Two labyrinth trials are among most deadly areas in the game

"
boyandroid wrote:
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
boyandroid wrote:
Does waiting for 10 seconds really that hard?

thats why i play arpg games
to stand 10 seconds on every trap in the content that has nothing to do with arpg genre
thats so much fun involved

That's why they called it "Trials", to not only test your mechanical skill but also your mental skill like focus, knowledge, endurance, patience, etc.

yeah, i came tired from work, logged in arpg game to relax killing mobs and getting loot, but no, i need to test my mental skills. test my focus, endurance, patience. like i didnt test this during my irl work.
if this shit would be optional and completely ignorable without any consequences for character development, i wouldnt mind.

i dont know if you are familiar with d3, but i think they got this right with their set dungeons. sd are obnoxious and tedious shit, designed exactly with purposes you have mentioned, they are trials for each class set. and, guess what, they are completely optional and only for those who want to get challanges (for cosmetic rewards for example).

if d3 devs would go poe's way, they should lock class passives or even set passive damage bonus behind set dungeon completion, so you unlock 1 passive per each dungeon. jesus christ, i cant even imagine what backlash that would cause and how horrible that decision would be.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Jan 15, 2019, 3:28:42 AM
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

yeah, i came tired from work, logged in arpg game to relax killing mobs and getting loot, but no, i need to test my mental skills. test my focus, endurance, patience. like i didnt test this during my irl work.
if this shit would be optional and completely ignorable without any consequences for character development, i wouldnt mind.

Since when ARPG mean MIDLESS SMASHING OF MONSTERS? Go try other ARPG's, Grim Dawn for example. Even Diablo 2, which is considered best ARPG ever made to this day, wasnt just |mindless killing|
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

Since when ARPG mean MIDLESS SMASHING OF MONSTERS? Go try other ARPG's, Grim Dawn for example. Even Diablo 2, which is considered best ARPG ever made to this day, wasnt just |mindless killing|

depends on perspective, but you call it _action_ role playing game for a reason.
i would not call anything involved in this process as "mindless". its intelligent killing. because you construct your char to do this with efficiency, fashion, and the way you are satisfied to do so. never thought about this? because its core of arpg.

and player needs to have a choice what kind of content he wants to encounter. it was mentioned like hundred times: lab and trials are not optional. so there is no choice.

i dont consider d2 as goat. it was best for its time, but, truth is, games get better with time.
dead game
bring back 3.13
Last edited by Tainted_Fate on Jan 15, 2019, 3:42:56 AM
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

If those Trials will spend more than 50% of your play time in POE, I'll understand your reasoning, but it is not, I bet those Trials is just less than 1% of your playtime in POE & you only have to do it once, after that you can go back again to your "mindless" killing of mobs in maps.
"A game IS supposed to waste your time but it's not supposed to make you FEEL like you're wasting your time:
It's supposed to make you WANT to waste your time."
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
... very punishing towards impatience ...

That's the only reason. With a little patience it's impossible to die to the burning rage trial for example.
German saying: Schönheit und Funktionalität in Sekundenschnelle zu ruinieren, ist dem wahren Dilettanten keine Herausforderung!
torturo: "Though, I'm really concerned, knowing by practice the capabilities of the balance team."
top2000: "let me bend your rear for a moment exile"
"
666lol666 wrote:
"
SeCKSEgai wrote:
... very punishing towards impatience ...

That's the only reason. With a little patience it's impossible to die to the burning rage trial for example.

Having completed everything on that list, the trials pale in comparison, it's just that players are impatient or simply bad.

Pillars of Arun has shields that prevent some skills from off-screen kills so those players have to facetank damage they might not be able to mitigate with each pillar transition.

The Shaper Guardians can do crazy damage depending on the mods rolled, and they all hit hard enough without them to still be threatening to all but niche builds.

The Core Boss Fight is in a small area - builds that can clear maps with ease can struggle when you limit their room to maneuver.

Hallowed Ground likely kills players that don't realize they have to clear the side bosses before taking out the guy in the middle.

Vaal Temple basically has the Uber Trio but with map mods.

Then you have the trials.... so when people try to use that as some kind of leverage to try and get them removed.... yeah.
Yep, totally over league play.
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

i would not call anything involved in this process as "mindless". its intelligent killing. because you construct your char to do this with efficiency, fashion, and the way you are satisfied to do so. never thought about this? because its core of arpg.

Boi, you can literally clear maps with your eyes closed and you are telling me its not "MINDLESS"?
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Shows you what kind of player I am... I find Burning Rage one of the easier trials.

Easiest but also the most boring for me.
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
I was at 139/159 on the atlas before I even found the 6th trial. It was retarded.
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:
"
Aynix wrote:
"
Tainted_Fate wrote:

depends on perspective, but you call it _action_ role playing game for a reason.

and player needs to have a choice what kind of content he wants to encounter. it was mentioned like hundred times: lab and trials are not optional. so there is no choice.

i dont consider d2 as goat. it was best for its time, but, truth is, games get better with time.

99.9% of the time your "intelligent killing" involves people following guides as far as they possibly can to the letter, and right clicking to victory. A few builds have 3 or 4 buttons, fewer still use more.

Players absolutely do not need to have "choice" over every single thing in the game. Should you be able to opt out of the 10 act progression and just do delve? Many people would want it, but the simple answer is no.

You need to do the trials a grand total of 1 time each and they take about 5 minutes going slowly, if that. They are insanely easy when prepared for and if you aren't trying to speed run them. I get that you don't like the content, and that's ok, but that doesn't mean that it should be changed.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info