one regal to get the other but i cant hit it, any other method?
"
nabilfares5 wrote:
What is the best way to isolate two suffixes? I tried alt until i get it then one regal to get the other but i cant hit it, any other method?

I went the expensive method - when I hit either max DOT or attack speed, I would then augment & regal. Gave me two shots at hitting a good one. Then, if you're lucky, you got both attack speed & DOT as suffixes > lock suffixes > scour off prefix > and now you're ready to craft. Adds an extra 2ex to the craft, but can save your sanity after 5,000 alterations.

I ended up with this (need to divine it some more), but pretty decent for 14ex invested.

"
PincheRed wrote:
"
nabilfares5 wrote:

I went the expensive method - when I hit either max DOT or attack speed, I would then augment & regal. Gave me two shots at hitting a good one. Then, if you're lucky, you got both attack speed & DOT as suffixes > lock suffixes > scour off prefix > and now you're ready to craft. Adds an extra 2ex to the craft, but can save your sanity after 5,000 alterations.

I ended up with this (need to divine it some more), but pretty decent for 14ex invested.

That's an interesting method... I was considering using the beastcraft imprint, annul, and hope it takes the prefix. Craicic Chimerals are just over 100c at the moment, so averages should put the cost for this route at ~150c, but could, if RNG intervenes, be anything from 100c to many hundreds.

I think I like your idea better. A bit higher cost, but essentially it comes with a guarantee!
"
KrJeebus wrote:
So do these items give me diminishing DPS returns because of inc chaos damage?
Diminishing returns doesn't mean "it lowers your dps", it means "it keeps increasing your dps but the more you stack of that stat, the smaller impact it will have on overall dps". And yes, you're right that any build will already have decent amount of "increased damage" from the tree.

Having a lot of "increased damage" is better than not having any dps stat, but having it instead of a different stat that also increased dps might not be as efficient. You wanna be 100% sure POB 2 items and check what gives you better damage.

For example fossil crafting a belt can give you increased chaos damage and there aren't many other dps stats you can slot there (maybe increased flask effectiveness, but this build doesn't rely on dps flasks much).

But amulet, if you have a choice between chaos multi and increased chaos, I would pick chaos multi.

And especially the question about talismans, I hate them because they're corrupted. Unless you make your own with Jorgin in syndicate (risking bricking the item), you end up with item that cannot be crafted on, cannot be anointed, cannot be modified in any way.

But the amulet you have with +1 to dex gems is probably worth it even if it doesn't have chaos multi, hopefully GGG will fix the bug that requires you to weapon swap / gem swap every map to activate the amulet bonus, bonuses to gems are something you can only reliably get from weapon and amulet so it's not possible to "overstack them".
"
PincheRed wrote:
"
nabilfares5 wrote:

I used this method as well. After 2k alts to get both suffixes, I was not prepared to gamble another 2k to get it, so decided to just lock suffix and scour it. Finally ended with this

Pretty happy for now. Just looking for glove and quiver upgrades. As well as a dot multi watchers eye.

Btw, if you notice the build is slightly different, its following another person that commented in this thread named Sunw1sh. I liked the changes he made and lets me use Carcass Jack instead of The Perfect Form and still have Phase Acro
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
"
noldz wrote:
I have 20ex to start this build.

Possible craft a bow or buy one?

buy one (make a live search maybe or buy the best/cheapest)

without level 4 empower:
+1 gems + 2 bow gems + damage over time multi + t1 crafted chaos damage over time multi (+ attack speed optional)

with level 4 empower:
+1 gems + 2 support gems (crafted) + damage over time multi + t1 crafted chaos damage over time multi (+ attack speed optional)

Which of these two is better? I am assuming that the empower 4 version is?
Last edited by Hornibifida on Jan 9, 2020, 4:24:34 AM
"
Hornibifida wrote:
"
Tannhauser1 wrote:
"
noldz wrote:
I have 20ex to start this build.

Possible craft a bow or buy one?

buy one (make a live search maybe or buy the best/cheapest)

without level 4 empower:
+1 gems + 2 bow gems + damage over time multi + t1 crafted chaos damage over time multi (+ attack speed optional)

with level 4 empower:
+1 gems + 2 support gems (crafted) + damage over time multi + t1 crafted chaos damage over time multi (+ attack speed optional)

Which of these two is better? I am assuming that the empower 4 version is?
Yes, the bow with +2 support gems and level 4 empower is the higher damage option.
Guys, what are your resistances? I've seen many of you have resistances only on jewellery and belts, sometimes on gloves and quivers. I do have resistances on gloves, belt, rings and quiver and my resistances are kinda weak. My res are 78% lightning, 91% cold and fire res is not even capped (68%), chaos res is -14%. How do you deal with them?
Last edited by kupsegrzejnik on Jan 9, 2020, 7:12:43 AM
Hello!
Just wanna say thx for the build, i did it as starter and loved it!
I did Sirus level 1,2,3,4 and jumped to level 8 after getting my Empower lv4!

Thx again !

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info