Continuous disconnections while loading areas. Please Fix

Xbox One, 49GB free, wired connection, DC Server

Large enemy encounters- crash; ~50% of time loading new area for first time- crash, ~30% of time using waypoint back to encampment- crash (not when going from encampment to area), ~50% of memory fragments- crash or lag so long memory goop grabs me before I am off pedestal; super stutter startup screen; longer than normal load times
Xbox One
142.4 GB Free (60.9% Used)
612 MB Download
53.7 MB Upload
42ms Latency
0% Packet Loss
Wired Connection
Washington DC Server

Game on Load will freeze during the GGG logo loading. Once the Start screen load and you select your character ~50% time it will not load the town and error with unknown disconnection error. If it does load, when trying to use Waypoint to area ~75% time it will not load and crash to Start Screen. ~10% of the time it will crash out to the Dashboard. The game has become basically unplayable with all the crashes.

It is evident that this is affecting multiple different system with varying drive space, connections. This is pretty obviously a game issue across the board with the download or a issue with the servers. Any fix would be greatly appreciated as I love this game and I know others do as well, but no help is not helping your fanbase on X-Box and with PS4 coming out in two weeks this is absolutely unacceptable to your loyal X-Box players.

Thanks everyone for the provided information. We'll continue to investigate these issues tomorrow morning when we resume our work day and try to address them as quickly as possible.
Same issue. Cannot connect to game. Keep getting disconnection error after selecting character
same here : lag/freezes on every first mobs encounter when entering a new zone , lag/freezes in town when 3 or 4 people have their " shiny " mtx on
and also craches to dashboard during loading screen at least 1time/hour ( those crashes with buzzing sound that came with delve league...)

playing on xbox one S with only poe installed on , wired , london server
Something that may be helpful:

I had the horrible lag issues on 2 of 3 Xbox Ones. The only difference between them is that the one with only mild issues (disconnects) uses an external HD for storing games.

As a test, I connected an external HD to one of the boxes that was having the lag issues and the game was actually playable. There are still lag spikes(less than a second) but it is not anywhere near as bad as using the internal storage.
Just wanted to report on this in case others wants to try it. After the last couple of days with the continously disconnecting or crashing to dashboard, yesterday night I tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it fresh on my xbox one. This morning when I tried playing the situation improved by a lot, no random disconnections or crashes just yet.. Lag is still there but much more playable than it was.
Again I don't know if there was something wrong with the update files that the fresh installation solved or if GGG did something overnight, just wanted to share.
Well, that might also be the same reason as from phredesign, by using thre external, he probably used a different installation.

I've seen many many post from Jeff mentioniong this, seems your installation files have reached a bad state, try reinstalling. Usually after patches. I also installed several times new and also remember when friends had constant crashes, reinstalling helped, like if they had specific zones they could never load, like kitava, a reinstall fixed that.

Luckily I have no traffic limitation at my isp, so I will just do a reinstall, but suggesting this as a fix to guys who already exceeded their traffic limit to download the game again, would really be bad.
@ Filix
Hi, thanks for your input, I agree with you that a reinstall is not a proper fix, and I don't think it is fair for those without unlimited Internet as well.
Also wanted to add that the reinstall fixed the disconnect and crash issues for the most part, but the lag spikes upon entering new areas is still there, as the mtx misrepresentation and some weird glitch involving soul rend turning enemies into black polygons...

Definitely this has been the worst launch since I started playing poe on xbox, many bugs, glitches, crashes, but until we hear more from GGG I am glad I can at least play after the reinstall.
"
Damonkain wrote:
Just wanted to report on this in case others wants to try it. After the last couple of days with the continously disconnecting or crashing to dashboard, yesterday night I tried uninstalling the game completely and reinstalling it fresh on my xbox one. This morning when I tried playing the situation improved by a lot, no random disconnections or crashes just yet.. Lag is still there but much more playable than it was.
Again I don't know if there was something wrong with the update files that the fresh installation solved or if GGG did something overnight, just wanted to share.

I tried this as well after a completely unplayable morning- it worked well for an hour and a half or so and then back to disconnecting frequently- though better than before the reinstall.
Last edited by LethalLethargy on Mar 13, 2019, 1:46:36 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info