Synthesis Week 1: What We're Working On

"
Distant Memories can sometimes spawn on top of or beside planned Memories, which ruins the plan. This is a tricky one because...
If we could plan Memories all at once from the Nexus, that would help a lot. Make it so that we can finalize our plans without visiting the adjacent zones to all of them. This would make the gameplay feel so much smoother, we could really plan everything from the Nexus and then run the planned routes whenever we wanted. Something like a "finalize" button on the Memory Map page.

This would also remove the necessity for the "exploit" where you travel forward and delete then replace memories behind you. Like if you're on a memory chain out from the nexus:

N - 1a - 2a - 3a - 4a - 5a

and you walk from Nexus to 1a to 2a, currently the best strategy is sometimes to, while you're in 2a, delete 1a and replace it with a new memory 1b. This does not feel like it should work, but it is by far the optimal way to do things in a lot of cases. Very unintuitive.
builds: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1663570/
"
Sarno wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
There needs to be more of a delay before the decay starts moving at the beginning of a decaying Memory.

Yup, RNG really feels bad sometimes.

Loving Synthesis so far! Thanks for working hard on it. :)

This is a horrible league, people like you are why we cant have nice things. Blindly supporting GGG and praising them even when they do a bad job is why things won't get improved.
No one cares about standard. It's literally a recycle bin, just press empty.
Cool.. Cool... the real question is.. When do we get the mystery boxes? I really want u guys to take my money!
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Distant Memories can sometimes spawn on top of or beside planned Memories, which ruins the plan. This is a tricky one because the obvious solution of not having Distant Memories spawn on or next to your plan both introduces something akin to Sextant blocking and also means that you are getting fewer rewards near the path you actually intend to take. We feel that if we made this change that it'd both encourage blocking abuse and also reduce the rewards that players actually receive. Having said that, we know that the current situation of plans being invalidated feels bad. The solution needs more consideration.

IMO just removing the existence of planned memories would be a good thing for the system. Just have them be immediately active when placed. Not only would it solve this, but it removes the awful feeling of having to be in place to activate them manually in order to maintain your memory chains (especially awful when you need to do this in another decaying memory).

I agree with this. Making it so left clicking a planned memory places it permanently would go a step even further towards it feeling better.
*You call into the void. You hear a sound in the distance.*
"
Felix35071 wrote:
"
viperesque wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
Distant Memories can sometimes spawn on top of or beside planned Memories, which ruins the plan. This is a tricky one because the obvious solution of not having Distant Memories spawn on or next to your plan both introduces something akin to Sextant blocking and also means that you are getting fewer rewards near the path you actually intend to take. We feel that if we made this change that it'd both encourage blocking abuse and also reduce the rewards that players actually receive. Having said that, we know that the current situation of plans being invalidated feels bad. The solution needs more consideration.

IMO just removing the existence of planned memories would be a good thing for the system. Just have them be immediately active when placed. Not only would it solve this, but it removes the awful feeling of having to be in place to activate them manually in order to maintain your memory chains (especially awful when you need to do this in another decaying memory).

I agree with this. Making it so left clicking a planned memory places it permanently would go a step even further towards it feeling better.

I 3rd this, the planning thing in essence does nothing, it does allow for a small amount of memory offloading for the player, but with our inventory only being 10 it doesn't really do much or enough. If our inventory was say 30, the memory offloading of the planning mechanic would be nice.
"

Allow us to delete them at least we can block if we can't choose
What about the bug that makes you unable to enter the Memory nexus with your second character, when you didnt enter any memory fragments until maps? Destroyed the league mechanik for my second char...
Extremely demoralizing for standard players who are being actively punished at this point. I like the atlas shuffling a lot but a solution for map tabs should have been a prerequisite when deciding to shuffle every league. But it's not even being worked on in the second league since that decision, apparently.
Vendoring 1000s of maps is not very fun.
Love the new toughness and challenge of the mobs, rares, and uniques - makes the game better
So you are still not working on melee buffs but continue to have a spell-only meta that is making the game insufferable ? Great. I hope your entire company goes bankrupt.
GGG refuses to buff Melee and gives every surivability tool to Spell/Ranged/Minion Builds because they dont play the game or at least melee themself.
[Removed by Support]
-The Truth

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info