(3.14) Toxic Rain + Caustic Arrow | 5-10m Sirus DPS | Fast + Durable | 50c Budget/SSF Uber Elder

"
victorlee wrote:
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/victorlee/characters

Any advice for my character? Mostly a finished build and I doubt I will fund another character this league. Recently found lvl 4 Enlighten and Inspired Learning.

Some current goals of mine: Switch to CWDT - IC (for lower str req and I can get rid of it on jewelry for other rolls). Get higher -mana cost rings. Look for amulet with +1 chaos and -mana cost. Upgrade to Stygian. Basically just minor upgrades in all slots I suppose?

Things i'll upgrade ( from cheapest to most expensive) :

Stygian Belt ,Amulet with +1 to all dext for lvl 29 toxic rain, Quiver with chaos dmg over time + dmg over time + AS, Watcher's eye with +% dmg over time, bow with 1.6+ AS. And the big bonus could be an amulet with +1 chaos/+1 dext, it's my next goal.

But you have a very good character now, it's just if you realy want to max it, i did it, i can updrage some things lke always but it will be way too expensive.
Crafting Question. I managed to roll the quiver below. T1 Multi, T1 Chaos Multi, and a decent resist which I actually do need. I was thinking it may make sense to craft suffixes cannot be changed and scour it. The problem is, I cannot add cannot roll attack modifiers so a ton of the results from any slams are terrible and pointless. I would obviously like more life, but I am not sure it is worth the several exalt cost.

Last edited by equil101 on Jan 13, 2020, 8:45:49 PM
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate any feedback on my TR trickster. My main issue is bossing; I can't really stay alive or do enough damage to deal with bosses. Thanks!
"
Dogework wrote:
Hey guys, I'd really appreciate any feedback on my TR trickster. My main issue is bossing; I can't really stay alive or do enough damage to deal with bosses. Thanks!

Thanks to HP and Resistance buffs in 3.9 this is how the build works now, you will struggle with bosses. Nothing you can do about it than reroll.
Can someone recommend me a next upgrade to focus on? Obv. I still need level 4 Enlighten but I am currently 3ex short.

"
chubbseN wrote:
Can someone recommend me a next upgrade to focus on? Obv. I still need level 4 Enlighten but I am currently 3ex short.

i think get +1 all dex/chaos skills in amulet with dot multi and/or minus mana cost, Stygian Vise, dot multi on gloves. find ring to replace your sapphire to include HP along with res/minus mana cost.

quality your chest, helmet, gloves, and boots.
My personal 3.9. Toxic Rain journey until now....

But before I start I wanted to give a big thanks to the guide creator and all the persons here who try to help others and have "new" or "other" ideas, too.
That said, I hope some of you guys out there that want to min-max the char a little bit can get some help from my journey and ideas.

I started this build in 3.9, because I had no time to do it last league. After more then 4 years of POE I have to say the leveling with like no gear from start of the league was a breeze. After hitting maps I decided to go with a Carcass Jack for more damage instead of more speed with the Queen. I crafted my first +3 Bow (easy craft) and had no big problems with most of the content. That was the point where I realy felt that carcass jack is the better option, because of the life and damage the metamorphs and bosses have now.

Between level 80 and 90 I thought I had to get a little more damage, so I started to alt/aug/regal bows. Hit the first with iAS at arround 2k alt, and the second probably 4k alts later. But as you got like 14-16 alts per chaos at the beginning, that wasnt that much of a problem :D

After that a guy named "Hasunic" I think, made another Toxic Rain Trickster Guide here on the forums - big thx to him, too. Its not that much different to this one, but he decided to take a "better" tree (if you ask me and POB), and the best thing he did was using a RARE chestpiece. He used like a 2k Evasion - 400 ES Body Armour with the mod "Gaining 10% of max life as extra ES" to have app. 5k life with 3.7k ES without investing to much - siurs deathless a joke !

I liked some of his ideas, especialy the RARE BODY ARMOUR idea, and started to get my ideas going in my Toxic Rainer. That was as example, that I saw no big gain in taking the 50% GRACE Aura, because the 25% FLESH AND STONE is not far behind if you look at defense and not on speed. Further I wanted to put in ASPECT of THE SPIDER from the beginning to get the "15% more DPS" for single target and the great slow of all monster all the time.

After gathering toghether enough currency I tried to craft my dream chest for mapping (a little bit like Hasunic did, too), and I only took my defensive chest piece for sirus, if at all, because even with my mapping body armour I have 5k life and 3,3k ES. The goal was to get the Explode Mod + Frenzy Charge on Hit mod + an open prefix for the "10% ES gain from life roll". Until now I allready crafted 3 of these chest, and they all went pretty nice.

I would love if you guys have the time to look at my "NagashThePlagueBearer" character and maybe get some ideas to work on, because I still have some left for my char, too.

1. Get good "corrupted" TEMP CHAINS on hit gloves and Whispers of Doom on the Amulet. That way we get even more slow and a big junk of increased time for our damage over time.

2. Another option would be to get the cheap new "LARGE UNIQUE JEWEL". If you put that one in the socket besids Harrier, it gives you the big ES Node, 2+ 25% skill effect duration, and the BIG evasion node on the right.

Ok, thats it for the moment, and I rly hope I am able to bring you guys some other (more) ideas to work on this great build and guide.

Edit: I put in my gear to look for you, even if there is still some room for improvement, for sure. And yes, the second body armour is the defensive one for sirus (not needed anymore) and the second pair of boots I use for maps with burning, shocking or chilled ground (Hasunic idea).

Best of luck for all of you the rest of the leauge,

Nagash

Last edited by Nágash on Jan 14, 2020, 10:50:19 AM
does any1 wanna buy gear from fully geared character? that has quite alot more dmg life/es etc.. then the guide ?:), 3 auras, 7.8k hp/es etc..
Last edited by uniqued on Jan 14, 2020, 11:31:30 AM
Hi, i'm new to the build. I'm starting this build tonight.
What gems do i level during the leveling process in my "weapon swap" slots?
Some builds require you to drag some extra gems during leveling to corrupt or w/e in endgame. Its efficient for people without allot of time :) !

Probably been asked before, but what's the opinion about Maloney's quiver, noob trap ?

Wondering if the total % dot multi from a rare quiver is better in the long run than, let's say, free frenzy charges generation + curse on hit (perma despair without relying on the flask, or maybe even temp chains for slowing down shit even more?)

I don't run Frenzy/CoH in my setup, not a fan of using multiple skills in the midst of battle. I've been curious and kinda want to buy one to test myself.

edit: Talking more about bossing. Running maps, clear is fast enough for Witchfire to stay up nearly all the time, but bosses having higher HP now...
Last edited by Narcalus on Jan 15, 2020, 9:39:39 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info