(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

What resistance do we aim for?
I somehow got 80-100, but I heard I'm suppose to be getting 110ish.

Also what about chaos resist?
"
Viktranka wrote:
"
KrJeebus wrote:
So do these items give me diminishing DPS returns because of inc chaos damage?
Diminishing returns doesn't mean "it lowers your dps", it means "it keeps increasing your dps but the more you stack of that stat, the smaller impact it will have on overall dps". And yes, you're right that any build will already have decent amount of "increased damage" from the tree.

Having a lot of "increased damage" is better than not having any dps stat, but having it instead of a different stat that also increased dps might not be as efficient. You wanna be 100% sure POB 2 items and check what gives you better damage.

For example fossil crafting a belt can give you increased chaos damage and there aren't many other dps stats you can slot there (maybe increased flask effectiveness, but this build doesn't rely on dps flasks much).

But amulet, if you have a choice between chaos multi and increased chaos, I would pick chaos multi.

And especially the question about talismans, I hate them because they're corrupted. Unless you make your own with Jorgin in syndicate (risking bricking the item), you end up with item that cannot be crafted on, cannot be anointed, cannot be modified in any way.

But the amulet you have with +1 to dex gems is probably worth it even if it doesn't have chaos multi, hopefully GGG will fix the bug that requires you to weapon swap / gem swap every map to activate the amulet bonus, bonuses to gems are something you can only reliably get from weapon and amulet so it's not possible to "overstack them".

This is very helpful. Thank you and grimjack for the explanation. I was missing some DPS and didn't see that I was not getting the +1 dex from my amulet! Hope GGG will fix this soon.

I haven't gotten the chance to do dps calculation, but in most cases we take regular dot multiplier over inc chaos damage right?

"
chapppy wrote:

Like seriously, where do people "hear" from that you should overcap resists so much? That's such a waste. Just use a warding flask for ele weakness maps (enduring mana, stibnite, anything else with decent amount of charges). Especially for a spec that doesn't play with wise oak resist balance because it's not an elemental damage spec.

Chaos resist is useful for awakener and metamorphs, you can get some as long as it doesn't break the other aspects of your gearing.

"
kupsegrzejnik wrote:
My res are 78% lightning, 91% cold and fire res is not even capped (68%),
So you have 16% cold too much and 7% too little fire. That could be fixed with shopping for items with better allocation of resists. Worst case scenario if you can't, respec 2 points into survivalist that should cap you.
Have someone tried ES version of that build with some good rolled Sadist Garb? Worth trying? Or CJ, TPF and QotF are better? I want to try out, but I don't know if it would be worth it.
"
KrJeebus wrote:
I was missing some DPS and didn't see that I was not getting the +1 dex from my amulet! Hope GGG will fix this soon.
Should be fixed in 3.9.2 whenever it's deployed.
I expect this line from the patch notes to indicate that:
"
Fixed the new influence gem level mods incorrectly snapshotting.

"
KrJeebus wrote:
I haven't gotten the chance to do dps calculation, but in most cases we take regular dot multiplier over inc chaos damage right?
"Chaos damage over time multiplier" and "damage over time multiplier" both should have the same value for the build, and you can have both on bow / quiver nowadays, not sure about other slots.

For example on jewels you can only have +4% multiplier but 13% increased chaos, as I said best way would be to POB check with your character, import both items and see which one gives you bigger benefit with your current gear / distribution of stats.
"
Chepok wrote:
Have someone tried ES version of that build with some good rolled Sadist Garb? Worth trying? Or CJ, TPF and QotF are better? I want to try out, but I don't know if it would be worth it.
You can definitely try it, but if you're stacking ES instead of evasion then I'm not sure if Qotf would make sense. You will need to alter the tree to pick more ES nodes and no life nodes, probably path to Corruption manually to pick ES wheel there and skip some stuff somewhere else. Due to escape artist you still want lots of evasion on chest, either as pure evasion or hybrid es / evasion.

If you want phase acro without perfect form and without acro (so you don't cut your ES by 30%), you can put "thread of hope" awakener jewel in the "lioneye fall" spot above acro, with "small ring" radius allows to pick Phase Acro, Hunter's Gambit and Silent Steps within that ring.

A well rolled rare is probably the best solution, if you go CI you could even try to go for hunter-influenced chest with "15% of physical damage taken as chaos" mod, that will literally be 15% physical reduction for you.

You will probably want to use soul strike quiver though, so unfortunately no juicy dot multi mods from there.

P.S. Also "unaffected by bleed while affected by malevolence" watcher's eye will make even more sense and make sure to get anti-ignite flask, bleed & ignite can really ruin ES recharge.
Last edited by Viktranka on Jan 9, 2020, 12:13:55 PM

First time posting hope this works.

I started the league 2 weeks ago. This is where I am currently at and trying to finish atlas. My question is where should I go from here. I have 400 chaos and 1 ex to work with.

Is there something I should upgrade now or should I keep saving for empower 4 or buy/ craft a better bow. I bought the current bow for 6 ex. Clearly it's missing a desired stat but with empower 3 it was a large dps upgrade.

Thanks!

Oooo. That Multi with Frenzy is smart. And I already have a GGBB boots. Saves me the hassle of aiming for a GBBB...unless I need Clarity.

~~~

For amulet anointment, what are some suggested ones I should aim for?

~~~

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
chapppy wrote:

Like seriously, where do people "hear" from that you should overcap resists so much?

Thanks. I'll just aim for 80ish then.

I just googled "poe resist" and clicked a few links.

I did overcap for map mods. But when I actually came across a map with it, my resists were still down to 68% (even the one with 100 something resist) so wondered if I did something wrong.

As for curses, we have flasks for that. I wouldnt know it when I'm cursed anyways so would panic all flasks regardless.
Last edited by chapppy on Jan 9, 2020, 1:15:02 PM
"
chapppy wrote:

Oooo. That Multi with Frenzy is smart. And I already have a GGBB boots. Saves me the hassle of aiming for a GBBB...unless I need Clarity.

~~~

For amulet anointment, what are some suggested ones I should aim for?

~~~

"
Viktranka wrote:
"
chapppy wrote:

Like seriously, where do people "hear" from that you should overcap resists so much?

Thanks. I'll just aim for 80ish then.

I just googled "poe resist" and clicked a few links.

I did overcap for map mods. But when I actually came across a map with it, my resists were still down to 68% (even the one with 100 something resist) so wondered if I did something wrong.

As for curses, we have flasks for that. I wouldnt know it when I'm cursed anyways so would panic all flasks regardless.

I ran GMP with my frenzy / COH setup for a while, however, the only times we need the frenzy charges is against bosses, and that's always single target, so I pulled it back out again.

For annointments, Corruption is the most popular. Personally, I pathed to Corruption and annointed Potency of Will.

For resists, folks either overcap to compensate for elemental weakness maps, or run a curse immunity flask. Personally, I prefer the flask method - it covers a lot of other cases as well as elemental weakness. If you have a curse flask, you don't care about elemental weakness or temporal chains, and I like being able to run temp chains normally.

I try to have all flasks active at all times. Sometimes, if mobs aren't dense enough, I'll run without them for a short period just before the boss to ensure I have them available for the boss, but for the most part, they are always full.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.
"
seacove wrote:

First time posting hope this works.

I started the league 2 weeks ago. This is where I am currently at and trying to finish atlas. My question is where should I go from here. I have 400 chaos and 1 ex to work with.

Is there something I should upgrade now or should I keep saving for empower 4 or buy/ craft a better bow. I bought the current bow for 6 ex. Clearly it's missing a desired stat but with empower 3 it was a large dps upgrade.

Thanks!
Your bow is fine. We've got guys done all content on a bow very similar.

I'd suggest switching to a Stygian Vise belt, gives you an extra jewel socket.

Flasks can use some work as well. No need for dual freeze flasks, your quicksilver could be better - we don't get hit much - quality 20 them all, and you don't have one with an increased evasion affix. A witchfire brew or dying sun would help.
Current league IGN: Teldra_Anc_LAD
Feel free to message me in game if I'm on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info