Path of Exile, Gameplay Criticism

*facepalm*
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"

Without the DP people would just plow through the game like destiny 2. We do not want this.

Removing the DP would also make the ladder meaningless. Any old newb can troll the game and throw their body at it until they are the 2 millionth player to hit 100.

I am wondering if anyone has played any other ARPG, where there is no DP. Those are fun for about a week.

We would drown in a sea of bland RPGs if we removed our defining features.

And even the convoluted body retrieval system that is gaining traction with the group of players getting stuck at 90 will be exploited.

This. Death penalty is here for a reason, and gameplay is bad not due to it. Gameplay is bad because 99% of the time it feels like cakewalk, and 1% of the time you have to struggle with all your might out of the blue, or (usually) get killed instantly.
It happens because game has so many multiplicative modifiers (and for enemy damage too), that when stars alighn, you can get a burst for 20x-50x times normal damage. Obviously, if you can possibly survive 20x damage, normal 1x damage will feel like a cakewalk. And 50x is sure death.

Death penalty is here to promote tanky builds. We alredy have PoE dominated by glass cannons. Now imagine what happens, if death penalty does away. 2k HP 2 mil DPS zerging ultra-glasscannons everywhere???
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Jan 18, 2019, 3:59:52 AM
"
In fact, I remember bringing up more effective ways to prevent zerging than current level dependant death XP penalty which also effectively is a regressive mechanic. League racers would in fact be more hurt zerging if their grind for some rule upon death reason was put into a halt for some time. They are so gut that they don't die anyways, so zerging to 100 with a death timer in league slows down only bad players. Do you think this assumption is right or wrong, Johny_Snow?

In the end all of the "suggestions" brought up to change it come from people who want it to be better for themselves, to fit their taste and idea of how the game should be played. But why? Why complicate things when the simple solution is already there and there is no need to change it? As I said before, the death penalty is an integral part of what the game is, without it everything falls apart. If you want to change it AND keep the defensive classes/items relevant then why changing it at all?

"
It's also about whether the game is enjoyable enough to later on get back to it rather than look for a game with no regression. Saying 'you need to work for it' is so utter bullshit from the perspective that games should be enjoyed, not feeling like a household work.

And here are the 2 main reasons why the people against it are so stubborn and narrowminded.

1. The regression exists in multiple online games, particularly in ones with a ranking system. Your rank can regress from 3000 to 2000 for example and you need to work at gaining it again. Yet these games are extremely popular. Furthermore as I've said so many times the so called regression is not as bad as you and the guys like you make it out to be. But will you change your mind? Nope, because as I said completely narrowminded.

2. Why working for it is bad in your mind? So you have a job like the rest of us, congratulations. When you play games you want to be the winner without putting in additional effort. Once again, congratulations. There are plenty of games to fit your canvas. What you are doing is going into a game that is not like that and trying to change it to fit your idea while screw the rest. Doesn't work this way and it shouldn't.
Last edited by Johny_Snow on Jan 18, 2019, 4:15:10 AM
Just to clear a few things up.

"
Johny_Snow wrote:

In the end all of the "suggestions" brought up to change it come from people who want it to be better for themselves, to fit their taste and idea of how the game should be played. But why? Why complicate things when the simple solution is already there and there is no need to change it? As I said before, the death penalty is an integral part of what the game is, without it everything falls apart. If you want to change it AND keep the defensive classes/items relevant then why changing it at all?

Perhaps the people think that the game would be better overall? That is why people try to argue for how it would be better so that other people can judge if they also consider it to be an improvement.

People are not saying that there should not be a death penalty. The point is rather that the current death penalty system does not function as well as it could. In fact, the current death penalty system allows for "zerging" through much of the game (acts and even maps when you are not levelling.) Level 100 characters also get no exp death penalty.

Better how? For who? The suggestions make an already bloated game more complicated, is it really worth it for something the majority clearly don't have problems with?
Yea the death penalty needs to go. Now that all the semi-hc master missions and lab were added to the game it serves no real purpose.

Playing boring content while waiting to level up sucks.
I'm a forum warrior, i was born to post, raised to defend my league. Now my post has been removed, chained and exiled by mods who Ban. Ban is my brother; i do not fear it. I see it in the eyes of men and beasts that i troll. It will take me to play the actual game when i am ready and i am not ready.
Last edited by Pyrokar on Jan 18, 2019, 6:19:44 AM
"
Miathan51 wrote:
"
Millar wrote:

Well my armours around 13k and its says 51% dmg reduction..

And do you have any clue how armor works? How damage of a physical hit is calculated? It's on the wiki, look it up.

The short version is that the reduction depends on the damage of the hit, so that there is no set percentage that you mitigate. The percentage in the character sheet is sort of an average. It's basically useless because it doesn't apply to any specific situation.

I'll be honest, I've maybe looked up one mechanic on the wiki. But I didn't start playing a game, to have to read math formulas on a wiki on every aspect of said game. The information displayed in game should give me an understanding of what's going on, no?

I've openly asked for criticism on my gear to help here, If it's not enough to handle a tier 8 map syndicate member. Plz Tell me why? I'm just an average gamer.

HAaaaaaa, the dead penalty whining ! Not a single day without it .

-there are no reasons to push past 95
-there are no reasons to keep playing your level 100 character.
-there are plenty of reason to not give a single fuck about dying while farming currency in sc.

But ok, I guess since I play HC I can t understand the motivations behind the death penalty whining. When I die I start again from 0.

Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Jan 18, 2019, 8:29:26 AM
"
Head_Less wrote:
HAaaaaaa, the dead penalty whining ! Not a single day without it .

Can we please have a discussion without being dismissive of the other point of view, please?

"
Head_Less wrote:
-there are no reasons to push past 95
-there are no reasons to keep playing your level 100 character.
-there are plenty of reason to not give a single fuck about dying while farming currency in sc.

That's a really weird set of points to put forward in favor of the penalty.
If there are no reasons to push past 95, and no reasons to keep playing a level 100 character, is there really a reason to keep playing a level 95 character?
If no fuck is given about the penalty while farming currency, then it fails its purpose, doesn't it?

"
Head_Less wrote:
But ok, I guess since I play HC I can t understand the motivations behind the death penalty whining. When I die I start again from 0.

Well, you did opt-in for the extra penalty, so it's unfair to treat us as if we did take the choice to opt-in too. I would be more than happy to simply be able to opt-out of the penalty so that those that do like it can continue having it.
Sorry, I don't think giving unfair advantages to weaker players is an option.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info