Will there be a new atlas every league now?

Well .. .

Time + effort = maps

3 months later:

Your time + Your effort + Your maps = We dont care about it(GGG)...

Thanks i've bought map stash tab to keep maps from Betrayal. AT 25/jun/19.. FFS

"
Gnbb wrote:
Well .. .

Time + effort = maps

3 months later:

Your time + Your effort + Your maps = We dont care about it(GGG)...

I think it's interesting people haven't paid that much attention on retroactive nerfs on unique items, because basically nerfing items on ground and making those changes affect player collected items is the same as here -GGG not respecting your effort put into the game. Think about it: there is no policy restraining GGG from, say, nerfing headhunter to useless garbage, then making it also affect all the copies of existing headhunters too. I'm not saying I have a headhunter -I don't- but concept wise GGG has done this many times and there is no official policy which would make any such decissions feel coherent with earlier decissions they made with another unique item.

Why some items get their legacy versions while others don't, is beyond my understanding. Therefore hoarding any items in standard is pretty useless, last time they just decided to keep no legacy version of poet's pen which of course coincidentally broke my poet's pen dual wield build in SSF. Trying to replace it would be a pain if I in fact played PoE these days, a much bigger pain than just junking all the maps in my stash.

Now, I can see the need for those changes on items (though honestly, current crafted rares to me seems to be a much bigger balance problem than any of the uniques, but, oh well). What I really dislike is how a standard player isn't compensated any way for his effort put into the game. Mind you, if it wasn't such a grindy game I could see it, but people really, really grinded for that gear. Seeing it absolutely destroyed and left no legacy version either is one of those big demotivational factors which were played out on me taking a long break from the game. I just feel little sense to collect anything in PoE, and I generally love hoarding uniques in ARPGs.
Last edited by vmt80 on Mar 22, 2019, 8:41:22 PM
"
Manoapun wrote:
"
shishkabob wrote:
So sorry for my newb question here, I don't play standard. So in standard when there is an atlas update you don't get a fresh map tab for the new series of maps unless you buy another one? That doesn't make sense to me, why not just make the old version remove only, and leave a fresh one for the new series of maps when they drop.

Still doesn't address the issue of the appeal to standard as I understand it is so you can play the game at your own pace, and not lose your progression. But resetting the atlas every 3 months doesn't really allow for this, even in standard. Now you are just forcing players to run non rewarding content to get back up to the level of rewarding content they were running before

Yeah you have touched on the two basic issues. Seems like map stash issue is what people are angriest about, as it pertains to $$. In standard you don't get a fresh map tab, so you need to either empty out your old map stash (requiring a large amount of empty general stash to temp store converted new maps and huge PITA) or buy a new one.

Larger gameplay issue (for me at least) is map progress reset every 3 months. Old maps are pretty useless; you can't run master missions and they have no effect on shaper/elder influence. You can at least complete your atlas again (except for T16) by completing an old rare/corrupt T16 map (if I couldn't at least do that I probably would have stopped playing already). So you pretty much need to convert old maps 3-1 and your map pool is decimated. You know, the map pool that pretty much POEs entire endgame is based on. For people that want to shape/influence/sextant their atlas in specific ways, that is now blown away.

Count me among the people who think this is just not going to be fixed. I think GGG has made the financial calculation that this is the way to go, and losing players like me is OK as long as majority are happy. I'm actually fine with it; it's their game and they can make money as they see fit. This is not air or water and there are other games out there. But stringing people along like this is on their radar, that's carp.

At first I assumed GGG would be making an effort to fix this but the more I think about it and the more time goes by without a fix or even a comment, the less I believe they're going to do anything about it.

The fact is, the devs must have known how, adding map series, would affect Standard map taps, yet they chose to proceed with the implementation. Not only that, they did so without making mention of the issue or offering any constructive ways to deal with it. It's just a great big fuck you to those of us who play Standard and bought the map tab in good faith.

I hope I'm wrong and a fix will be forthcoming but right now they seem too busy trying to fix their godawful league.

Going down as the least ethical thing they've done.... to date. Hate to think what's coming next.
It's not a clever decision to have different map versions.

The very bad behavior of map stash tab shows this.

I'll don't spend any more money to POE until the stash tab is fixed.
You are stealing our paid money for the map tab.
GGG stop eating shite and get to work on fixing map tabs
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Every three months seems a bit much. Why not twice a year? I think everyone would win.
"
jlbxcx wrote:
"
Bex_GGG wrote:
We do plan to reshuffle the atlas every expansion. I've spoken to the team about how this can be inconvenient for Standard players. I don't have anything to announce about this at the moment but I've made sure the issue is on their radar. Our apologies for the inconvenience in the meantime.

Every three months seems a bit much. Why not twice a year? I think everyone would win.

I hope they find an even better solution :-)
“Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it.”
― Christopher Hitchens
My QoL List: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/3279646
Last edited by Antigegner on Mar 23, 2019, 8:42:59 AM
Does an Atlas reshuffle necessarily mean a New Map Series every time?

I would like to resume playing Standard. Please resolve this issue as soon as possible.
IGN: Victory_Or_Sovngarde
It's not a 13 week development cycle, it's a 13 week supporter-pack cycle.
You can play any build you want, as long as it's the current meta.
"
Bex_GGG wrote:

Ok, you really do need to find a solution for players like myself. I only have time to actually play maybe 20 hours per week, the rest of the online time I'm AFK. That means temporary leagues are a waste of my time since I dislike levelling and particularly with the crap gear I have to use (I play SSF). After playing for more than 2 years I enjoy playing at a relatively high level with high level characters, level 90 say in red maps. So Standard SSF is place where I can meet my expectations and have some fun and a challenge.

So having to rebuild my map pool every 3 months will be a terrible chore and make the game not worth playing for me. Remember I effectively pay you to play your game, you don't pay me to grind out hours of mindless unrewarding time, like a job can be.

I have 1000's of old maps from 3 previous series and they clutter up my stash tabs which is an organisational pain. So I bought my 3rd map stash yesterday using what credits I had left and started putting my new maps into it hoping to continue playing in Standard for the rest of the league.

Today I logged in and any of the daily missions I wanted to do were all on maps that had no copy of. So I just quit out in frustration. There are so many things wrong with resetting the Atlas for Standard players without addressing the problems this causes many of your loyal playerbase.

It is not a mere inconvenience I can assure you Bex :(

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info