Path of Exile, Gameplay Criticism

yeah, that's not how it works. your math (or lack thereof) assumes that every attack is a hit and every hit is a crit.

you also are trying to compare them directly, omitting all links. a coc build loses 1 link for the coc gem. additionally, they'll face tradeoffs (some can be mitigated with 'cannot be evaded' affixes) from having to balance their tree/gear around both attack/crit and spell damage.

additionally, self-cast and totem/etc users benefit tremendously from inc cast speed. you seem to omit this.

just for starters.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
yeah, that's not how it works. your math (or lack thereof) assumes that every attack is a hit and every hit is a crit.

you also are trying to compare them directly, omitting all links. a coc build loses 1 link for the coc gem. additionally, they'll face tradeoffs (some can be mitigated with 'cannot be evaded' affixes) from having to balance their tree/gear around both attack/crit and spell damage.

additionally, self-cast and totem/etc users benefit tremendously from inc cast speed. you seem to omit this.

just for starters.

Hiting or missing is problem of every build. Comparing them both still gives you 600% more cast speed for free.

You dont need to invest anything in the attack except for the crit. But that is comparable to any crit build and it is not hard to get over 50% crit rate. So thats also not something that you take into account because, both scenarios need this stat.
Attack skill in trigger build is just free cast speed multiplier. Some of them reach 10 hits per second without investment going over the ~6 hits per second easly with completly no investment even if you would take into account evasion of enemy.

You invest in the spell that you trigger, because simply saying you get power of spell with the speed of attack.

You dont also loose 1 gem for CoC gem, sine CoC itself gives +40% dmg multiplier for the spell.

The problem is that you dont list diffrences, you list what is exactly the same in what you compare and try to use it as your counter-argument.
Last edited by herflik on Jan 17, 2019, 2:06:42 PM
"
herflik wrote:

Hiting or missing is problem of every build.

wow, just... no.

you don't even understand the mechanical differences between attacks and spells.

"
herflik wrote:
You dont also loose 1 gem for CoC gem, sine CoC itself gives +40% dmg multiplier for the spell.

omg.

6l fireball. fireball and 5 supports.

6l coc fireball. fireball and ATTACK GEM and 4 supports, one of which is coc. FACT: not 5 supports.

this is rudimentary as all hell.

"
herflik wrote:
You dont need to invest anything in the attack except for the crit.

right, because who needs accuracy with an attck build, amirite? especially crit builds... no accuracy needed.

i guess you can make a resolute technique coc build. let me know how that works for you.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

Last edited by robmafia on Jan 17, 2019, 2:19:37 PM
"
robmafia wrote:
"
herflik wrote:

Hiting or missing is problem of every build.

wow, just... no.

you don't even understand the mechanical differences between attacks and spells.

"
herflik wrote:

omg.

6l fireball. fireball and 5 supports.

6l coc fireball. fireball and ATTACK GEM and 4 supports, one of which is coc. FACT: not 5 supports.

this is rudimentary as all hell.

"
herflik wrote:
You dont need to invest anything in the attack except for the crit.

right, because who needs accuracy with an attck build, amirite? especially crit builds... no accuracy needed.

i guess you can make a resolute technique coc build. let me know how that works for you.

6l fireball as a trigger is equal to :
1 support = coc with is 40% more dmg = regular support power
1 support = attack = 600% more cast speed (overpowered part), your spells can now miss
3 regular support

Crit scale the spell aswell, where most spellcasters go into crit anyway.
You only get the drawback of needing accuracy. But thats really low drawback. Also all attack skill builds have this problem, so thats not an argument since its 50% of population. Its not something unique and unfair.

Talking with you is like talking about...

ME: "We both have cars but your go 600mph and mine 100mph. Thats unfair."
YOU: "But I need to tank fuel into mine."
Last edited by herflik on Jan 17, 2019, 2:27:45 PM
omg.

you evaded all of it.

accuracy. crit. math. 5 supports vs 4.

i'm guessing you're unaware that there are 2 accuracy checks for a crit. and my RT joke clearly went over your head.

ffs, you didn't even know that spells always hit.
[Removed by Support]

Last edited by robmafia on Jan 17, 2019, 2:31:02 PM
Wow nice work. Total pro voice too.

I dont agree with no death penalty tho. Should be even harder like lose a whole level on death. Stop boss zerging at start of new level - doing content you shouldnt be doing. And engages brain on how to overcome. (play jugg you say?) yes game is unbalanced that need fixing too.

Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Jan 17, 2019, 2:42:08 PM
Getting back to the exp-penalty issue.

There are actually many parts of the game that already penalize dying.

- Maps have limited portals (although you rarely need all 6, so a lost portal often does not matter.)
- Incursions end if you die
- You need to re-do delves if you die.
- Beastcrafting fails if you die
- Some Betrayal encounters end up in failure if you die
- Abysses pretty much fail if you die
- Some Zana missions easily fail if you die (although they messed them up this patch, so there is no point in succeeding in them.)

The timer systems are kind of bad for balancing reasons, but I think these kind of death penalties are much better than the exp-one. You lose an opportunity instead of something you already "have" and you can't trivialize the penalty.

I think these could be improved further. Maybe have a single portal for non-special maps and less loot clutter. Perhaps current act areas would reset if you died, so you have to clear through them again or something. Tangible penalty that forces you to learn and get better.

Still not that clear on how the exp-guest would work and a bit worried on the whole trading aspect of it. Trade-to-win is already too strong in this game.

---

Really discouraged by the GGG on feedback bit.

And even more discouraged by the Chris comment. Any idea on why he thinks like that?

I just got 1 shot on a tier 8 map by a syndicate member, while taking on a red tier elder is no problem? Capped res, 51 dmg reduction not fortified and plenty of leech. Oh and I know how to use my movement skills just fine. One thing I cant figure out is the mistake I made? Just wondering if anyone of you "PROS" can take a look at my gear and skill tree and tell me how to improve to avoid a tier 8 death?...

The fact is, this guy is right on almost every point. Ill agree the aurabot is kinda funny and hes wrong about that on lol. But how does anyone argue with this. If any of these changes were to be made, it would improve the game. Which in turns keeps players and allows all u PROS to to sell ur gear and make some C right? How do we lose?

P.S. A Double xp weekend would definitely be a start to making up for this bullshit syndicate slaughtering.
Last edited by Millar on Jan 17, 2019, 3:56:26 PM
"
51 dmg reduction

it's likely much less than that.

[Removed by Support]

"
Cipp wrote:
Getting back to the exp-penalty issue.

There are actually many parts of the game that already penalize dying.

- Maps have limited portals (although you rarely need all 6, so a lost portal often does not matter.)
- Incursions end if you die
- You need to re-do delves if you die.
- Beastcrafting fails if you die
- Some Betrayal encounters end up in failure if you die
- Abysses pretty much fail if you die
- Some Zana missions easily fail if you die (although they messed them up this patch, so there is no point in succeeding in them.)

The timer systems are kind of bad for balancing reasons, but I think these kind of death penalties are much better than the exp-one. You lose an opportunity instead of something you already "have" and you can't trivialize the penalty.

I think these could be improved further. Maybe have a single portal for non-special maps and less loot clutter. Perhaps current act areas would reset if you died, so you have to clear through them again or something. Tangible penalty that forces you to learn and get better.

Still not that clear on how the exp-guest would work and a bit worried on the whole trading aspect of it. Trade-to-win is already too strong in this game.

---

Really discouraged by the GGG on feedback bit.

And even more discouraged by the Chris comment. Any idea on why he thinks like that?

Without the DP people would just plow through the game like destiny 2. We do not want this.

Removing the DP would also make the ladder meaningless. Any old newb can troll the game and throw their body at it until they are the 2 millionth player to hit 100.

I am wondering if anyone has played any other ARPG, where there is no DP. Those are fun for about a week.

We would drown in a sea of bland RPGs if we removed our defining features.

And even the convoluted body retrieval system that is gaining traction with the group of players getting stuck at 90 will be exploited.
Last edited by PathxofxDante on Jan 17, 2019, 5:29:14 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info